Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I think the ones in the running are Fudd, Feagin, Raven Johnson, Bree Hall and Rivers.

I know this would be bad news for Tennessee, but I'm kind of hoping they get Fudd just so that UConn doesn't...
Interesting. I don't see Rivers and Fudd going to the same team but anything can happen.
On edit:
So you don't think Key is in play for SC ?

Interesting. I don't see Rivers and Fudd going to the same team but anything can happen.
On edit:
So you don't think Key is in play for SC ?
Whoops, forgot about Key. Yeah, could be her too.

Looking at their roster needs, I think SC would be very attractive to Feagin. There could be some unknown players in the mix, like Hollingshead. I could see how SC would look good to her too. They are short on post players by the time '21 rolls around.

Reactions: volnationnj
I think the ones in the running are Fudd, Feagin, Raven Johnson, Bree Hall and Rivers.

I know this would be bad news for Tennessee, but I'm kind of hoping they get Fudd just so that UConn doesn't...

Where did 4 commits come from? I think we all knew their 2021 class would have depth because they got the #1 2019 class and their 2020 class was slim (Although they picked up a very good player). It only makes sense. Not downplaying what their recruiting hall might be it’s just sorta expected.

If you don’t want UConn to get Fudd how about we send her to Stanford or MD LOL.

SC will be stacked no doubt for years to come no doubt. I actually feel pretty good about the two kids we have gotten maybe not higher ranked kids but when you look at them they are quality character kids who don’t mind to work, do the dirty work, and will step on the court day 1 and contribute something. These may be the kids we need to get back to higher ranked recruits because they help us win.

I also think coaches know to make moves now because Vic at Texas will probably be shaking things up really soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan
I'm positive that Rivers is one of them. The others could be Hollingshead, Raven Johnson, Teonni Key, A. Hall, Fudd, or Feagin. Hoping one is not Key but looks like a strong possibility right now.

Where did 4 commits come from? I think we all knew their 2021 class would have depth because they got the #1 2019 class and their 2020 class was slim (Although they picked up a very good player). It only makes sense. Not downplaying what their recruiting hall might be it’s just sorta expected.

If you don’t want UConn to get Fudd how about we send her to Stanford or MD LOL.

SC will be stacked no doubt for years to come no doubt. I actually feel pretty good about the two kids we have gotten maybe not higher ranked kids but when you look at them they are quality character kids who don’t mind to work, do the dirty work, and will step on the court day 1 and contribute something. These may be the kids we need to get back to higher ranked recruits because they help us win.

I don't care if Fudd goes to MD, Stanford, SC or a community college. I just want her off the board and not to UConn. Although SC could be just as much of a problem for the next 3 years if they load up with another monster class...

I agree that the recruits Kelly has picked up so far and the ones that have Tennessee in their final list are good ones. Maybe not with the accolades of a Fudd, but if Kelly can shape them into a competitive team that isn't scraping just to make the NCAAT, then I have no doubt that Tennessee will be back to contending for the top 10 kids on a regular basis.

Considering the fact Bueckers had been at the Fudd residence for the last 2-3 weeks, the timing of a South Car commit from Fudd right now would be odd, to say the least. Then also consider the Bueckers family are moving near the Fudd's after pandemic dies down, Fudd is almost certainly not one of the commits.

Reactions: Voldopia
Considering the fact Bueckers had been at the Fudd residence for the last 2-3 weeks, the timing of a South Car commit from Fudd right now would be odd, to say the least. Then also consider the Bueckers family are moving near the Fudd's after pandemic dies down, Fudd is almost certainly not one of the commits.

Youz better hope.....

Youz better hope.....
Id prefer any of the top recruits go anywhere but UConn even if its South Carolina. Dawn is not in the same ballpark as Gino when it comes to maximizing an elite players potential and player development, in general. Fudd could go to South Car and never win a title, which isnt the case if she goes to uconn. It just wouldnt make an iota of sense for Fudd to be one of the 4 recent commits.

Id prefer any of the top recruits go anywhere but UConn even if its South Carolina. Dawn is not in the same ballpark as Gino when it comes to maximizing an elite players potential and player development, in general. Fudd could go to South Car and never win a title, which isnt the case if she goes to uconn. It just wouldnt make an iota of sense for Fudd to be one of the 4 recent commits.

Well who is? UConn currently has the most players in W and Geno has been at it twice as long as Dawn. But you aren’t going to sit here and say Dawn doesn’t develop her players lol that’s Ludicrous. Like Herbert Harrigan wasn’t rated in the 70’s coming out of high school and was drafted first round or the fact that she’s had 9 first round draft picks in the last five years meanwhile the rest of the SEC barely made it to 5. Oh and one other thing Dawn doesn’t need Fudd how Geno does and that’s facts! Like Fudd teaming up with Cooke, Boston, Beal and Amihere with the other 21’ possibles wouldn’t win a championship??? Is everything ok at home? Do you need someone to take the bottle from your hands?? Honestly I would rather Rivers than Fudd anyway. And regardless of what anyone says Dawn will have a legit top 3 team these next couple seasons with this 21’ class coming into fold and WILL be in the mix for the National championship every year.

Reactions: wecocky
Well who is? UConn currently has the most players in W and Geno has been at it twice as long as Dawn. But you aren’t going to sit here and say Dawn doesn’t develop her players lol that’s Ludicrous. Like Herbert Harrigan wasn’t rated in the 70’s coming out of high school and was drafted first round or the fact that she’s had 9 first round draft picks in the last five years meanwhile the rest of the SEC barely made it to 5. Oh and one other thing Dawn doesn’t need Fudd how Geno does and that’s facts! Like Fudd teaming up with Cooke, Boston, Beal and Amihere with the other 21’ possibles wouldn’t win a championship??? Is everything ok at home? Do you need someone to take the bottle from your hands?? Honestly I would rather Rivers than Fudd anyway. And regardless of what anyone says Dawn will have a legit top 3 team these next couple seasons with this 21’ class coming into fold and WILL be in the mix for the National championship every year.
I can’t argue with anything you just posted.

Well, except one thing. I have no dog in this hunt being a Rutgers fan, but 99% of anyone who follows recruiting seriously would be laughing at your call of Rivers over Fudd.

Time will tell. If your right you can laugh at me later....lol.

Reactions: wecocky and SCspur
Wrong...Geno has gotten higher recruits overall by a long shot....but as I pointed out earlier that....I was unaware that we (South Carolina) had 7 first round draft picks in the last 5 years...while the entire rest of the SEC ladies had only 5...total....That is some eye opening stats to take to recruits..... Geno with 9....had many higher recruits across the board ! We have also won a national championship since UCONN's last one.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCspur
I can’t argue with anything you just posted.

Well, except one thing. I have no dog in this hunt being a Rutgers fan, but 99% of anyone who follows recruiting seriously would be laughing at your call of Rivers over Fudd.

Time will tell. If your right you can laugh at me later....lol.

Well that’s honestly why I said I would personally take Rivers over her... I’ve seen them both grow throughout the years and Fudd is outstanding but Rivers two-way game is too tough to pass up! KD-like offensively but Kawahi-like defensively. Perfect for Dawn!

Well that’s honestly why I said I would personally take Rivers over her... I’ve seen them both grow throughout the years and Fudd is outstanding but Rivers two-way game is too tough to pass up! KD-like offensively but Kawahi-like defensively. Perfect for Dawn!
Rivers is really really really good.
Fudd is really really really really good.

I hope to be watching them go at it for four years.

Reactions: SCspur

VN Store

Back