The 2020 Tennessee Lady Vols

It’s just the truth. Her shooting percentages were bad.

No reason for you to ignore it.

I would say that YOU need to give her a break by being honest about her stats.

I totally understand she was a freshman. I’m not trashing her, just fact checking you.

No, you're being confrontational for the umpteenth time .

I didn’t even read what you posted. Stopped bothering weeks ago. Life is too short to interact with a keyboard warrior. Have fun watching Rutgers go down in flames 👍🏼

Trolls, whatcha going to do other than stick their BS back in their face?

Can you just answer a question?

was what I posted about Horston incorrect?

No, but it was negative
There are many positive things to say about that young lady

Great kid, with a strong family foundation
high assists total
one of the top Freshmen performers in the toughest conference in WBB
etc,,,,,,,,

Yet all I hear from you is the same thing over and over
gets old

I realize you're not a Lady Vol fan as much as a Rutgers fan, but this is a Lady Vol site and read by Lady Vol fans, parents, people,,,,they don't know you as being a fan of another team BC your name does not indicate it.
They read it, as I read it, and see disgruntled and negativity.

gets old

If you don't mind me being honest too

Fans of a team generally suffer from confirmation bias. They prefer to see only those facts the reflect favorably on their team.
Facts that they view as negative, though they may be accurate, are better left unsaid.

unless, as in CHW's case, they NEED to be said

Even in that particular case, look how many of our fans still wanted to keep Holly, as head coach, deep into her tenure at that position.

There a lot to be said for commitment, but there's also a lot to be said for saving the ship.
I suffered alienation for my negativity towards Holly that haunt me to this day.
But it is what it is, my allegiance is to the university and the team, not to any ONE person within that matrix.
I called it as I saw it and maybe one day they will give me another shot

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
Facts that they view as negative, though they may be accurate, are better left unsaid.
unless, as in CHW's case, they NEED to be said
Baloney. I favor free speech. Because the alternative is who decides when things NEED to be said? Any recommendations for that committee? Perserve free speech, and use the ignore feature as needed.

I'm more comfortable than some practicing free forum speech because I suffer no illusion that things I say are read by, cared about by, nor having a bit of influence upon anyone remotely connected with the LV program. And it's never, ever personal, just like when you discuss a book, movie, or a song.

Bballnut, I enjoy you're posts.

We need another point guard.

Baloney. I favor free speech. Because the alternative is who decides when things NEED to be said? Any recommendations for that committee? Perserve free speech, and use the ignore feature as needed.

I'm more comfortable than some practicing free forum speech because I suffer no illusion that things I say are read by, cared about by, nor having a bit of influence upon anyone remotely connected with the LV program. And it's never, ever personal, just like when you discuss a book, movie, or a song.

Bballnut, I enjoy you're posts.

We need another point guard.
Since you included my post in your response, I feel it necessary to clarify my position.
I was speaking from the viewpoint of those that prefer that facts, perceived to be negative, not be posted.
That is not my personal viewpoint.

Look for Destiny Salary to be the other point guard. She has all the talent you need to fill the position except experience at the big time level. That is of course is a huge negative, but I think she will score more than Massengill, have as good a free throw percentage and certainly shoot the three better. I think you never know what a freshman will do in the mistake category. We'll get our answer as she looks like the player that will have the opportunity to provide the answers if of course we even get to play the season.

No, but it was negative
There are many positive things to say about that young lady

Great kid, with a strong family foundation
high assists total
one of the top Freshmen performers in the toughest conference in WBB
etc,,,,,,,,

Yet all I hear from you is the same thing over and over
gets old

I realize you're not a Lady Vol fan as much as a Rutgers fan, but this is a Lady Vol site and read by Lady Vol fans, parents, people,,,,they don't know you as being a fan of another team BC your name does not indicate it.
They read it, as I read it, and see disgruntled and negativity.

gets old

If you don't mind me being honest too

I didn’t post those stats in a vacum.

YOU posted she only had one bad stat and posters keep harping on that stat. While turnovers are a huge stat for a potential point guard, she didn’t have only one bad stat.

i corrected you. It seems you are more annoyed with that than the fact that she struggles shooting.

You could have responded to my post with “you’re right, she has bad shooting stats“. instead you went from a weak argument that they weren’t bad in relation to her teammates to attacking me for posting the stats at all.

There are plenty of Tennessee fans here that appreciate a truthful look at the players.

25904a.jpg

I didn’t post those stats in a vacum.

YOU posted she only had one bad stat and posters keep harping on that stat. While turnovers are a huge stat for a potential point guard, she didn’t have only one bad stat.

i corrected you. It seems you are more annoyed with that than the fact that she struggles shooting.

You could have responded to my post with “you’re right, she has bad shooting stats“. instead you went from a weak argument that they weren’t bad in relation to her teammates to attacking me for posting the stats at all.

There are plenty of Tennessee fans here that appreciate a truthful look at the players.
you got a like from Darth... Enough said

One thing I certainly neglected to realize was that Jessie Rennie was coming off an ACL in 2018. Her biggest deficit last season was her speed. Wondering if that might be vastly improved now that she’s had more time to heal and train?

Her ball handling needed some work. Still think she will be a real asset.

I'm counting on Jessie nailing at least a couple of 3's a game. I thought her shooting confidence improved as the season progressed. Long range gunners can be streaky and confidence is critical. Rennia seemed to like kicking it to her then celebrating as she took the shot so I expect she hits her 3's in practice.

Just from the clips they have shown Rennie looks a lot better physically than she did when she first got to Tennessee. She gets five attempts she is more than likely going to make a couple of them and is going to average out around 40 percent on all attempts. I expect her to be able to get attempts more easily as a sophomore. Having her on the court should at least make defenses stretch and the fact we'll have more three point shooters than we had last season really make me confident we can shoot 35 percent as a team instead of the 31.7 we managed last year.

VN Store

Back