Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

Memphis Grizzlies

G: Mike Conley
G: Tony Allen
F: Shareef Abdur-Rahim
F: Zach Randolph
C: Marc Gasol

The question with the Grizzlies: Who should be the final player to fill out a lineup that features the Grit 'n' Grind mainstays called the Core Four? (I'd make a joke about Chandler Parsons' max contract, but I want to be welcomed back to Memphis.)

Based purely on merit, Pau Gasol would be the pick, but he doesn't fit alongside his brother Marc at center and Randolph at power forward. So we will go with Abdur-Rahim, who was a really good player for some really bad teams in Vancouver, averaging 20.8 points and 8.2 rebounds per game over five seasons in which the Grizzlies went a combined 86-292.

-- MacMahon

The all-time starting five for every NBA Western Conference team

Some of these are just....yea

Last edited:
Memphis Grizzlies

The question with the Grizzlies: Who should be the final player to fill out a lineup that features the Grit 'n' Grind mainstays called the Core Four? (I'd make a joke about Chandler Parsons' max contract, but I want to be welcomed back to Memphis.)

Based purely on merit, Pau Gasol would be the pick, but he doesn't fit alongside his brother Marc at center and Randolph at power forward. So we will go with Abdur-Rahim, who was a really good player for some really bad teams in Vancouver, averaging 20.8 points and 8.2 rebounds per game over five seasons in which the Grizzlies went a combined 86-292.

-- MacMahon

They have Kawhi and his 5 minutes on the Clippers. It is the Clippers, so I guess it was tough coming up with a starting 5.

Memphis Grizzlies

-- MacMahon

Wasn’t SAR a PF?

So if the NBA season is really going to be 70 games, that would dramatically boost our chances of qualifying.

Grizz would only have 5 games left. Between the Blazers, Pelicans, Kings, and Spurs, they’d play 4-6 games. The Grizz would just not have to royally screw it up.

James Posey was also good in his brief tenure

Big core four guy but Pau has to at least get some consideration over Marc

Surprised Vernon and company were okay with this model. I disagree that the Grizz have a significant advantage, but they are advantaged (and should be as the current 8 over ~64 games).

Wonder if they try to use Winslow?

Surprised Vernon and company were okay with this model. I disagree that the Grizz have a significant advantage, but they are advantaged (and should be as the current 8 over ~64 games).

Wonder if they try to use Winslow?
I would say yes to Winslow. They still have two months to workout together before playing. Not starting until July 31 is mind blowing.

Winslow was slated to potentially return at the end of March. I can’t see a reason why the Grizz won’t use him when they resume play.

VN Store

Back