Got to love Wilcoxson

“Throughout this whole recruiting process, I’d listen to a coach but never really take anything they said seriously,” Wilcoxson explained. “They get paid hundreds of thousands if not millions to recruit, so they’re gonna tell you what you want to hear to try and get you there because at the end of the day, they gotta keep their job. With Coach Pruitt, he’s been real genuine throughout the whole process. Even when I was committed, he kept the recruiting at the same pace.”

This is what I think is most interesting. It is hard to know who you are really dealing with and we just see the public face of Pruitt. While it is hard for we as fans to really know for sure what a coach is like behind the scenes, players find out and I suspect word goes round fast. That is why Butch's classes cratered at the end.

Pruitt seems to be - what you see is what you get. And he has been around top talent that is now in the NFL who say he is a straight up guy and hasn't changed. I think that level of honesty and trust is a big factor as to why Pruitt was personally a 24/7 recruiter of the year and why it is not a coincidence that we have 2 more on staff and Ansley came in #2 last year I think. Pruitt is building a culture like that - and that bodes VERY well for the long term health of the program.

He's one of the recruits I'm most excited about. I believe he was quoted as saying that "if he doesn't start as a freshman that he would be disappointed", that may be paraphrased. And he's already been in contact with coaches about specific drills and the playbook. I'm not going to go so far as to say he'll have the same impact as EB on day one, but I think he's going to be special.

He's one of the recruits I'm most excited about. I believe he was quoted as saying that "if he doesn't start as a freshman that he would be disappointed", that may be paraphrased. And he's already been in contact with coaches about specific drills and the playbook. I'm not going to go so far as to say he'll have the same impact as EB on day one, but I think he's going to be special.
That makes me excited. This should be every recruits mindset coming in

Among the players Wilcoxson says he’s trying to get to join him at Tennessee are five-star outside linebacker Smael Mondon, five-star offensive tackle Amarius Mims, four-star safety Terrion Arnold, four-star cornerback and current Florida commit Clinton Burton, and three-star all-purpose back and former Florida commit Brashard Smith

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back