Will Neyland be at 50% Capacity like Texas, or higher?

Curious, say they do limit it to 50%. How will that work? Doesn’t seem like it makes sense to have normal seating in the lower bowl and top empty. So will the top 50% of donors get tickets and the rest will not? And will those who are just within the 50% be relegated to the corners of the upper deck?

Curious, say they do limit it to 50%. How will that work? Doesn’t seem like it makes sense to have normal seating in the lower bowl and top empty. So will the top 50% of donors get tickets and the rest will not? And will those who are just within the 50% be relegated to the corners of the upper deck?

100% of the stadium will be used with fans just keeping distance between one another. If each person gets about 2 feet of space today, and we need 6 feet for COVID, that means approximately 33% of capacity can be filled. Take into account families and related individuals who do not need to socially distance, and you can get 50%.

I also wonder if tailgating will be banned.

I also wonder if tailgating will be banned.
No chance, restaurants and bars allow outdoor seating, and some allow indoor at 50-75% capacity now. No way they enforce that. Speaking of tailgating I will be having one for anyone who wants to join opening game in g10 or g10T. More details to come later.

100% of the stadium will be used with fans just keeping distance between one another. If each person gets about 2 feet of space today, and we need 6 feet for COVID, that means approximately 33% of capacity can be filled. Take into account families and related individuals who do not need to socially distance, and you can get 50%.
So they’ll have to redo ticket selection. Say your donation amount previously put you lower level and now it might be upper level. Assuming some will choose not to do that, then those seats open up and they go through a new round of assignments. Seems like a lot of work to do.

This whole concept is stupid. Do we really want a season where the stands are 50% filled? That would totally suck. And what happens when ONE SINGLE player tests positive? Every single kid on both teams would need to be quarantined for 14 days. For those in denial, this virus spreads quickly and easily. A contact sport like football, and it's all over everyone.

Cancel the season. Yes I know I suck for saying it, but it will likely need to be done. Pros can sequester themselves in a couple cities and remain in quarantine, while kids gotta go to class, so we should/could/might have the NFL.

After a week of 10,000, 50,000, 100,000 or more people at a time attending protests and public memorials in many cities throughout the country, is social distancing even still a serious thing? Seems the new advice is wear a mask and you should be fine especially if you are outdoors.

This whole concept is stupid. Do we really want a season where the stands are 50% filled? That would totally suck. And what happens when ONE SINGLE player tests positive? Every single kid on both teams would need to be quarantined for 14 days. For those in denial, this virus spreads quickly and easily. A contact sport like football, and it's all over everyone.

Cancel the season. Yes I know I suck for saying it, but it will likely need to be done. Pros can sequester themselves in a couple cities and remain in quarantine, while kids gotta go to class, so we should/could/might have the NFL.
my god, you are the biggest doom and gloom person on this board. Why dont we all just kill ourselves so we dont run the chance of getting sick

How about those nice sky boxes. They going to limit the number of hi rollers. No wet bars etc... I got see this.

Reactions: dduncan4163
How can anyone say that 50%capacity,tickets would be allotted by the amount of your donation?Bull..it!People who don't have a lot have as much or more right to attend as would a "well-heeled"fan.If that be the case, then students would not have a prayer to attend!If you have two or four seats together,that should be one group.The only way to come out even remotely even,would have season ticket holders to be allowed every other home game to attend.It would suck to come to the Troy game,but not Florida,but,how other could one be semi-equitable?No winners here.

How can anyone say that 50%capacity,tickets would be allotted by the amount of your donation?Bull..it!People who don't have a lot have as much or more right to attend as would a "well-heeled"fan.If that be the case, then students would not have a prayer to attend!If you have two or four seats together,that should be one group.The only way to come out even remotely even,would have season ticket holders to be allowed every other home game to attend.It would suck to come to the Troy game,but not Florida,but,how other could one be semi-equitable?No winners here.
That’s exactly how it goes. The more $ you give the higher priority you are.

Average attendance last 2 seasons was 75k. Even if all restrictions are lifted, there will be those who choose not to attend (what a wacky idea, people making their own choices) so I think its possible a wide-open, no holds barred stadium policy would still have attendance in the 60 to 70k range. If you have to wear a mask, drop that even more for the the September games.

Average attendance last 2 seasons was 75k. Even if all restrictions are lifted, there will be those who choose not to attend (what a wacky idea, people making their own choices) so I think its possible a wide-open, no holds barred stadium policy would still have attendance in the 60 to 70k range. If you have to wear a mask, drop that even more for the the September games.
AVG was way over 75k

Or, conversely, we can and will just “play on” when someone comes down with COVID-19 since the virus presents incredibly little danger to student-athletes across the country.

Fish: Catching football fever. Literally

I recognize that COVID-19 is “worse” than the flu, but there’s simply no reason to grind everything to a halt as a result of a positive case just as illness spread during the other 150 seasons of this sport’s history haven’t forced complete stoppages.

VN Store

Back