2020 MLB Draft

This was the dumbest thing you have ever posted.
Funny coming from the person who dogged Crochet last summer and said recruiting would drop off. One was the 11th overall pick and the recruiting is off the charts and is on the top 10 level consistently. It eats you up how good they are doesn’t it?

Last edited:
Crochet wasn’t able to showcase the 5 mph jump on his fastball and new mastered change. His injury wasn’t serious whatsoever. Starters in the bigs miss a start or two all the time. This is all the injury was. Yes it did cost HS pitchers too but Crochet was affected. It wasn’t the injury at all.

Look covid had an effect on everyone but it could have actually helped GC had he not have had the injury. If he had pitched lights out up until Covid he would have gone higher. It’s clear that covid hurt the Hs guys which in turn helped a number of college guys and the time missed didn’t allow GC to take advantage of that.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Look covid had an effect on everyone but it could have actually helped GC had he not have had the injury. If he had pitched lights out up until Covid he would have gone higher. It’s clear that covid hurt the Hs guys which in turn helped a number of college guys and the time missed didn’t allow GC to take advantage of that.
Yes that’s true

No it isn’t but it actually isn’t all
That odd for the SEC either. A number of SEC teams have 3 potenial 1st rounders on their pitching staffs.
tidwell is 100% one without a doubt.
Spot on with Tidwell. He’s been flying up draft boards. Covid saved him but still aren’t out of the woods but is asking for top dollar because when he’s done here he’s a 1st rounder.

Reactions: sport3500
Whenever Crochet makes the White Sox roster, he will have a solid mentor in Dallas Keuchel, whom Chicago signed as a free agent this past offseason.

The first round wasv terrific for the SEC and this draft is proving that the SEC is a solid league in college baseball.

Didn't Coach Vitello sign Hjerstead of Arkansas who was drafted second by Baltimore who also got a Mississippi State player in the compensation draft.

Funny coming from the person who dogged Crochet last summer and said recruiting would drop off. One was the 11th overall pick and the recruiting is off the charts and is on the top 10 level consistently. It eats you up how good they are doesn’t it?
Never dogged him 1 time. Go look.

Everyone needs to go look at Charez Butcher if you’re talking about who could potentially be a first rounder
Yeah. I left him out. Between him, Joyce (throwing 100) now, Tidwell, Sewell, Leath, Rackers, Gilbert I would feel comfortable placing a wager that 3 will be in the 1st round

Last edited:
Whenever Crochet makes the White Sox roster, he will have a solid mentor in Dallas Keuchel, whom Chicago signed as a free agent this past offseason.

The first round wasv terrific for the SEC and this draft is proving that the SEC is a solid league in college baseball.

Didn't Coach Vitello sign Hjerstead of Arkansas who was drafted second by Baltimore who also got a Mississippi State player in the compensation draft.
Yeah he did sign him at Arkansas. Yeah Keuchel is a stud. If the Sox are in contention I think you might see Crochet coming out of that pen. That’s the talk at least

Reactions: TX2TN and sport3500
Crazy crazy draft.
Kid from upper east tenn was a shocking 2nd round pick, cole Wilcox went way late and D3 player got picked.
Wild

Oh and the braves made a horrible pick

Reactions: ArdentVol
Don't understand how you think Daniels getting drafted is good for us. Long term, maybe. Next couple years, I don't think so.

Don't understand how you think Daniels getting drafted is good for us. Long term, maybe. Next couple years, I don't think so.

He’s not a winning player. In fact he’s only been a winning player at the SEC level for one weekend(round rock). Check his numbers in the summers where he got plenty of ABs.

Put a new guy in there and watch them develop into a much better player and quickly.

He’s not a winning player. In fact he’s only been a winning player at the SEC level for one weekend(round rock). Check his numbers in the summers where he got plenty of ABs.

Put a new guy in there and watch them develop into a much better player and quickly.
A little harsh, imo and obviously the Astros disagree. Just took a little longer for Zach to develop, looked like the light came on for him, this year.

Reactions: td23
A little harsh, imo and obviously the Astros disagree. Just took a little longer for Zach to develop, looked like the light came on for him, this year.

Not enough ABs to know if the light came on for him.
We will see what he does in milb but I bet he never sniffs the big leagues

as far the Astros goes we don’t know exactly what his pick actually means. He might be a money saver and the organization wanted a high risk/high reward guy with that pick. The baseball draft is very different than any other sport in that a selection can mean a lot of different things.

Not enough ABs to know if the light came on for him.
We will see what he does in milb but I bet he never sniffs the big leagues
Damn, I just haven't seen enough of him to take that bet, but I bet some one on here, has and will take it

VN Store

Back