The 2020 Tennessee Lady Vols

Being in school for 6 years doesn't necessarily say it's an academic problem. It is highly likely that she's losing a ton of credits every time she transfers. Transfers have to typically complete x credits at their new school, which usually averages to ~2 years in addition to the credits that they carry over. If a lot of their credits don't transfer over, it takes longer.

You clearly don’t understand how that works lol.

You clearly don’t understand how that works lol.
You're more than welcome to impart me with your infinite wisdom 🙄.

In the case of Gaulden, I didn't realize that she played at Arkansas for two years, not one. In any event, it seems she's leaving Ark w out a diploma if she's not listed as a grad transfer. Doesn't mean she failed classes, it could equally be that she lost some credits along the way. Not enough information to say she has academic issues because she didn't finish in 4 years between FSU and Ark. I transferred after my freshman year, but lost 12 credits so I had to take summer classes to graduate in 4, and my GPA was just fine 👌

Folks, a simple answer to all of this questioning about whether Gaulden is a grad transfer can be found in the NCAA five to play four rule. Based on everything I have read, so far, Ms. Gaulden has played three years and redshirted one. If she had to sit out upon transferring from Arkansas, she would exhaust her eligibility, absent a waiver from the NCAA. What school would take a player and fund a year of school hoping that she would get a waiver from the NCAA that would allow her to play one year? If she's not a grad transfer, then entering the portal would seem to be an exercise in futility!

Jim

Makes sense to me. Why someone would transfer on their last year of eligibility on the hope of getting a waiver doesn’t make sense to me unless it was a brutal situation. Which doesn’t seem to be the case because we haven’t heard anything negative about her leaving.

Reactions: Amb3096
She had one bad stat (turnovers) and most of these posters define her by it....can't win that argument Mem...sigh

View attachment 285678

They don't see the 24 upright T's, they see the one upside down T
Come on Jumper. It’s ok to tell the truth.

39.4% from the field is a bad stat.
30% on threes is a bad stat.

She needs a big jump in these stats this year.

It‘s just a fact.

Come on Jumper. It’s ok to tell the truth.

39.4% from the field is a bad stat.
30% on threes is a bad stat.

She needs a big jump in these stats this year.

It‘s just a fact.

She was #2 in field goal attempts shooting 39%, with the whole team team shooting a whopping 5 percentage pts higher at 44%

She was #2 in attempted 3's at 30% with the whole team shooting a whopping 1.7% higher.

Yes she can improve on these stats and I am sure she will, but give the girl a break it was her FRESHMAN season,,,good God! Bball grow a sense of perspective,,,,you're getting to be in the Garthonian empire...give her a break

She was #2 in field goal attempts shooting 39%, with the whole team team shooting a whopping 5 percentage pts higher at 44%

She was #2 in attempted 3's at 30% with the whole team shooting a whopping 1.7% higher.

Yes she can improve on these stats and I am sure she will, but give the girl a break it was her FRESHMAN season,,,good God! Bball grow a sense of perspective,,,,you're getting to be in the Garthonian empire...give her a break
It’s just the truth. Her shooting percentages were bad.

No reason for you to ignore it.

I would say that YOU need to give her a break by being honest about her stats.

I totally understand she was a freshman. I’m not trashing her, just fact checking you.

It’s just the truth. Her shooting percentages were bad.

No reason for you to ignore it.

I would say that YOU need to give her a break by being honest about her stats.

I totally understand she was a freshman. I’m not trashing her, just fact checking you.

A like form Amb,,,imagine that

Thanks, OP, good analysis. IMO, we are almost entirely dependent on some major improvement this offseason in order to be more than a tweener team. Horston, Burrell, and Key have to be better and more consistent and the recruits have to equal out to one servicable starter and 2 or 3 reliable subs. The most important thing I hope to see from KJH this season is the ability to develop players, the thing the last coach could never manage. Going to be a real challenge for her and will be fun if she can pull it off. Not so fun if she can't.

No, we wouldn’t be having this conversation without this post.

I‘m done. Freak doesn’t appreciate these “conversations”.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Here is what I would like to see out of the starters in 2020.

Davis 18 ppg 45 pct FG 80 FT 35 3 PT 8 RPG
Burrell 14 ppg 45 pct FG 75 FT 35 3 PT 7 RPG
Key 12 ppg 54 pct FG 70 FT 9 RPG
Green 10 ppg 53 FG 70 FT 7 RPG
Horston 12 ppg 45 FG 75 FT 33 3 Pt 5 RPG

The difference in a team shooting 47 percent from the field above the 44 percent we shot last season is 5 ppg more. The difference in a team shoot 73 percent from the line instead of 65 is 2 ppg. With the type of improvement noted instead of 70 ppg team could go 77 ppg which is a huge difference considering we lost three games by less than 7. The improvement I am hoping for is not that dramatic for any of the players in the starting five except maybe Green who is an unknown playing against out schedule.

Seems obvious that the starters are going to have to carry most of the load in scoring and rebounding. Last season these five players Davis 47 percent, Burrell 41, Key 56, Green 53 at Liberty, and Horston 39. We only need Burrell and Horston to up their field goal percentages. The three point would be where we need some real improvement Davis 30 shocking for her wasn't the same after the illness last season especially from the three look for her to rebound here, Burrell 33 which is very good hopefully she can do a little better, Horston 30 which may be about where she will stay hoping she can up it a little, overall team 32 percent needs to get up to 35.

Free Throws is where we really need players to step up.

Davis 80 is fantastic
Burrell 60 is hard to understand expecting her to improve dramatically here
Key 54 really makes her a liability in a close game may see us go small late in games with a lead if she isn't better at the line
Green around 60 which also hurts as getting fouled inside won't bring rewards unless Green and Key can do better at the line
Horston 59 she is the player that must be a lot better. Ball in her hands will be the player fouled a lot with the lead she has to shoot a higher percentage.

KK 58, McCoy 55, Saunders in limited attempts 43. So our inside game is where we were really terrible at the line need huge improvement by all the inside players.

Incoming players

Darby 82 percent
Salary 75
Suarez 75
Looks like these three freshmen can cash in if they get to the line. Davis went for 18 a game no reason to think she will go below last season. Burrell 10.5 easily gets to 14 with better shooting percentage and better free throw shooting. Key 7.3 ppg looking for her to go way up with more touches, stronger physically, and better understanding of how to play inside. Green did better than 10 a game at Liberty but different competition at Tennessee. Horston 10.1 like Burrell needs to get her percentages up.

VN Store

Back