2020 MLB Draft

He’s not a winning player. In fact he’s only been a winning player at the SEC level for one weekend(round rock). Check his numbers in the summers where he got plenty of ABs.

Put a new guy in there and watch them develop into a much better player and quickly.
I’ve seen the kid in the summer league as he hit well and was considered a top prospect in the Northwoods. College and UT is very different as we had a .220 hitter playing lead off last year. TV wants instant production because we need to win and don’t forget relationships!! They say the kid had worked hard the past year and appeared to figure it out. There all prospects and some 1st rounders don’t make it to the bigs!

I’ve seen the kid in the summer league as he hit well and was considered a top prospect in the Northwoods. College and UT is very different as we had a .220 hitter playing lead off last year. TV wants instant production because we need to win and don’t forget relationships!! They say the kid had worked hard the past year and appeared to figure it out. There all prospects and some 1st rounders don’t make it to the bigs!
ZD Kd 72 times in the north woods that summer. He only hit 250 in that league and that’s traditional a very high end offensive production summer league.

Not enough ABs to know if the light came on for him.

Sure, but the burden of proof would be on assuming that he wasn't good for the team.

As far as we know, CTV wanted him on the roster, and now he won't be on the roster. That isn't a good thing, considering it's within the realm of possibility [although I hope it isn't true, obviously] that next year's team might be our best ball team in a good little while.

Sure, but the burden of proof would be on assuming that he wasn't good for the team.

Large roster sizes with older players being beaten out and not playing as much as they assumed is never a good thing for team chemistry. This takes one less possibility of that happening away and I see this as a very good thing for the vols

Draft was really nice to Vol Signing class. No one drafted. Charez Butcher, RHP up to 96 from IN, says he will attend UT.
Same for Blade Tidwell, sitting 95-96, will go to UT. Big time additions.[/QUOTE
Huge. Pre season top 15 ranking for sure next year.
The depth on the bumb is incredible. The two you just mentioned along with Leath would have been drafted but all wisely had a high asking price. All 1st round talents.

All those guys, with Sewell pitching more, Rackers coming back from his redshirt, and one of the Joyce brothers (one of which can hit between 95-100, but I'm not sure which one it is)....makes for crowded time on the hill and interesting battle for the weekend starters' spots. Should make for a deep pitching staff and a good hard-throwing bullpen.

Crazy crazy draft.
Kid from upper east tenn was a shocking 2nd round pick, cole Wilcox went way late and D3 player got picked.
Wild

Oh and the braves made a horrible pick
Franklyn is coming back from a collarbone injury so I think Atlanta got a steal there based off previous seasons.

Glad to see an East Tennessee State Buccaneer get drafted (Knack) and congratulations to Soularie and Daniels.

The SEC proved that they are an elite baseball league based on this draft and UT having three players drafted will definitely help Coach Vitello's future recruiting classes.

Next year's draft increases to 20 rounds.

Franklyn is coming back from a collarbone injury so I think Atlanta got a steal there based off previous seasons.

Glad to see an East Tennessee State Buccaneer get drafted (Knack) and congratulations to Soularie and Daniels.

The SEC proved that they are an elite baseball league based on this draft and UT having three players drafted will definitely help Coach Vitello's future recruiting classes.

Next year's draft increases to 20 rounds.

Sorry I wasn’t talking about Knack. He was well worthy of being picked there. I was talking about HS kid that was from Elizabethton. That was a shocking pick

As for the braves their draft was just plain awful

Dumb as hell unless they can t spell cat
Maybe before your time, Bru, but Hollywood Henderson said Terry Bradshaw was so dumb, he couldn't spell cat, if u spotted him the "c" and the "t", before Super Bowl XIV (I think?). Of course, Pitt won 35-31

Reactions: BruinVol
Dumb as hell unless they can t spell cat
How long is the contract for that $20k?

I did read that the free agents that take the $20k are still getting scholarship money when they are through playing.

If really wants an education but isn't offered much money to play college, that $20k and scholarship start looking better.

How long is the contract for that $20k?

I did read that the free agents that take the $20k are still getting scholarship money when they are through playing and be cut anytime

If really wants an education but isn't offered much money to play college, that $20k and scholarship start looking better.

He’s a 125k arm at worst next year.

That 20k is a signing bonus and now he’s going to make 12-1500 a month for only the season

He’s a 125k arm at worst next year.

That 20k is a signing bonus and now he’s going to make 12-1500 a month for only the season

Oh I agree with you on Chase but help me understand the numbers for a high school kid that really wants an education.
Somebody that the education is more important than baseball.

How long is the contract for a $20k free agent?

$20k for 1 year and a full ride after that doesn't sound so bad.
$20k for 4 years and tuition only after that doesn't sound good at all.

Oh I agree with you on Chase but help me understand the numbers for a high school kid that really wants an education.
Somebody that the education is more important than baseball.

How long is the contract for a $20k free agent?

$20k for 1 year and a full ride after that doesn't sound so bad.
$20k for 4 years and tuition only after that doesn't sound good at all.

Choosing to sign professionally out of hs is a choice of baseball over education not the other way around. It’s an alarming stat and I don’t recall the exact number but iirc it’s over 90% of hs kids that sign to play professional Baseball never get their college degrees even if it’s paid for. That’s why the owners of Mlb are willing to offer that due to them knowing very few kids ever use it

the 20k is a one time payment and after taxes it’s barely over 10k.

VN Store

Back