Garrett Crochet To Be Picked By Texas

In the upcoming MLB Draft per the SEC Now show.
That is just a projection. Marlins have interest at 3 but will prob go with Lacy. Crochet’s stock is trending up. Will be an awesome day for Garrett and the program. He was one of the staffs first recruits. Came into the program throwing 84-85 and left throwing 100. Credit to his hard work and to the staff on the development. His success will only help land more elite arms.

Size, arm, attitude on the mound (he competes every pitch and can pitch out of difficult situations, never seemed like the moment was too big for him), upside on his “stuff”...he’s got the potential to be a generational talent. Hopefully whoever drafts him will bring him along responsibly. Texas has decent track record of handling their pitching talent, could be a good fit. Anyone but Houston. I love Dusty but he treats arms like they did when he was playing...tons of innings and high pitch counts...so hopefully it ain’t Houston...obviously Atlanta is great at it and he’d be relatively “home team” for many Vol fans. Regardless, very exciting to see for this young man. I’m sure most Vol fans will agree, he was special from the first pitch he threw for the Vols. Should be fun to watch, hopefully for many years to come.

Size, arm, attitude on the mound (he competes every pitch and can pitch out of difficult situations, never seemed like the moment was too big for him), upside on his “stuff”...he’s got the potential to be a generational talent. Hopefully whoever drafts him will bring him along responsibly. Texas has decent track record of handling their pitching talent, could be a good fit. Anyone but Houston. I love Dusty but he treats arms like they did when he was playing...tons of innings and high pitch counts...so hopefully it ain’t Houston...obviously Atlanta is great at it and he’d be relatively “home team” for many Vol fans. Regardless, very exciting to see for this young man. I’m sure most Vol fans will agree, he was special from the first pitch he threw for the Vols. Should be fun to watch, hopefully for many years to come.

The Rangers rescinded their $880k signing bonus to RA Dickey after taking him in the first round. They don't deserve another Vol.

Don't worry about the Astros getting him, we forfeit our first round pick for that little trash can thingy.

VN Store

Back