Sideline to sideline: Tennessee's 2020 linebackers

Good article! But dang, I keep scrolling, hungry for more, and there is none. These internet articles are like gulping a single potato chip and then closing the rest of the bag!
It seems to be the "times". Young people now a days don't want much explaining, just the headline and then move on. It shows on this site. A "one line" response to a thread or post seems to get more "likes" than a well though out response does.

Is this JJ Peterson's make or break year? I expected to see him play more/better last year and it never seemed to materialize.

Reactions: Remy
Good article! But dang, I keep scrolling, hungry for more, and there is none. These internet articles are like gulping a single potato chip and then closing the rest of the bag!

That's cause the OP is writing them, and posting them here just to get clicks.

I read the first couple years ago, learned my lesson, and no longer click on the poorly written "click bait".

It seems to be the "times". Young people now a days don't want much explaining, just the headline and then move on. It shows on this site. A "one line" response to a thread or post seems to get more "likes" than a well though out response does.

I loved Pruitt's quotes about Shelton and was hoping for more about the LBs and more quotes. I guess newspapers spoiled us!

Reactions: savannahfan
Is this JJ Peterson's make or break year? I expected to see him play more/better last year and it never seemed to materialize.

He got better in spot duty toward the end of last year. I don't remember him getting burned where it was obvious JJP just looked awful on that play.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I hear a lot of talks about jjp breakout year and he has to do this, that, or the other which is warranted. But ill say this if he doesn't get the ball rolling (which im hoping he does) im not the least bit worried because im willing to bet Roman Harrison will be there to pick up the pieces, as he showed us a glimpse of what he can do toward the end when got comfortable. High motor kid with speed, and build to match, mark these words.

No mention in the article at all about the four new 4* LBs we have coming in this year. Heck, I bet the 3 from Memphis would all be starters at Vandy and most ACC schools on day1...lol...we have a boatload of new DEPTH at LB. That will pay dividends bigtime, especially late in games and late in the season when guys are beat up.

Toot will be the leader though. He is a beast...also think Crouch will become a beast at OLB....which isbwhere coach wants him to play. He played mostly inside last year out of necessity ....

I could watch Toot on that 3rd and goal play last year during the Kentucky game on a loop forever.

You talking about that same CJ getting paid by the Saints?

Oh.. I'm not saying he wasn't a good player. I was one of those that always thought he was decent. I'm mainly referring to the epic arguements that broke out after every game.

Now we have options at linebacker. We won't be playing walk ons and have some quality depth.

No mention in the article at all about the four new 4* LBs we have coming in this year. Heck, I bet the 3 from Memphis would all be starters at Vandy and most ACC schools on day1...lol...we have a boatload of new DEPTH at LB. That will pay dividends bigtime, especially late in games and late in the season when guys are beat up.

Toot will be the leader though. He is a beast...also think Crouch will become a beast at OLB....which isbwhere coach wants him to play. He played mostly inside last year out of necessity ....

Eason gets my vote...

OLB (SO) Crouch 6'2 247
ILB (FR) Eason 6'2 265
MLB (SO) To'oto'o 6'3 240
OLB ( SO) Harrison 6'2 242

Or

OLB (JR) Bennett 6'3 250
ILB ( SO) Crouch 6'2 247
MLB (SO) To'oto'o 6'3 240
OLB (SO) Harrison 6'2 242

Eason gets my vote...

OLB (SO) Crouch 6'2 247