NCAA Votes to Allow Players Back on Campus

Has this happened yet? I mean we were told Georgia and Florida were practically sacrificing people in biblical proportions by opening and that has yet to happen. Sports are coming back, the virus isn't as bad as originally thought, hell the CDC came out and reversed its stance on contracting the virus on surfaces. As the weeks go on, the more positive news comes out. Some news outlets are clinging to doom and gloom, that won't change unfortunately. Be an independent thinker, don't form an opinion by those opinions of those on TV and you'll be fine.

I think it will be similar to East Tennessee snow. First snow of the year, everyone panics, bread and milk are stripped from all stores, hundreds of wrecks, people stay home from work, etc. 2nd and 3rd snow, everyone pretty much goes about their business. There will continue to be cases and some deaths from this particular disease, and most people will go on with life.

Reactions: norrislakevol
We didn't know what we were in for when Rudy Gobert tested positive. Now, however, it's eminently clear that this virus isn't a harbinger of the end times and life can/will go on in the unlikely event that a collegiate athlete succumbs to COVID-19.

Exactly...it was fair to be cautious early on.

Having said that, those who applied critical thinking knew pretty well how this would end up based on SK and Japan. Those who did not obsessed over Italy which tells you all you need to know about their ability to reason.

Student athletes, tragically, die every year for various reasons. Some have asthma attacks or heart conditions or other undetected health issue. As has been shown over and over healthy people have an extremely low chance of requiring hospitalization and even lower chance of dying from covid.

Meanwhile Plenty are dying from FEAR. Some are afraid to go to the DR for another Illness; Fearful of catching corona. They have been successful at Stoking FEAR.

That's not the issue. If 1 player gets it and dies then the media will have a field day. The university, coach, and organization will get bad publicity. It took one player to get it in the NBA to shutdown. Imagine a college athlete dying.
Young healthy people don't die as a result of the virus. Athletes are in that category. The issue is that older people with poor medical conditions need protection. The hysteria is from the media and politicians who want to change our way of life and obtain power are stoking the panic.

Young healthy people don't die as a result of the virus. Athletes are in that category. The issue is that older people with poor medical conditions need protection. The hysteria is from the media and politicians who want to change our way of life and obtain power are stoking the panic.

HE Get's It!!! Bravo. It takes a lot of courage to tell the truth in here.

I wonder how they would distribute tickets? Auction to the highest bidders?
If stadiums are only at 20% capacity will they sell tickets at 5x the typical price?

This is a great question; 20% capacity is a far smaller number than the quantity of season tickets any major school sells in a given year, so do only the highest-tier ticket holders get in? I can't envision schools themselves ramping up the cost of tickets, but seats to the Furman game would absolutely be $600+ provided tickets aren't tied to a specific ticket holder for "safety" purposes.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
There may well be an entirely different perspective in a good way come August, July, Sept, ect. Covid is on the decline now in May, even in states where they have opened up earlier than the fear spreading leftists wanted. What if the numbers are drastically lower then? Some one else kind of mentioned this earlier; history teaches us that people just get used to pandemics and move on with life. This will happen here too, and probably faster since this one is so weak. Most people will not live scared for long periods of time.

What's amusing to me is the idea of giving high level donors first crack at the seats. I would imagine a lot of the big donors are older folks. I mean, the lower you go on the sideline at games, the grayer the hair gets, right? So in other words, you'd be inviting the highest risk group. That's just super.

Reactions: krichunaka
As a physician I can tell you the disease isn’t bogus. It’s one angry virus once you learn about it. But at the end of the day it’s gonna do what it’s gonna do and all these social mechanations are just nibbling around the edges.

As of 5/16, Covid has killed 86 people 0-24...

That’s country-wide I’m assuming? I’d think the death rate of adolescent/teen/young adults, in most categories of passing, would be significantly higher...?!

It doesn’t add up..

VN Store

Back