'21 TN TE Hudson Wolfe (Ole Miss commit)

I've said it before, when we have a perceived weakness in talent at a position it seems Pruitt and the staff totally zero in with the recruiting and turn it into a strength. OL was in shambles and didn't even have enough to practice with, now on the verge of a top 5 unit in the country. DBs were thin, now a position of strength. DL was nonexistent, now solid. 3 months ago you couldn't even project 5 guys at TE, by next year we'll probably be running a 2 TE offense a lot of the time.

Turning this kid to UT is a major compliment to the staff's work. 6 months ago he was a Bama lock. Don't know if you realize it, but it's twice the distance from his home in Savannah TN to Knoxville (305 miles) than it is from Savannah to Tuscaloosa (145 miles). I'm sure Satan thought he had this one.

I've said it before, when we have a perceived weakness in talent at a position it seems Pruitt and the staff totally zero in with the recruiting and turn it into a strength. OL was in shambles and didn't even have enough to practice with, now on the verge of a top 5 unit in the country. DBs were thin, now a position of strength. DL was nonexistent, now solid. 3 months ago you couldn't even project 5 guys at TE, by next year we'll probably be running a 2 TE offense a lot of the time.

Turning this kid to UT is a major compliment to the staff's work. 6 months ago he was a Bama lock. Don't know if you realize it, but it's twice the distance from his home in Savannah TN to Knoxville (305 miles) than it is from Savannah to Tuscaloosa (145 miles). I'm sure Satan thought he had this one.
That’s awesome. Quite the observation, friend. Hadn’t realized that about the distance from the two campuses. To be fair I was also thinking Hardin county was closer as well 😂

A commitment could be coming very soon for Wolfe. This is a battle between Ohio State and Tennessee with Ole Miss looking like the dark horse. The Buckeyes seem like the favorite but the Vols have been recruiting very well over the last month and that momentum could help them with Wolfe.
Ohio State has long been considered the leader here but the Vols have done a great job making up ground. I feel that Tennessee has the edge now and Ole Miss could be second as Ohio State has fallen a bit.
-Farrell

In my opinion, Ohio St wanted this one bad. Good player yes but more than that... This would be coming down south and taking what Saban called the best TE in the country right out from under King Saban's and red hot recruiting Pruitt's noses.

Last edited:
We start with Hudson Wolfe who has been trending positively for the Vols for several weeks. Tennessee’s staff did a really nice job with Wolfe on his visit in March when Covid-19 hit and started the dead period. He has really appreciated how much Jeremy Pruitt and Joe Osovet have made him a priority and that’s a big reason for the good vibes for the Vols.
-VQ.

In my opinion, Ohio St wanted this one bad. Good player yes but more than that... This would be coming down south and taking what Saban called the best TE in the country right out from under King Saban's and red hot recruiting Pruitt's noses.
I feel like East TN recruits itself. Who wouldn't want to live here. TN > Bama/Ohio

Highly rated recruits from East Tennessee, apparently, since they all leave.
Cade came back when he saw what Athens was all about. I believe Higgins was truly torn but had to do what was best for him at the time. My point was that Knoxville is much better than the alternatives, and I believe we are about to be back on top. Recruiting will almost be easy.

I appreciate your input though.

Highly rated recruits from East Tennessee, apparently, since they all leave.

Kids who grow up in Hawaii want to get out and go somewhere else. It is easy to take a great place for granted when you grow up there. It is not about how beautiful a place is, it is about having a different experience and that is what college is all about.

VN Store

Back