247 rankings

I trust pruitt can evaluate and knows what he is looking for. However, hope these hs kids get to play this year.

Reactions: LittleVol
There were more unranked players drafted this year than 5 stars.

I'd take recruiting rankings with a grain of salt.

That’s not the best take. If rankings don’t matter, then why are the teams that consistently have the most success in CF have the highest rated recruiting classes?

Reactions: 08Vol
Re rated in May, 6 months after their Junior seasons, with no camps or other actual football activities going on...

Hmm. Yeah.. THAT doesn't matter. Lol.

Not convincing me that Brooks or any other player that got a significant bump or drop is better/worse today, than he was yesterday cause there math change over night.

Lol.

Barton Simmons will be on Swain Event tomorrow morning. Look forward to listening to interview. Hope Swain throws some punches on Barton !!!!!!!!

Why has some of the best teams in the country offered Deshawn Rucker and he still in the 500’s?

Do the # of commits increase the rating or is it simply based on overall average ranking of recruits?
The number of commits does matter — but if you took this class and only kept the 4-star guys and cut the 3-star guys we would still be in the top five. So we will keep adding big talent and culling the herd, so to speak. Some of our current 3-stars will need a ratings boost or get replaced. Watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennMan101
Look at the "average." Not saying it matters, but its fair to point out.

I do. I was just stirring the pot because he said the services are wrong more than they are right. That isn’t true but with so many high school athletes some are going to slip through the cracks and others won’t go to camps that will help them etc. its no where near perfect but you can’t just make a blanket statement and act like it’s a fact. Unless you are in politics.

I do. I was just stirring the pot because he said the services are wrong more than they are right. That isn’t true but with so many high school athletes some are going to slip through the cracks and others won’t go to camps that will help them etc. its no where near perfect but you can’t just make a blanket statement and act like it’s a fact. Unless you are in politics.
Always a fun endeavor

The number of commits does matter — if you took this class and only kept the 4-star guys and cut the 3-star guys we would still be in the top five. So we will keep adding big talent and culling the herd, so to speak. Some of our current 3-stars will need a ratings boost or get replaced. Watch.

Coaches are going to cut a recruit BECAUSE he doesn't get a boost in star ranking??

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Do the # of commits increase the rating or is it simply based on overall average ranking of recruits?
Total points for the ranking. They don't do an actual ranking based on average player rating.

But it's a good benchmark to use when judging over all quality of the class.

Our ranking is a product of point total with 23 commits... Which is more than anyone in the top 50.

Our average player rating is not typical of what most top 3-5 classes wind up being.

That said, I think if you take the top 10-12 guys in the class, most of whom committed inn three last 3 weeks, it's around 93 if I remember right.

Over all it's right at 90 I think.

So we're#2... But until/unless there's movement at three bottom of the class in either rating bumps or attrition, it won't stay top 5.

All that said... This cycle and the ratings are a little wacked out because there are no on campus or 3rd party camps. So rating adjustments like we saw yesterday kinda need to be taken in stride... They really don't mean anything at this point. They can't... Nothing really to rate from that wasn't already in the can...(Jr season film). So how a kid is a 5 star coming out of that season isn't in May of the following spring is just a math problem.

Another consideration is a lot of kids haven't been rated at all but some services... Like this kid '21 - FL CB Damarius McGhee
Top 100 player nationally by 247...2* by rivals...

Our class will experience attrition, and our ranking will move down over time.

As long as the core stays put, and we continue to stay in the mix for a lot of the high profile kids we're definitely in on... We'll be fine. I expect it will finish anywhere between 4th and 9th...

VN Store

Back