2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

The first page needs to be edited.

I was gonna bring up a Shavers too but wasn’t sure if Tennessee was still in the picture. I don’t really know What schools Hollingshead is looking at.

According to top 75 concensus, which is in an earlier thread, these are schools Hollingshead is considering.
UNC, NCSU, GT, UGA, Tenn, UVA, FSU, Purdue, Texas, Miss State, Duke

It sorta appeared Key’s commitment may have influenced Wiggins, so possibly Hollingshead, too, hope not.

Last edited:
Seems that way. But there is a large rating gap from McPherson to her. Should they hold off until 22 have the most attractive sell especially if/when you know you are not ready to compete for a final four this year?
Nobody knows that, and Kellie will be Coaching to get there and beyond.

Reactions: krichunaka
The only players I think that are still on the list are Hollingshead, Miles, and Shavers a lot of schools involved. JMO I would be ok to go with the three players we have now and see what the transfer market looks like in a few months. There will certainly be some Grad Transfers available if nothing develops with any other 2021 player. We have ten on the chart and it looks to me that we have the point guard situation well in hand with Horston, Salary, and Wynn also being able to play there. Salary totally looks the part and has more skills and ability than any of the point guard players we have left on the board. Gordon is not an option she is staying in Florida. I don't know when Miles would get to play or if she played how much because I think Horston and Salary will be the combo at the point for the next couple years taking most of the minutes. The more video I watch of Salary previous games and highlights the more excited I get about her being a player that can impact immediately. I knew she was a slasher to the basket never realized what a smooth stroke she has from the three and perimeter shots in general.

Right now for 2021 we have Burrell, Horston, Salary, Renee, Darby, Wynn, Suarez, and Puckett. I really don't see where we need to add there as all except Burrell back in 2022. We could use another inside player with KK, McCoy and Green all gone after this season. Only incoming is Striplin granted Puckett and Suarez have some stretch four ability. Not against signing another perimeter player but needs to be a difference maker like we knew Key would be and I don't see anyone like that left on our board.

I agree. We can use a PG and another strong post but I am getting the feeling that this class will be (a dynamite) three and Kellie will need to recruit to her needs in 2022 and get her temp help from the graduate portal. If she wins next year along with building strong relationships, she will improve recruiting results significantly. Still, if this year is any indication, recruiting is doing well. Better to sign talent that is a fit rather than talent that causes division. As far as posts are concerned, Emily may surprise some. Her HS stats show she can put the ball in the hole. She also stalks the lane well looking for blocks and with coaching, along with her size, she will be fine inside.

According to top 75 concensus, which is in an earlier thread, these are schools Hollingshead is considering.
UNC, NCSU, GT, UGA, Tenn, UVA, FSU, Purdue, Texas, Miss State, Duke

It sorta appeared Key’s commitment may have influenced Wiggins, so possibly Hollingshead, too, hope not.
Do you have a link for this?

Reactions: krichunaka
The only players I think that are still on the list are Hollingshead, Miles, and Shavers a lot of schools involved. JMO I would be ok to go with the three players we have now and see what the transfer market looks like in a few months. There will certainly be some Grad Transfers available if nothing develops with any other 2021 player. We have ten on the chart and it looks to me that we have the point guard situation well in hand with Horston, Salary, and Wynn also being able to play there. Salary totally looks the part and has more skills and ability than any of the point guard players we have left on the board. Gordon is not an option she is staying in Florida. I don't know when Miles would get to play or if she played how much because I think Horston and Salary will be the combo at the point for the next couple years taking most of the minutes. The more video I watch of Salary previous games and highlights the more excited I get about her being a player that can impact immediately. I knew she was a slasher to the basket never realized what a smooth stroke she has from the three and perimeter shots in general.

Right now for 2021 we have Burrell, Horston, Salary, Renee, Darby, Wynn, Suarez, and Puckett. I really don't see where we need to add there as all except Burrell back in 2022. We could use another inside player with KK, McCoy and Green all gone after this season. Only incoming is Striplin granted Puckett and Suarez have some stretch four ability. Not against signing another perimeter player but needs to be a difference maker like we knew Key would be and I don't see anyone like that left on our board.
I thought McCoy would have an extra year of eligibility because of her injury at the JUCO school if she were to apply and be granted one she would graduate with Rae.

Last edited:
I agree. We can use a PG and another strong post but I am getting the feeling that this class will be (a dynamite) three and Kellie will need to recruit to her needs in 2022 and get her temp help from the graduate portal. If she wins next year along with building strong relationships, she will improve recruiting results significantly. Still, if this year is any indication, recruiting is doing well. Better to sign talent that is a fit rather than talent that causes division. As far as posts are concerned, Emily may surprise some. Her HS stats show she can put the ball in the hole. She also stalks the lane well looking for blocks and with coaching, along with her size, she will be fine inside.
Yeah, I don’t know. Hopeful but not overly optimistic.

Maybe they are other players that we don’t know about as already stated and if they don’t get anyone else from this class then They can still go after Transfers/Grad transfers, JUCO players and International players to round out the class.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

Also, Tamari, Emily, and Striplin, makes eleven. 🙂

Tennessee Women's Basketball Recruiting | WBB Blog

Last edited:
I want UNC,Lady vols, LaTech..Duke .All those teams to get ontop again. TN hanging on better than all of them.

I agree about Emily. She has soft hands and is a good shooter from 10 feet in. Hopefully, after a year in the system, she’ll be a presence for us this year.

I think Jasmine Shavers is MS State commit or shes just really close with Nikki Mcray because shes retweeting alot of things to do with the whole shaver family.
Just a guess

Reactions: mcannon1
She has a cousin that is a wide receiver on the Miss St. football team. Miss St. is on her final list of schools too.
didnt know her cousin was on the football team lol im just assuming shes like a secret MS State commit and keeping it under wraps if she is coach MCcray isnt doing a very good job of that😂😂😂

Figured we could start a catch-all thread for 2021 recruiting.

Committed:
- Karoline Striplin
- Kaiya Wynn
- Sara Puckett

Some prospects:
- Jillian Hollingshead
- O’Mariah Gordon
- Brooklynn Miles [offered]
- Jasmine Shavers [top-8]
I noticed that Shavers is the only player who is considering the LV’s for 21. Is that correct?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back