Has Cade Mays Been Cleared by NCAA?

You're correct... The accepted Volnation posting style for this should be as follows:

Title: CAED MAYES CLAERED BY NCAA

Body: Has he been yet?

Ya'll are wrong

Title: Cade Mays

Body: Has he been cleared yet

500+ VN posts: Why the F$@k did you start a thread with just his name. You can't f-(k!*g do that

NCAA is making the ruling on one time transfers in May. If they pass that then this summer could get REAL interesting.

Unfortunately Wednesday after the NCAA decided players could return and practice on June 1st they also decided to table the one-time transfer waiver until the 2021-22 academic year. While I still personally think Cade gets cleared to play it is no longer a guarantee. I really thought that would pass this year.

But the school a player is transferring from still has to release the player. UGA can still screw it up if the NCAA rules change
This is not true, players have always been able to transfer when and wherever they want, the only question is whether or not they get released to play without sitting out a year, Georgia coaches have zero say in what the NCAA decides to do with a Ga transfer.

I haven't seen anywhere one way or another about this. Are we still waiting?
The way this year is going it would not surprise me any if the NCAA decided to not approve any transfer request this year. I think it's a bad sign he wasn't declared eligible before the virus shut everything down. I don't think the NCAA is going to have the manpower to review all of the transfer requests between now and the start of the season.

Last edited:
This is not true, players have always been able to transfer when and wherever they want, the only question is whether or not they get released to play without sitting out a year, Georgia coaches have zero say in what the NCAA decides to do with a Ga transfer.

The proposal being considered in NCAA circles would allow first-time transfer athletes to compete immediately as long as they receive a transfer release from their previous school, leave their previous school academically eligible, maintain their academic progress at their new school and leave under no disciplinary suspension

Major change to NCAA transfer rules expected to be voted on in May

Reactions: Gandalf
The proposal being considered in NCAA circles would allow first-time transfer athletes to compete immediately as long as they receive a transfer release from their previous school, leave their previous school academically eligible, maintain their academic progress at their new school and leave under no disciplinary suspension

Major change to NCAA transfer rules expected to be voted on in May
Yes, that's an entirely different new rule that would change how transfers work, a rule change they are not going to vote on until next season. As the rule is now, and has been for years the coach of the team you transfer from has no say whatsoever. And the new rule isn't going to change that either as a coach can't keep a kid at a school if he doesn't want to be there and that coach is going to sign the transfer as he's not going to keep a kid on roster that doesn't want to be there. Transfer papers have been being signed off by coaches for years.

Yes, that's an entirely different new rule that would change how transfers work, a rule change they are not going to vote on until next season. As the rule is now, and has been for years the coach of the team you transfer from has no say whatsoever. And the new rule isn't going to change that either as a coach can't keep a kid at a school if he doesn't want to be there and that coach is going to sign the transfer as he's not going to keep a kid on roster that doesn't want to be there. Transfer papers have been being signed off by coaches for years.
Current NCAA transfer rules directly from the NCAA website:

Transfer terms

One-time transfer exception: If you transfer from a four-year school, you may be immediately eligible to compete at your new school if you meet ALL the following conditions:

• You are transferring to a Division II or III school, or you are transferring to a Division I school in any sport other than baseball, men's or women's basketball, football (Football Bowl Subdivision) or men’s ice hockey. If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.
  • You are academically and athletically eligible at your previous four-year school.
  • You receive a transfer-release agreement from your previous four-year school.

VN Store

Back