'21 TN TE Hudson Wolfe (Ole Miss commit)

Oklahoma game...hand the stinking ball off. Let the big uglies and RB's take charge of the game on offense. Keep OU's offense off the field. Surely he can manage that...?

Defense has to hold against OU's offense. Dl has to get to the QB, and the DB' s HAVE to be able to contain their WR's.
Gray and Chandler should be able to do plenty of damage against that defense if our offensive line is what we hope it will be. We do not want that offensive on the field too many times. Control the clock and give Cimaglia a chance at the end.

Hard to say if we have a QB that could take over that game in week 2.

Although, I can't imagine this Oklahoma defense being all that much better than South Carolinas last year, Kentucky's or Missouri's. If JG is to start this game I could see where he could hit enough open guys against an average defense, assuming the running game is as good as we hope, to have a chance to win in the end.

Considering that, I think we underestimate how much an effective running game could really help our QB's. It takes a lot of pressure off of a QB if he knows that the defense has a hard time stopping the likes of Gray and Chandler. JG could actually thrive if our running game is good on a weekly basis. Just feel like his game is a little too measured and he misses on a lot of play action opportunities since he's often short on the deep ball.

Saying all that, if we have a really good running game I really don't see that much downside to putting in a strong armed aggressive Maurer and a supremely talented HB. Control the line of scrimmage you control the game.

Yes. I guess I worded that poorly. Both Wolfs (Eli too) were disappointments. I'm hoping that Wolfe is better than "Wolf".

Ethan Wolf was very solid, and considering he was a 3 star prospect that started from day 1, I'd say he overachieved.

Eli Wolf didn't do much for us, but he was a walk-on, so not much was expected out of him.

SIAP...Kurelic
Wolfe is closing in on a decision. He is shooting for mid-June. But from what I am told I would not be surprised if the announcement came before then. I also am continuing to hear it’s going to come down to Ohio State or Tennessee. Ole Miss I am now hearing has passed Alabama for the No. 3 spot, but I look for it to come down to the Buckeyes or Vols unless something changes quickly.

I am not at all convinced Wolfe has made his final decision yet. One source familiar with Wolfe’s recruitment tells me he thinks things are trending slightly Tennessee. But for now at least I am still slightly giving the Buckeyes the edge.
bet he flips his CB to TN

So CB's as best I can tell have the following on our major remaining targets:

Mondon - Georgia
Dawkins - South Carolina
Page - Clemson
Ritzie - UNC
Wolfe - to the Good Guys
Grimes - Georgia/UNC
Mims - Georgia

Is there any real reason besides "I have a feeling" speculation that this is not the way it all ends up? I'll hang up and listen.

Mondon - Georgia
Dawkins - South Carolina
Page - Clemson
Ritzie - UNC
Wolfe - to the Good Guys
Grimes - Georgia/UNC
Mims - Georgia

Is there any real reason besides "I have a feeling" speculation that this is not the way it all ends up? I'll hang up and listen.

Imo... one of Page or Dawkins will be a vol but there rest are accurate

Mondon - Georgia
Dawkins - South Carolina
Page - Clemson
Ritzie - UNC
Wolfe - to the Good Guys
Grimes - Georgia/UNC
Mims - Georgia

Experts always puts in CBs for every top prospect in the state of Georgia cause they always assume they’re staying in-state.

I don’t think Mondon to Georgia is a done deal at all. That’s just always the safe pick.

Reactions: 1974Vol

Mondon - Georgia
Dawkins - South Carolina
Page - Clemson
Ritzie - UNC
Wolfe - to the Good Guys
Grimes - Georgia/UNC
Mims - Georgia

I’m not 100% who we get but crystal balls don’t mean anything until two days or so before a player commits and it leaks out where that player is going.

Mondon - Tennessee/Auburn
Dawkins - Tennessee
Page - Tennessee
Ritzie - UNC
Wolfe - Tennessee
Grimes - UNC
Mims - Georgia

Edited for clarity

I’m not 100% who we get but crystal balls don’t mean anything until two days or so before a player commits and it leaks out where that player is going.

They get a certain number of points the longer the pick stays the same. They really don’t mean much other than another piece to offer for a pay site

Mondon - Georgia
Dawkins - South Carolina
Page - Clemson
Ritzie - UNC
Wolfe - to the Good Guys
Grimes - Georgia/UNC
Mims - Georgia

Well, the best reason to think this isn’t the way it ends up is that we are 6 months from ESD and 8 months from NSD. A lot will change between now and the time anyone signs on the dotted line. Trying to predict what all of these kids will do so far in advance is a fool’s game. It’s exciting but impossible to predict.

More specifically to the guys you have listed here, Dawkins was all set to commit to us a few weeks ago. VQ guys think we’re still in good shape there. I don’t trust the CBs on him. Page was rumored to be a Clemson lean for a long time, but there has been a lot of talk about us closing the gap and some even speculating that we may have taken the lead. Clemson has been getting some really bad press the last few days as he starts to narrow in on a decision. That can’t hurt our chances. I think we’re right in the thick of things there. If you’re really drinking the orange cool aid, rumors of Kirby Smart alienating a lot of folks down in GA could help us with Mondon and Mims, although I still see them as long shots. I would also add Diego Pounds and Terrion Arnold as important targets we have a realistic shot of landing.

Lastly, a lot of new names will pop up before the ink dries in Feb. That is always the case. Some guys who are currently flying under the radar will have big senior seasons and become hot commodities. Guys currently committed will flip to schools no one expects them to end up at right now. Players will reshuffle their lists and different schools will move up down. That’s just part of it.

Last edited:

Mondon - Georgia
Dawkins - South Carolina
Page - Clemson
Ritzie - UNC
Wolfe - to the Good Guys
Grimes - Georgia/UNC
Mims - Georgia

No, recruiting services are never wrong and sky is falling so get a hat.

Mondon - Georgia
Dawkins - South Carolina
Page - Clemson
Ritzie - UNC
Wolfe - to the Good Guys
Grimes - Georgia/UNC
Mims - Georgia

Having watched this recruitment for awhile now, I get the feeling Mondon likely won't be a hard commit wherever he commits in the next few week or two (even if it's us). He'll likely take visits in the fall once schools start opening back up and someone will have a good chance to flip him.

Having watched this recruitment for awhile now, I get the feeling Mondon likely won't be a hard commit wherever he commits in the next few week or two (even if it's us). He'll likely take visits in the fall once schools start opening back up and someone will have a good chance to flip him.
I'm always wary of kids who enjoy their recruitment too much

VN Store

Back