The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Got a question for any dealers on here. We have thought about getting a little bigger vehicle sometime soon, maybe a Rav 4 or CRV. My wife bought a new 2018 Honda Civic in May 2018. She was hit in Feb. 2019 in an accident that was not her fault and it was fixed.

I’m not sure how much she owes, believe she pays $374 per month. We know we would be upside down, so what would be our options, if any?

Also, we live in Morristown if any of you are close.

Got a question for any dealers on here. We have thought about getting a little bigger vehicle sometime soon, maybe a Rav 4 or CRV. My wife bought a new 2018 Honda Civic in May 2018. She was hit in Feb. 2019 in an accident that was not her fault and it was fixed.

I’m not sure how much she owes, believe she pays $374 per month. We know we would be upside down, so what would be our options, if any?

You may not be as upside down as you think. In many parts of the country used car values are through the roof right now. Used Hondas are especially desired. Shop it and see what you can get for it.

New,as it's hard to carry negative equity in a used vehicle*.

*depending on how much and credit score

Tennessee is a diminished value state. If the other driver was at fault you can file a diminished value claim. There is a rep at west Chevy name Abercrombie that writes DV claims.

Tennessee is a diminished value state. If the other driver was at fault you can file a diminished value claim. There is a rep at west Chevy name Abercrombie that writes DV claims.

Thanks! Did not know this! So, do we just ask at the dealer?

Last edited:
Chattanooga but we deliver any where.

Nice. I'm in the Knoxville area. Wife and I both need cars, but we have to wait on a couple other things to happen before we can do that. Most likely the end of the year before we can buy. But, I already know that I want a mustang as my next car. We shall see if that happens, but I'm pretty set on it happening. Set on the GT and really like the performance package option. I really like how slick it looks in white, but not opposed to the metallic grey, either (but I have a black car now so I'm kinda looking to get away from the dark car color). Got any pointers/advice? I figure best time to buy is when they start bring out the next years model.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Nice. I'm in the Knoxville area. Wife and I both need cars, but we have to wait on a couple other things to happen before we can do that. Most likely the end of the year before we can buy. But, I already know that I want a mustang as my next car. We shall see if that happens, but I'm pretty set on it happening. Set on the GT and really like the performance package option. I really like how slick it looks in white, but not opposed to the metallic grey, either (but I have a black car now so I'm kinda looking to get away from the dark car color). Got any pointers/advice? I figure best time to buy is when they start bring out the next years model.
Its so competitive. Go on line and find the car you want at at least two dealers then ask them to give you a price that includes all rebates taxes and fees. If the cars have exactly the same equipment on them the price should be fairly close. Then just pick the dealership that you feel treated you the best.

Reactions: zhangliao04
Its so competitive. Go on line and find the car you want at at least two dealers then ask them to give you a price that includes all rebates taxes and fees. If the cars have exactly the same equipment on them the price should be fairly close. Then just pick the dealership that you feel treated you the best.

Would it matter how far away from me that I look? I assume my preferences in color and added packages would dwindle my chances of finding one.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Would it matter how far away from me that I look? I assume my preferences in color and added packages would dwindle my chances of finding one.
Maybe a little bit. But if you are willing to drive it should be close price wise.All the rebates and incentives are based on the zip code that you live in.

Reactions: zhangliao04

VN Store

Back