Tennessee Cornhole Boards

Very cool! Look very sturdy which is important.

50% of cornhole boards joy of using is in the surface finish (how the bag slides). The other 50% is the stability. Nothing more frustrating than playing on boards that are flexible and poorly constructed.

Reactions: SicEmSmokey33
I dont have a pic now but I had a man make some 3 years ago for me for 100.00 ...I went to the the side of stadium and sold for 400.00 .. the man needed income for his Meds .. his field had the numbers on the yard markers. Wish I had saved the pic .. see below what he made me later ...my wife is my fan .. so you'll see we shared .. then my Packer and Steeler boards are awesome too ..

Attachments

• 2012-06-04 19.03.37.jpg
    2012-06-04 19.03.37.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 2012-06-04 19.03.23.jpg
    2012-06-04 19.03.23.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 20151031_101830.jpg
    20151031_101830.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 9
Well he loved the boards!! His reaction made all the work worth it!! The played great, good slide, little bounce. He posted them on his Snapchat and said he had the greatest dad. For the record, I beat him the first game on his new boards but he beat me 3 to 2 and smoked me the championship game (had to let him win on his birthday!!) Thanks to all of you for your comments!! GO VOLS!!!

Very cool! Look very sturdy which is important.

50% of cornhole boards joy of using is in the surface finish (how the bag slides). The other 50% is the stability. Nothing more frustrating than playing on boards that are flexible and poorly constructed.
Yeah we have played in a tournament that had a bunch of boards that were awful, not fun. These had good slide to them and little bounce. I got lucky.

Reactions: tnburban
Outstanding job. Know your son will get years of enjoyment out of your hard work. Btw nice work on the end zones. You should send a photo to Phil and tell him this is how the end zones are suppose to look like and to just spend the money for the extra paint.

Iā€™m a huge fan of the Vols wraps you can buy online. Much easier than me painting checkerboards or getting creative!!
Yeah wrap would have save me some hours but doing by hand may have made it a little more special to him in the long run. But surely would have been easier!!

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Outstanding job. Know your son will get years of enjoyment out of your hard work. Btw nice work on the end zones. You should send a photo to Phil and tell him this is how the end zones are suppose to look like and to just spend the money for the extra paint.
Thanks!! The endzones were a challenge but I like the way the turned out. Probably was an easier way to do it,but for my first build,I'll take it.

Thanks for the kind comments. First set I've ever built. The checkerboard was a pain but had to do them, took lots of hours. I was worried about the T, had to freehand it because didn't have time to get decal.I think my son will like them, if I still give them to him.
I did checkerboard on a table by getting a strip of vinyl sticker from a sign shop that was 10-12" wide. I stuck it to the table and then drew a checkerboard on it using a pencil with a metal ruler. I cut along the lines with a sharp exacto knife and pulled every other block off. Sealed it with a couple coats of polyurethane and Bob's your uncle.

I did checkerboard on a table by getting a strip of vinyl sticker from a sign shop that was 10-12" wide. I stuck it to the table and then drew a checkerboard on it using a pencil with a metal ruler. I cut along the lines with a sharp exacto knife and pulled every other block off. Sealed it with a couple coats of polyurethane and Bob's your uncle.
Sounds like good idea. I just drew mine and taped it off to paint. Worked pretty good except where paint would run over the edge a little.

VN Store

Back