'21 FL ILB Terrence Lewis (UCF commit)

giphy.gif

I guess not, I don't follow everything these kids post. I know at one point he was committed, de-commited, then has made a few jabs at Florida while actively trying to get kids to come here. Do I think it's crappy to commit to a school then post about other schools being your dream school? Yea, but I also would give both my legs to be able to play in Neyland stadium for one Saturday in my lifetime so I'm probably biased. I follow recruiting closely, I know every year there is drama with kids, most of the time of where there's smoke there's fire. Maybe I should have used Bailey from last years class as my example. He committed, was all Tennessee and tried to sway kids our way. Dont remember any drama around his commitment, maybe he would have been a better example.
When the Haynes King heat was at it’s burning point, it was rumored that he was considering visits. Source was UGA people so FWIW thing.

I guess not, I don't follow everything these kids post. I know at one point he was committed (to Florida), de-commited, then has made a few jabs at Florida while actively trying to get kids to come here. Do I think it's crappy to commit to a school then post about other schools being your dream school? Yea, but I also would give both my legs to be able to play in Neyland stadium for one Saturday in my lifetime so I'm probably biased. I follow recruiting closely, I know every year there is drama with kids, most of the time of where there's smoke there's fire. Maybe I should have used Bailey from last years class as my example. He committed, was all Tennessee and tried to sway kids our way. Dont remember any drama around his commitment, maybe he would have been a better example.
Lewis is not Bailey, and Bailey is not Lewis. Some kids don't like the drama/attention...many of them absolutely love it.

And, Lewis has tweeted many times at recruits and prospects...Wilcoxson is just a different animal.

I get he was probably trolling and trying to stir the pot but he made the statement in a earlier tweet about his bio and how it didn't mean anything. Let it go after that, the whole dream school thing was just asking for more drama and questions. If he was tired of people asking about his bio and questioning his commitment why stir it up more? Just my opinion, I would love to have him in orange thats all I'm going to say.

I guess not, I don't follow everything these kids post. I know at one point he was committed (to Florida), de-commited, then has made a few jabs at Florida while actively trying to get kids to come here. Do I think it's crappy to commit to a school then post about other schools being your dream school? Yea, but I also would give both my legs to be able to play in Neyland stadium for one Saturday in my lifetime so I'm probably biased. I follow recruiting closely, I know every year there is drama with kids, most of the time of where there's smoke there's fire. Maybe I should have used Bailey from last years class as my example. He committed, was all Tennessee and tried to sway kids our way. Dont remember any drama around his commitment, maybe he would have been a better example.

He committed to FL
De-committed from FL
Re-committed to FL
Re-de-comitted from FL
Committed to UT

That being said, he seems solid to UT. And he is a mad shat talker on Twitter which I appreciate and he’s my fav Vol without even having stepped on the field. He’s got that ‘tude we need. But again, even he answered Terrence Lewis’ tweet with “Florida”.

It’s just kids being kids, mane.

He committed to FL
De-committed from FL
Re-committed to FL
Re-de-comitted from FL
Committed to UT

That being said, he seems solid to UT. And he is a mad shat talker on Twitter which I appreciate and he’s my fav Vol without even having stepped on the field. He’s got that ‘tude we need. But again, even he answered Terrence Lewis’ tweet with “Florida”.

It’s just kids being kids, mane.
1590624248841.gif

I mean majority of kids TN has had had a different dream school. It doesn’t affect if the sign or play there or how they play. Heck we were Trevors dream school but it wasn’t the right time or coach. Just like for Terrance he maybe grew up liking Oregon but is like I’m not going that far from home. Remember him growing up was with all the Oregon uniforms and chip jelly era.

Just like Kamar said a Florida was his dream school but that was when it was Urban then Muschamp. Not Dan Mullen and offensive guy. These kids are being smarter in business decisions not emotional ones

Drama. He wants to take visits like all recruits do.

I say let him. Once he comes back to Knoxville, he’ll realize there’s no better place anyways
Agreed on every word of this statement. Knoxville is amazing and campus is just icing on the cake.

Drama. He wants to take visits like all recruits do.

I say let him. Once he comes back to Knoxville, he’ll realize there’s no better place anyways
Also just Rivals speculating and trying to generate clicks and get ad revenue given that they have no real product at the moment. Same as the sites updating the rankings with no new film/camps/etc. It’s mostly them desperate to maintain relevancy.

History tells us lots of high profile South Fla kids flip several times before the ink is dry. COVID likely helps us in the grand scheme of things but this one is far from over.

Context. Here's Rob Cassidy and Chad Simmons 'hot' take.

Lewis has not been shy about his plans to take all of his official visits once the coronavirus pandemic crisis allows, so there may be some tense moments ahead for Tennessee. The four-star linebacker is by no means a lock to change his mind. It is, however, certain that a handful of programs will press hard down the stretch. Florida and Texas A&M figure to stay involved to some extent, and it’s safe to count on a new program or two emerging this fall. Keep in mind Lewis has only spent a few hours on Tennessee’s campus, so his official visit to Knoxville will have to solidify some things.

A lot of these kids who committed while everything has been shut down are going to want to take visits when things start to open back up. It’s inevitable. Might as well get used to it. It may be a bumpy ride, but I think we’ll like what we end up with when the dust settles.

VN Store

Back