NCAA Votes to Allow Players Back on Campus

Your hospital has no PPE and has minimal tests for COVID-19? If that is true, then either your hospital or your state has not taken appropriate measures to protect their employees and patients. In TX, PPE was originally limited, but available. It is much better now. We are testing all patients before any procedures and public COVID testing is available in most large cities without doctor’s orders. Non-life sustaining procedures have restarted as well.
N95 masks are highly allocated
Our governor here has not made testing a priority. I wish we could test all of our preop patients. It’s just not a reality as of this minute. Higher risk patients do have some testing available but it’s not widespread.

Cry wolf?
Nah. No crying wolf here. I don’t expect a cockwomble like you to understand fully the intricate workings of a hospital. I’m certainly not misrepresenting my education or experience. If you have “empirical” data show it. Data is data. I don’t look at medical issues through a political lens. We are fortunate in Tennessee. We have not had a huge surge of patients. It still could happen. As far as my education goes, I am a physician who renders critical care on a daily basis.

I would bet dollars to donuts that I understand the “intricate workings” of a hospital better than a “physician” desperately clinging to the notion, as represented by your comments in this thread, that COVID-19 is an “ugly” issue in the state of Tennessee.

But, please, do continue to exaggerate the severity of COVID-19 to your heart’s content. I’m sure that, somewhere, your misguided/heavy-handed concern will hit home.

I would bet dollars to donuts that I understand the “intricate workings” of a hospital better than a “physician” desperately clinging to the notion, as represented by your comments in this thread, that COVID-19 is an “ugly” issue in the state of Tennessee.

But, please, do continue to exaggerate the severity of COVID-19 to your heart’s content. I’m sure that, somewhere, your misguided/heavy-handed concern will hit home.
Typical over representation of what I’ve said. ive not said it’s was an ugly issue or been heavy handed at all we have been fortunate here. Very. The reasons for that are myriad(I’ll wait while you look up that word). I don’t cling to any notion about severity of the illness. I look at data. At heart I’m a scientist. Judging from your ad hominem arguments I don’t think you’ll ever understand that.

Reactions: ohhbother
We don’t know that, we don’t know how many people are asymptomatic. We don’t know if it’s mortality rate is higher than the flu.

And you’re right, we can’t predict it, clearly. 1,000,000 deaths were predicted. Sky rocketing cases in GA and FL when they reopened, that was also incorrect. They also predicted to have overrun hospitals and not enough beds/ventilators, that was never the case. It seems these “experts” don’t really know what they’re talking about.

Georgia just reported its highest single day death total in nearly three weeks and has had to correct its testing data several times in the last week. I wouldn’t use it as your shining example

Reactions: ChattaVolMD
Your hospital has no PPE and has minimal tests for COVID-19? If that is true, then either your hospital or your state has not taken appropriate measures to protect their employees and patients. In TX, PPE was originally limited, but available. It is much better now. We are testing all patients before any procedures and public COVID testing is available in most large cities without doctor’s orders. Non-life sustaining procedures have restarted as well.

Sure thing hoss, for its size and population Texas is dead last in the US in testing

Typical over representation of what I’ve said. ive not said it’s was an ugly issue or been heavy handed at all we have been fortunate here. Very. The reasons for that are myriad(I’ll wait while you look up that word). I don’t cling to any notion about severity of the illness. I look at data. At heart I’m a scientist. Judging from your ad hominem arguments I don’t think you’ll ever understand that.

Oh, weird, so these aren’t your words below?

I’ve seen the virus kill younger folks. It’s ugly. It’s real.

It’s adorable that you consider yourself a “scientist,” but I would expect most reasonable people to view you as a mere blowhard that’s clinging to a rather commonplace role in society to amplify and legitimize your belief that this virus is remotely concerning for the vast majority of Americans and posters on this forum.

Oh, weird, so these aren’t your words below?

It’s adorable that you consider yourself a “scientist,” but I would expect most reasonable people to view you as a mere blowhard that’s clinging to a rather commonplace role in society to amplify and legitimize your belief that this virus is remotely concerning for the vast majority of Americans and posters on this forum.
ahh. I see. You’re a 40 watt bulb in a 100 watt world
the ugly I was referring to is how people die. It’s an ugly and sad way to die
as far as the other. Nah. I don’t care how I’m viewed. You can’t attack facts or ideas so you attack the person. Sad. I hope you didn’t get your degree from our fine state university. Poor reflection on it and on you.

ahh. I see. You’re a 40 watt bulb in a 100 watt world
the ugly I was referring to is how people die. It’s an ugly and sad way to die
as far as the other. Nah. I don’t care how I’m viewed. You can’t attack facts or ideas so you attack the person. Sad. I hope you didn’t get your degree from our fine state university. Poor reflection on it and on you.

Meanwhile, the increasingly-erratic nature and formatting of your posts in the face of pressure paints a pretty solid picture of how your professional life has “developed.”

Meanwhile, the increasingly-erratic nature and formatting of your posts in the face of pressure paints a pretty solid picture of how your professional life has “developed.”
Erratic? Ha. The iPhone and the forum are responsible for that. Again, you can’t formulate an argument other than attack the poster. My professional life is really pretty good. I’m sure I make more in a year than you will in a lifetime.(2 million) I take outstanding care of my patients who appreciate my concern and ability. I have a model beautiful wife who also happens to be a physician. The kids, well the kids suck. But life isn’t perfect

Erratic? Ha. The iPhone and the forum are responsible for that. Again, you can’t formulate an argument other than attack the poster. My professional life is really pretty good. I’m sure I make more in a year than you will in a lifetime.(2 million) I take outstanding care of my patients who appreciate my concern and ability. I have a model beautiful wife who also happens to be a physician. The kids, well the kids suck. But life isn’t perfect

I know that you believe this post sounds like a perfect “clap back,” accented with some glorious “zings” that legitimize your status, but I assure you that it only serves to reinforce how laughable your “scientific” opinion is and that no one in their right mind should take your “concerns” about COVID-19 seriously.

I know that you believe this post sounds like a perfect “clap back,” accented with some glorious “zings” that legitimize your status, but I assure you that it only serves to reinforce how laughable your “scientific” opinion is and that no one in their right mind should take your “concerns” about COVID-19 seriously.
Ok. Fair enough.
What are your credentials?
Ever put a dying patient on ECMO?
Ever sit at the bedside and watch the family grieve? Ever step outside your comfort zone and examine your beliefs?

I have and I do a routine basis. It’s part of being a physician. I don’t expect you to understand any of the above. You can’t. You’re limited by your ideology. It’s a failing.i get it. As Forest Gump said. Stupid is as stupid does.

Ok. Fair enough.
What are your credentials?
Ever put a dying patient on ECMO?
Ever sit at the bedside and watch the family grieve? Ever step outside your comfort zone and examine your beliefs?

I have and I do a routine basis. It’s part of being a physician. I don’t expect you to understand any of the above. You can’t. You’re limited by your ideology. It’s a failing.i get it. As Forest Gump said. Stupid is as stupid does.

This is all wonderful and flowery verbiage, and yet it doesn’t amount to much in the face of the fact that COVOD-19 (despite your seeming desire) doesn’t present a concern that even remotely warrants the caution you’re attempting to peddle.

This is all wonderful and flowery verbiage, and yet it doesn’t amount to much in the face of the fact that COVOD-19 (despite your seeming desire) doesn’t present a concern that even remotely warrants the caution you’re attempting to peddle.
What caution?
What concern?
I’ve merely stated my observations which are admittedly biased and one sided.
I’m not the one ginning up bullshite.
For some reason you have a visceral and emotional response to objective observations and data. That’s your failing. I suggest you examine your objectivity and biases. It will do you well in the long run.

Georgia just reported its highest single day death total in nearly three weeks and has had to correct its testing data several times in the last week. I wouldn’t use it as your shining example
I can’t find any info of Georgia reporting it’s highest daily death toll, can you please show me this? Georgia has been open for a month, why are you only looking at the data from only three weeks? You must look at the data as a whole....closed vs open.

I hate to say this out loud for fear of making it real, but, what are the chances they go pay-per-view to replace stadium revenue?

( "40 watt bulb in a 100 watt world" - I'm stealing that!)

Last edited:
Reactions: JacketVol
I can’t find any info of Georgia reporting it’s highest daily death toll, can you please show me this? Georgia has been open for a month, why are you only looking at the data from only three weeks? You must look at the data as a whole....closed vs open.

862 new cases and 78 deaths; it’s the 5th highest total of new daily reported cases and the 3rd highest death total since daily reporting began in March but Georgia back counts them so it’s impossible to read on their website. The Georgia department of health updates its counts three times a day

Student athletes, tragically, die every year for various reasons. Some have asthma attacks or heart conditions or other undetected health issue. As has been shown over and over healthy people have an extremely low chance of requiring hospitalization and even lower chance of dying from covid.

More likely for a student to be raped or die of drug OD than of Covid

As America Reopens, Trial Lawyers Salivate at Coronavirus Lawsuits

This is something Fulmer and the administration has to be concerned with whether we think it's real or not.

Last edited:
I hate to say this out loud for fear of making it real, but, what are the chances they go pay-per-view to replace stadium revenue?

( "40 watt bulb in a 100 watt world" - I'm stealing that!)

The networks...in our case ESPN and CBS own the rights to our games and after losing out on a allot of sports revenue since March I don't see them giving up their rights to the games so Universities can recoup their gate money. The NFL draft was the highest rated draft of all time because fans are STARVED for sports and will especially be true if not all fans are allowed in stadiums.

What caution?
What concern?
I’ve merely stated my observations which are admittedly biased and one sided.
I’m not the one ginning up bullshite.
For some reason you have a visceral and emotional response to objective observations and data. That’s your failing. I suggest you examine your objectivity and biases. It will do you well in the long run.

The data objectively paints a different picture than the pathos-driven nonsense you’re fabricating but, sure, we can pretend that I’m the one being “emotional” here if that makes you feel better.

Reactions: AllVols
The networks...in our case ESPN and CBS own the rights to our games and after losing out on a allot of sports revenue since March I don't see them giving up their rights to the games so Universities can recoup their gate money. The NFL draft was the highest rated draft of all time because fans are STARVED for sports and will especially be true if not all fans are allowed in stadiums.
Good point.

You just went way over the line. You are not better than anyone else despite the trappings. I could go on about my personal life but that doesn’t matter here. Regardless of anyone’s status, how much you make and how beautiful your wife does not make you a quality person. In fact, your written words paint a different picture and may explain the situation with your kids. I left the Fortune 500 latter while leaving the position I was offered which I thought I always wanted. Opened my own business and doing well but best thing was it allowed me time to be involved with my kids. Otherwise, it wouldn’t have happened. What makes us rich is not always measured by our bank account. However, I do not believe the 1-2 million and the model wife or the MD. It had nothing to do with CoVid but everything to do with what I believe you are.

Reactions: ChattaVolMD
You just went way over the line. You are not better than anyone else despite the trappings. I could go on about my personal life but that doesn’t matter here. Regardless of anyone’s status, how much you make and how beautiful your wife does not make you a quality person. In fact, your written words paint a different picture and may explain the situation with your kids. I left the Fortune 500 latter while leaving the position I was offered which I thought I always wanted. Opened my own business and doing well but best thing was it allowed me time to be involved with my kids. Otherwise, it wouldn’t have happened. What makes us rich is not always measured by our bank account. However, I do not believe the 1-2 million and the model wife or the MD. It had nothing to do with CoVid but everything to do with what I believe you are.
You’re absolutely right. My comments were mean spirited, cruel, and quite lousy.
And totally over the line.
I appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back