'22 VA RB Tevin White

Tevin White has heard plenty from Tennessee since getting a scholarship offer from the Vols more than two months ago. He’s now hoping it won’t be long before he gets a chance to visit them for the first time. The four-star Class of 2022 running back from North Stafford (Va.) High School said he again spoke with first-year Tennessee tight ends coach Joe Osovet on Monday, and the Vols are “trying to get me down there as fast as possible” to visit them after the ongoing dead period.

He said he has heard good things about the Vols, and “especially their facilities, so I hope to take a visit down there ASAP.” “They say I’m really high on their recruiting list, and they love my film but still haven’t seen me in person, so they are trying to get me down there as fast as possible for a visit, especially to further our relationship and (so I can) see more of Tennessee,” said White, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 115 overall prospect and No. 16 running back in the 2022 class.

White said he likes that Tennessee has been recruiting him hard since extending an offer to him in late March. “I don’t know that much about them yet because I haven’t been down there yet, but what I like about them so far is that they keep in touch even during this (dead period),” said White, who holds offers from more than a dozen schools. “Most of the colleges that offered me aren’t doing the same except for UGA, (Penn State), Michigan State, Duke and UVa.

“It shows me that they have deep interest.”
Osovet and Tennessee running backs coach Jay Graham have been staying in contact with him over the past couple months, with Osovet having served as his primary recruiter to this point. “I actually just talked to Coach O (on Monday) just to check in and see how each other are doing, but I check in with them about every two weeks,” White said. “I mostly talk to Coach O and Coach Graham. I talk to Coach O more.”

The Vols are one of more than a half-dozen teams talking with White on a regular basis, he said, along with Georgia, Penn State, Michigan State, Duke, Virginia and Virginia Tech. “I haven’t taken a visit down to (Virginia Tech), either,” he said. “After the dead period, I would also try to visit VT.”

He said he has visited Penn State, Georgia, Virginia, Duke, Maryland and West Virginia so far. It’s still relatively early in the recruiting process for White, but he said he has an idea of what he’s hoping to find in a school. He said the “most important factors to me as of right now” are having “my major I want to study,” along with “game-day atmosphere, coaching style and campus lifestyle.”

White said he’s currently hoping to “do something (or) major in mathematics because I love math.” For now, he’s in no hurry to decide on a college. “I’m not 100-percent sure when I’m going to commit, but I want to have a school decided before my senior football season, for sure,” White said.

Made his top 6 today. But all everyone’s gonna complain about is the athlete that committed today. White is a near 5*

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back