Transfers

greenwheel

Saw that Jackson Greer a catcher at ETSU will be a graduate transfer at UT next season.

Have also seen that Austin Knight and Sam Fulton are in the transfer portal.

Reactions: sport3500
There are more coming in the near future that will be transferring. With the draft being small there are more players coming back than anyone expected and the new class coming in. There are guys who are realizing their playing time will not be what they thought it would be or non-existent. But with the NCAA not passing the one time transfer yesterday and it not coming back up until January 21, where will they go? I would expect Matt and Austin to land closer to their homes but will they stay P5?

Do you think Turino in the portal is any indication of Aleric or Zach?

My personal opinion, Zach needs to come back for another year and prove he can continue what he was doing this year through next year. He, I think can be fairly said, did not perform at the plate in his first two years like he did in the early part of this year. If he proves he can keep hitting consistently against SEC pitching, then he'll be much better positioned for the draft next year. If a team takes the gamble and drafts him in the first five rounds this year (and they may, because he is a great athlete with unlimited potential), then obviously he needs to go and I'll be his biggest fan in the pros. Selfishly, I hope he's back next year to watch some more of those mammoth HR's.

My personal opinion, Zach needs to come back for another year and prove he can continue what he was doing this year through next year. He, I think can be fairly said, did not perform at the plate in his first two years like he did in the early part of this year. If he proves he can keep hitting consistently against SEC pitching, then he'll be much better positioned for the draft next year. If a team takes the gamble and drafts him in the first five rounds this year (and they may, because he is a great athlete with unlimited potential), then obviously he needs to go and I'll be his biggest fan in the pros. Selfishly, I hope he's back next year to watch some more of those mammoth HR's.
I think Zach will go in the 4th or 5th round. Purely a guess on some things I’ve heard. He is right on the bubble. If he doesn’t get drafted he should 100 percent come back. Because what you eluded too he could be a 1st or 2nd round pick.

I think Zach will go in the 4th or 5th round. Purely a guess on some things I’ve heard. He is right on the bubble. If he doesn’t get drafted he should 100 percent come back. Because what you eluded too he could be a 1st or 2nd round pick.

This isn’t a year where scouts are going to take fringy unproven guys imo. I’d bet he isn’t taken

Reactions: sccshortstop
This isn’t a year where scouts are going to take fringy unproven guys imo. I’d bet he isn’t taken
I agree with you on them not taking fringy unproven. I do know his stock was sky rocketing with his start to the season. Scouts drool over those physical attributes though too and it only takes one to like you. He’s right on that bubble. We will see

I agree with you on them not taking fringy unproven. I do know his stock was sky rocketing with his start to the season. Scouts drool over those physical attributes though too and it only takes one to like you. He’s right on that bubble. We will see
no doubt he has the tools but Always has had them and that brought eyes on him. His SOs were down but still very high and that’s against a poor schedule. We shall see but I think he’s back and I’m not sold that is good for the vols

no doubt he has the tools but Always has had them and that brought eyes on him. His SOs were down but still very high and that’s against a poor schedule. We shall see but I think he’s back and I’m not sold that is good for the vols
Why don’t you think it would be good for the Vols if he’s back?

Why don’t you think it would be good for the Vols if he’s back?

The question that is legitimate to ask is he the same player he’s been since he got here with the same results both for the vols and in the summer or is he the the guy that was good for just over a month against very iffy competition.

If he’s the same guy he’s always been(which I think he is), then the vols are better off giving his ABs to someone else next Feb/March and getting them ready for SEC play.

The question that is legitimate to ask is he the same player he’s been since he got here with the same results both for the vols and in the summer or is he the the guy that was good for just over a month against very iffy competition.

If he’s the same guy he’s always been(which I think he is), then the vols are better off giving his ABs to someone else next Feb/March and getting them ready for SEC play.
Zach was the mvp of round rock. It’s not like he just did it against crappy opponents. Zach worked extremely hard at shortening his swing and it proved big dividends. He is a very hard worker too.

Zach was the mvp of round rock. It’s not like he just did it against crappy opponents. Zach worked extremely hard at shortening his swing and it proved big dividends. He is a very hard worker too.

Sure I get that. Im not downing the kid just saying the track record raises serious doubts about what kind of hitter he really is. He had a good weekend at round rock I get it but baseball is about consistency for the long haul. If he had played this season and had success in SEC play he’d be a guy I am sure that would have gone but the shortened season isn’t enough to impress me anyway.

Sure I get that. Im not downing the kid just saying the track record raises serious doubts about what kind of hitter he really is. He had a good weekend at round rock I get it but baseball is about consistency for the long haul. If he had played this season and had success in SEC play he’d be a guy I am sure that would have gone but the shortened
season isn’t enough to impress me anyway.
We have seen worse at UT and others who got drafted! MLB has them all by the balls. Paying $100 then 45% in the next two seasons, from a tax planning perspective I’m go with a 3 payment plan but not starting at $100. They will probably put in the contract an out in year three, who knows under the current environment.

Not sure what you mean regarding an “out in the contract”. Players get signing bonus $ and the every player gets paid the same amount in the minor leagues depending on their level. They can get cut at any moment. There are any contracts.

Saw a tweet that Austin Knight is going to UNC Charlotte And is eligible to play next season.
Good for him but still a little shocked because he and Max were HS teammates. I guess the only opening would be at 3rd with Rucker(SS) and Max(2nd) holding down the middle. Dang he had a shot at 3rd!

Unless something changes I would think Liam Spence will still be the SS and Rucker will stay at 3B.

A juco ss is coming in I believe, which could move Ferguson to CF. That move would help his draft status and the team. He may be the best athlete in the program

A juco ss is coming in I believe, which could move Ferguson to CF. That move would help his draft status and the team. He may be the best athlete in the program
I would have bever guessed that about Max. Guess he hasn't had a shot to show off his athleticism playing on the right side of the infield.

Wasn't there a pretty highly regarded kid that got hurt and had to RS last year that plays SS?

VN Store

Back