The Atlanta Braves Thread

I lost a good friend yesterday. Massive heart attack at 46 years old. Leaves behind a daughter at West Point and a high school son. I’ve know this dude my entire career. We both started in DC together and were in Louisville together for a few years a while back. He was a big Steelers fan, but it would never fail that he would text me when a big Saints game was going down. We texted fairly often and saw each other off and on over the years.

You never know when this time is the last time you’ll talk to someone. He texted me last week to ask a work-related question. I just answered his question and he said “thanks brother” and that was that. Now he’s gone and I wish I had asked how his daughter was doing. How his son was doing. How he was doing.

Don’t wait, guys. Don’t wait to tell all the people important to you that you care. That they need to ease off the bottle some. That they need to get in shape. That they need to pull their head out of their ass. Don’t wait because you won’t know it’s the last time.

Tough day. His family could use your prayers and good vibes.

So sorry to hear that my brother. My condolances

I lost a good friend yesterday. Massive heart attack at 46 years old. Leaves behind a daughter at West Point and a high school son. I’ve know this dude my entire career. We both started in DC together and were in Louisville together for a few years a while back. He was a big Steelers fan, but it would never fail that he would text me when a big Saints game was going down. We texted fairly often and saw each other off and on over the years.

You never know when this time is the last time you’ll talk to someone. He texted me last week to ask a work-related question. I just answered his question and he said “thanks brother” and that was that. Now he’s gone and I wish I had asked how his daughter was doing. How his son was doing. How he was doing.

Don’t wait, guys. Don’t wait to tell all the people important to you that you care. That they need to ease off the bottle some. That they need to get in shape. That they need to pull their head out of their ass. Don’t wait because you won’t know it’s the last time.

You got it buddy, sorry man.

That is definitely the oddest, most random symptom that people have experienced. I saw an 18 y.o. in the ER one night who was already diagnosed with COVID and I asked him what symptoms he had and he had a little bit of a cough from time to time, but lost his sense of taste and smell.

It’s pretty startling when you realize your taste is gone. Prefer that to struggling to breath, tho.

Sorry to hear brother. Praying

VN Store

Back