Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
After everything you’ve been through, don’t let the mess of the new normal make you into something you’re not. Up to you. TDLR
Heck..that was 22 years ago...way past that thank God. The trouble I am having is new, or at least to the extent it is bothering me now..I guess it is just anxiety or depression.

I'll be alright with God's help. I've already been to hell and back, I can beat this too...like you said it is up to me...thanks for the reminder.

Here is a rough look at our linebacker production (total tackles) from last year and what is returning. Note that some of this production could include special teams. I think we'll probably be okay. We have 71% of our production from these guys in the Alabama game returning, 83% returning from UAB. Even with a heavy run team like UK last year, I think we'll be fine. We obviously will need some of the incoming freshmen to get up to speed fast, Baron, Joseph, Eason, French, and McDonald. My money right now, a frivolous waste, is on either Baron, Joseph, or Eason, which means French and McDonald will likely turn in All-American performances for the season. Beasley was on the practice squad last year so he certainly could make an impact this year. Additionally, we have a couple wannabe running backs in Banks and Whitehead which have a lot of potential as linebackers. I think we have a lot of opportunity and options in this position group. jmo.

Orange = returning
Pink = gone

View attachment 284899

I’m really interested to see how Kivon performs this year. Dude was so disruptive last year but seemed to be a half count away from making the play. Always in the QBs face. Kind of felt like Corey Vereen. Very active and close to making the play. But I think Kivon is going to be a force this year.

Here is a rough look at our linebacker production (total tackles) from last year and what is returning. Note that some of this production could include special teams. I think we'll probably be okay. We have 71% of our production from these guys in the Alabama game returning, 83% returning from UAB. Even with a heavy run team like UK last year, I think we'll be fine. We obviously will need some of the incoming freshmen to get up to speed fast, Baron, Joseph, Eason, French, and McDonald. My money right now, a frivolous waste, is on either Baron, Joseph, or Eason, which means French and McDonald will likely turn in All-American performances for the season. Beasley was on the practice squad last year so he certainly could make an impact this year. Additionally, we have a couple wannabe running backs in Banks and Whitehead which have a lot of potential as linebackers. I think we have a lot of opportunity and options in this position group. jmo.

Orange = returning
Pink = gone

View attachment 284899
It's crazy Ignont walked away after playing fairly well the first two games. D Taylor play behind the line of scrimmage is what we will miss more than his tackles overall.

Orange = returning
Pink = gone

View attachment 284899

I originally dropped Pruitt’s head on this GIF, but seeing those numbers, I think this is a good GIF for every big play and a “Toot Toot, b!tches!”

0542CB81-12EB-4C4C-8516-7BDC7B19D137.gif

It's crazy Ignont walked away after playing fairly well the first two games. D Taylor play behind the line of scrimmage is what we will miss more than his tackles overall.

Rombot Harrison is fully charged and has downloaded software with instructions to kill QB1.

9357088.jpeg

I’m really interested to see how Kivon performs this year. Dude was so disruptive last year but seemed to be a half count away from making the play. Always in the QBs face. Kind of felt like Corey Vereen. Very active and close to making the play. But I think Kivon is going to be a force this year.
Pretty wild looking at the body transformation he had to go through to find his spot. 6’1 275-80 pound DT as a freshman. 6’2 265 DT as a sophomore (redshirt year). 6’2 245-250 OLB r-soph. So his season last year was his first at the weight he really needs to be at. I think he could really makes strides this off season and add some muscle to his leaner frame. I’m pumped for this dude

Orange = returning
Pink = gone

View attachment 284899
Once again, great stuff, man, u always bring it with facts. But, I'm going to do a little speculation, here. I think Beasley is going to be one hell of a player at UT. I think u may agree, by your above statement. Beasley was a very good RB, in high school, so I think he will be good in coverage and I know he will hit. We may not have another Bituli in the middle, but I think the LBs will perform, more than admirably, this year. Henry T will be all-SEC, maybe All-American. Hoping JJ takes a step up, this year. JJ has all the tools, hopefully Pruitt and company can develop it. Which after I wrote that last sentence, I think it's more on JJ than the coaches. I'm off work, tomorrow and rambling, puff, puff, pass

Heck..that was 22 years ago...way past that thank God. The trouble I am having is new, or at least to the extent it is bothering me now..I guess it is just anxiety or depression.

I'll be alright with God's help. I've already been to hell and back, I can beat this too...like you said it is up to me...thanks for the reminder.
look at you go!
1591325272476.gif

This probably will not change your mind, however, there has been 1 death in the 11-20 year old age bracket in the state of TN since this started. There has been one death in the 21-30 year age bracket. How many deaths from drug overdoses, vehicle accidents, other diseases, and other causes such as gang violence have there been so far this year in those age categories? I can assure you far more.
Your not allowed to have a different opinion.

#1 problem with this country IMO. We cannot agree to disagree anymore.

Completely disagree.
That’s perfectly fine. It’s what makes America great. We don’t have to agree. You do what’s best for you, and I’ll do what’s best for me. Neither of us have to push our opinions on the other, however we are both free to state our opinions. I don’t have to act like your an idiot for seeing things differently and vice versa.

That’s perfectly fine. It’s what makes America great. We don’t have to agree. You do what’s best for you, and I’ll do what’s best for me. Neither of us have to push our opinions on the other, however we are both free to state our opinions. I don’t have to act like your an idiot for seeing things differently and vice versa.
What a novel idea.

He did, but I remember this discussion as a young person that he had a lot of staff turnover from year to year. So, there are a lot out there.
He had a personality that was very hard to get along with in the long term for an assistant. There's also the reputation that for players , it was very easy to get into his doghouse and impossible to get back out.

Reactions: VolGee4
i was being a smart ass

Continuing with the “Heat map” look at SEC in-conference competition, here’s a look at the power rankings year-by-year (since we went to 14 teams) for rushing efficiency as measured by yards per attempt. As before, each year is different so a range is established between the best performing team and the worst performing team. That range is divided in to 5 auto-adjusting brackets as a fraction of the range. Green signifies an elite rushing attack, blue = good, yellow = average, pink = bad, and red = abysmal.

When I was much younger and watching the Johnny Majors show on TV one thing he said, and I don’t know how many times he said it, was that in the early going of a game he wanted to establish the run so he could set up the pass. Clearly running the football is critical to success, particularly so in the SEC. The evolution of the game to feature dual threat QBs is arguably to boost the running game. For an untold number of years conventional wisdom was whichever team in the Florida-Tennessee rivalry rushed for the most yards was almost certainly going to win the game. In 2018 Bob Shoop’s defensive plan for MSU against Alabama was to stop their run. He was going to make Tua beat him. It didn’t work but it came close. Clemson took Shoop’s game plan and blew Alabama off the field in the national title game that year.

There’s a lot that goes into having a successful rushing attack but I think it has to start with the offensive line. The QB has got to get us in the right play, blocking assignments have got to be communicated among the linemen so they’re all on the same page, and the RB has got to find the crease and go. The QB needs to be smart, the linemen need to be mean, and the RB needs to be fearless. I remember during Coach Majors’ tenure on the hill thinking he had the most amazing offensive lines any one could imagine and so I came to the conclusion that almost anyone could play QB on a Johnny Majors football team. It was a piece of cake.

The good news is that Pruitt and company have invested heavily in building an offensive line that I think Coach Majors would likely have been proud of. We had 2 freshmen tackles that got baptized by fire last season but that’s going to pay huge dividends going forward. In fact, in both 2017 and 2018 we had the most abysmal rushing attack in the entire conference, back to back fricking years. That changed in 2019 and should only get better this year and going forward. jmo.

ScreenHunter 398.png

They tested positive for Butch Jones bacteria.

“These five coviduals have the resiliency and the commitment to take ownership of this viral challenge and progress themselves through a positive program of wellness and excellence until they can return to making an outstanding contribution to this football organization.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back