Iowa Football Players Put Fans On Notice

I wonder what citizens of Iowa think of the statement.
Iowa is as about as white as a state gets.
white 90.7%
black 4.0%
other 5.3%

Last edited:
Nope. We pillage. Who is we?

America. Soldiers aren't harvesting poppy seeds. Soldiers aren't making oil deals. They're just used strategically to get in a position to do the modern-day imperialist version of pillaging.

Stop trying to put this on the soldiers when it's our leaders.

Reactions: NashVol11
America. Soldiers aren't harvesting poppy seeds. Soldiers aren't making oil deals. They're just used strategically to get in a position to do the modern-day imperialist version of pillaging.

Stop trying to put this on the soldiers when it's our leaders.

His words. Your guy. I get it.

zGHQb4O.gif

Reactions: Pacer92

For some it's not about pride, its simple respect for those who died for the freedom you now possess by being born here. If you were born in China we would not be having this discussion for example. Now, if you want to use that freedom to disrespect those individuals then it's your natural born right to do so, just don't give me any ultimatums on support and don't tell me thats not what its about. I do appreciate them giving advance notice and I hope UT players will do the same should they decide to use this form of protest.

Thanks for clarifying.

I think ideas are much more sacred than skin color, if nothing else the demographics of the protesters proves that point.

Likewise, a law enforcement officer without the proper training can do damage regardless of his/her race. The looters were of different ethnic backgrounds as well.

Culture evolves and changes over time, it’s not sacred in my opinion, and culture is not always about race.

I’m all for change but please explain to me how retraining someone is gonna change how they feel towards someone? If they want to use excessive force they’ll use it.

Reactions: onevol74
I’m all for change but please explain to me how retraining someone is gonna change how they feel towards someone? If they want to use excessive force they’ll use it.

Retraining won’t necessarily change how they feel towards someone.

However it will reinforce the right way to do the job. The really bad ones will continue to do bad things and hopefully they’re held accountable in those instances.

Reactions: Credo
Retraining won’t necessarily change how they feel towards someone.

However it will reinforce the right way to do the job. The really bad ones will continue to do bad things and hopefully they’re held accountable in those instances.

But no guarantee they’ll treat anyone different or do things the right way. There has to be a better way or its all for not.

Looks like you are trying to bait him for the answer you want. Why don’t you try this on the Gator board instead of here?

Why don’t you use the ignore feature and keep it moving?

The overwhelming majority of discussion in this thread has been cordial and respectful.

Then there’s you...congratulations.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohhbother
But no guarantee they’ll treat anyone different or do things the right way. There has to be a better way or its all for not.

There’s no guarantee, I agree.

The culture of cops covering for each other or outright lying in their reports of incidents is troubling.

Granted, their job is not easy, and at times they encounter the very worst of humanity...and they’re human too.

That said, teaching cops not to kneel on a suspect’s neck for almost nine minutes is a good enough start for me.

The problem is not as trivial as you state. Especially when cops are ambushed because of hate. Life vs death exists as a problem to not only black innocent males but also to those sworn to protect and serve. You have to admit the hate on both sides of the equation to really understand the problem. Neither is more or less than the other and neither is justified, as some people are trying to make this a us vs them issue. No one condones what happened to George Floyd but if we are truly objective we would see all issues of violence equally. Very few news organizations talk about the senseless murder of the retired policeman murdered protecting a friend’s Pawn Shop. His murder is not convenient conversation for most media. How can you expect equality if you are not willing to give equality?

The problem is not as trivial as you state. Especially when cops are ambushed because of hate. Life vs death exists as a problem to not only black innocent males but also to those sworn to protect and serve. You have to admit the hate on both sides of the equation to really understand the problem. Neither is more or less than the other and neither is justified, as some people are trying to make this a us vs them issue. No one condones what happened to George Floyd but if we are truly objective we would see all issues of violence equally. Very few news organizations talk about the senseless murder of the retired policeman murdered protecting a friend’s Pawn Shop. His murder is not convenient conversation for most media. How can you expect equality if you are not willing to give equality?

Who should we hold to a higher standard, a cop sworn to protect and serve, or a bad guy looking to harm a cop?

We have cops because there are bad guys.

It’s news when bad cops do bad things.

Sadly it’s not as newsworthy when a bad guy harms a good cop.

It’s international news when a bad cop kneels on a guy’s neck for damn near nine minutes and kills him in broad daylight for everyone to see, over allegedly passing a bad $20 bill.

So while I understand your comparison, I disagree they should be on equal footing in terms of media coverage.

Who should we hold to a higher standard, a cop sworn to protect and serve, or a bad guy looking to harm a cop?

We have cops because there are bad guys.

It’s news when bad cops do bad things.

Sadly it’s not as newsworthy when a bad guy harms a good cop.

It’s international news when a bad cop kneels on a guy’s neck for damn near nine minutes and kills him in broad daylight for everyone to see, over allegedly passing a bad $20 bill.

So while I understand your comparison, I disagree they should be on equal footing in terms of media coverage.

The media wants civil unrest. Did you notice the increase in the number of commercials last week? I know the cost per minute skyrocketed. You think they would print anything that would limit this? The media has become a huge problem, freedom of the press run amuck!

VN Store

Back