2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

The players that should be at the top of the list are Key, Puckett, Hall, Miles, and Wiggins. Other than those five I don't see anybody that is really looking at us strongly. That does not mean that one of the other players still on the list won't be a Lady Vol. I think those five are the ones that are the most likely. As far as post go I think Striplin will be the only post in the class. The only other viable player right now seems to be Hollingshead and she looks a long way from making a decision.
Look for a way different mindset of what Holly did in recruiting. Look for Coach Harper to recruit mostly players that are versatile enough to play many positions, shoot from anywhere on the court even if they are the center or four position. I don't expect to see a lot of players in the future that are one dimensional players.
A couple players on the list not to confident of getting Gordon says she wants to play somewhere that it is warm all year around and Raven Johnson appears at this time to be a Louisville lean. Keep focused on Key, Puckett, Hall, Miles, and Wiggins those five seem to be our best options as additions to this class.

Good points but as good as recruiting security is, we really don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Kellie may have a surprise or two up her sleeve. Key, Puckett and a good PG seems to be what the fan base expects we have a good shot at landing.

Good points but as good as recruiting security is, we really don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Kellie may have a surprise or two up her sleeve. Key, Puckett and a good PG seems to be what the fan base expects we have a good shot at landing.
That is true there could certainly be a player we know nothing about or we think is not one of the players looking at us that could end up in the class.

EYZpsf8WkAEOOdf

Amani Bartlett

Updated prospect list as of May 19
Confirmed UT 2021 Prospects
(HoopGurlz, Prospects, BlueStar, ASGR
Guards:
A. Bree Hall, 26-H,56-P,40-BS, 43-AS
B. Miles, 46-H
Mo Wiggins, 50-H,53-P, 26-AS
J. Shavers, 60-H, 67-AS
Bigs:
T. Key, 22-H,16-P,25-BS, 18-AS
A. Bartlett 36-BS
J. Hollingshead, 31-H,34-P,16-BS, 5-AS
S. Puckett, 62-H,21-P, 41-AS

Unconfirmed:
O’Mariah Gordon
Madison Roshelle
Raven Johnson

Last edited:
FYI
THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE WHEN SHE COMMITTED WAY, WAY BACK IN ANOTHER ERA

Amani Bartlett will turn 15 years old on Tuesday, but the birthday present was delivered to Coach Holly Warlick and the Lady Vols.

Bartlett, a 6-3 forward in the Class of 2021 from Texas, took an unofficial visit to Knoxville on Sunday with her parents and committed to the Lady Vols before leaving town.

Her verbal to Warlick surprised the coaching staff – and Bartlett’s parents, Kareem and Amelia Bartlett.

“We were both surprised,” Kareem Bartlett said with a laugh. “We asked her everything. I was proud that she made the decision because she usually looks to me and her mom for most of her decision-making. This is the first time that she made her own big decision. Holly asked her, ‘Do you think you can play on this level? Are you sure you want to do that?’ And it went from there.

"Like I told her, ‘She’s got to play. We don’t have to play.’ That was her decision. ”

When the words came out of Amani Bartlett’s mouth, it sort of surprised her, too.

“At first, I was kind of nervous about it,” she said. “I didn’t think I was going to do it. But then finally I was just like, ‘Why not?’ ”

Amani Bartlett had been thinking about Tennessee before she got to the Volunteer State. Then, she watched how Warlick and the coaches handled the current team and saw how the alumni were celebrated and welcomed back, and her decision was made.

“The way they treat their players and their alumni, they make them feel like family,” said Bartlett, who realizes that going to college means being away from home with the team becoming a second family.

Amani Bartlett and her parents went to the basketball offices after Sunday’s game against Texas ended at Thompson-Boling Arena.

“We talked to Coach Holly, and all of her assistant coaches were there,” she said. “They were like, ‘How do feel about the school?’ ”

That is a standard question on an unofficial visit as coaching staffs get a clearer idea of how much interest a recruit has in their school.

“I told them I wanted to verbally commit,” Bartlett said to a shocked – but happy – Tennessee staff.

“Yes, they were,” said Bartlett, a polite teenager who peppered her answers with yes ma’ams. “I wasn’t going to do it at first but then just being around them, being around the people, I decided to commit to Tennessee.”

Has there been any mutual interest shown in Kayla McPherson (a true impact PG from Georgia; #12 on consensus list and a red-hot scorer)? Didn't see that she has committed anywhere.

She's had games in which she scored 64 and 60 points and has had watch visits from practically everyone including K.M. and G.A.

Last edited:
Has there been any mutual interest shown in Kayla McPherson (a true impact PG from Georgia; #12 on consensus list and a red-hot scorer)? Didn't see that she has committed anywhere.

She's had games in which she scored 64 and 60 points and has had watch visits from practically everyone including K.M. and G.A.
I haven't heard much about her and Tennessee, but she is a dynamic player. I think she is as good as any player in the country she can take over a game if she were to commit to Tennessee I would be overwhelmed with joy.

Coach give us a good report of what is said....Thanks pal.

its called Parental Confidential so it may be more on the family side, but I will def let you know

Parental Confidential

From the mind of @candaceparker comes #ParentalConfidential, a series where Candace and guests share the ups and downs of parenthood.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back