NCAA Votes to Allow Players Back on Campus

jeblevins

"An NCAA vote Wednesday cleared the return of student athletes to campus in football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball on June 1 through June 30, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports. This decision ends a moratorium on all athletic activities through May 31. "

lol, link not working. Take my word for it.

Last edited:
They have started to go quiet here over the last week or 2, wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of new members pop up here soon
I'm also for it. But it's the parents and players that will decide as well as universities. Not the ncaa. NCAA has no power. They cant even slam home wade from lsu saying he paid for smart.or pearl for that matter whose assistant coach admitted to paying for their players.

Oh no, the dooms day prep crew will be by soon to tell us every single player will die as a result of this

That's not the issue. If 1 player gets it and dies then the media will have a field day. The university, coach, and organization will get bad publicity. It took one player to get it in the NBA to shutdown. Imagine a college athlete dying.

That's not the issue. If 1 player gets it and dies then the media will have a field day. The university, coach, and organization will get bad publicity. It took one player to get it in the NBA to shutdown. Imagine a college athlete dying.

We didn't know what we were in for when Rudy Gobert tested positive. Now, however, it's eminently clear that this virus isn't a harbinger of the end times and life can/will go on in the unlikely event that a collegiate athlete succumbs to COVID-19.

The liability issues for the university and the administrators who make the decision to re-open are something else to consider should God forbid a student or student athlete dies.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Simply acknowledging that it’s a real virus with real people dying doesn’t mean you believe the World is ending as opposed to sounding like a complete dumba** by claiming it’s all a giant conspiracy to take down Trump.
I think it's Chinese biological weapons research that was screwed up

Coronavirus biological weapon_compress65.jpg

The liability issues for the university and the administrators who make the decision to re-open are something else to consider should God forbid a student or student athlete dies.

Student athletes, tragically, die every year for various reasons. Some have asthma attacks or heart conditions or other undetected health issue. As has been shown over and over healthy people have an extremely low chance of requiring hospitalization and even lower chance of dying from covid.

Has this happened yet? I mean we were told Georgia and Florida were practically sacrificing people in biblical proportions by opening and that has yet to happen. Sports are coming back, the virus isn't as bad as originally thought, hell the CDC came out and reversed its stance on contracting the virus on surfaces. As the weeks go on, the more positive news comes out. Some news outlets are clinging to doom and gloom, that won't change unfortunately. Be an independent thinker, don't form an opinion by those opinions of those on TV and you'll be fine.

Student athletes, tragically, die every year for various reasons. Some have asthma attacks or heart conditions or other undetected health issue. As has been shown over and over healthy people have an extremely low chance of requiring hospitalization and even lower chance of dying from covid.

Yes students die and when the grieving parents are approached by an ambulance chaser that thinks money can be made by suing an entity that has insurance, they sue. I think they should reopen the schools and everything should return to as near normal as possible. All I was trying to say is that the administrators have to take all possibilities into consideration due to the possible financial losses that can be incurred.

Reactions: BUBear

VN Store

Back