'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

Has anyone ever looked into how our recruits rankings trend vs how other’s trend following commitments?

People can say they don’t care, and I really don’t if we’re getting top tier talent, but I do think these rankings shape the public’s perception of the program to help build momentum in recruiting

Has anyone ever looked into how our recruits rankings trend vs how other’s trend following commitments?

People can say they don’t care, and I really don’t if we’re getting top tier talent, but I do think these rankings shape the public’s perception of the program to help build momentum in recruiting
meh. the public opinion doesn't have as much sway as we're led to believe. sure people pay attention to how things are perceived....no getting around that.

but amongst prospects, coaches etc....the ones that actually matter....they know.

this is just math....it's a rainy Wedenesday and kids got dropped and bumped overnight for.............................................................................................................................

exactly.

funny part is we actually dropped 2 points on our overall score on the 247 rankings, and our average went down. free fall out of the top ten on the horizon?

bad day for TN recruiting.

lol.....
Tragic! Gonna have a good cry when I can find a sec. 😴

Reactions: jakez4ut
meh. the public opinion doesn't have as much sway as we're led to believe. sure people pay attention to how things are perceived....no getting around that.

but amongst prospects, coaches etc....the ones that actually matter....they know.

this is just math....it's a rainy Wedenesday and kids got dropped and bumped overnight for.............................................................................................................................

exactly.
Even if it doesn’t have as much as we think, if it helps you pick up one additional recruit who starts listening to UT because of the momentum he sees, that could be enough to make a big difference. I know relationships and bag men are bigger factors than perceived momentum, but I think the last few weeks are a clear indicator that herd mentality applies to recruits as much as it does consumers

Even if it doesn’t have as much as we think, if it helps you pick up one additional recruit who starts listening to UT because of the momentum he sees, that could be enough to make a big difference. I know relationships and bag men are bigger factors than perceived momentum, but I think the last few weeks are a clear indicator that herd mentality applies to recruits as much as it does consumers
sure it does. but that's not what has the staying power.....

as we're seeing today....change the formulas around some and the same gropu of guys that was being lauded and praised, are now looked at as "less than" by some.

for no real good reason....lol. so momentum if you believe in it (i do) is what it is. it has a start, and a finish. what happens after, is what matters.....

Reactions: Easttnken
The fan part might be true but that dude always tweets about how Pruitt is the man.
Barton Simmons said “he won’t let tennessee be over bama in anything” on the 247 podcast yesterday. Interesting that brooks dropped like this today.

I think terry hates Tennessee and just wants Pruitt when Saban leaves.

I know 247 and Rivals have deadlines and want to create content, but how can you even justify any ranking change right now for any prospect due to COVID-19. No camps, no in person evaluation, etc. Any change in any rankings means jack squat whether it goes up or down at this time (or really any time) JMO

Reactions: trion23
Barton Simmons said “he won’t let tennessee be over bama in anything” on the 247 podcast yesterday. Interesting that brooks dropped like this today.

I think terry hates Tennessee and just wants Pruitt when Saban leaves.
Wut... provide link to said quote from simmons

What are they saying in this thread @Ron Swanson ?

Dylan Brooks’ 247 Ranking
“WIth Dylan Brooks, it was mainly about us putting some more value on the production to this point within that group of top pass rushers. When we started combing through that group it became apparent Demeioun Robinson (who was a few spots ahead of him), Clayton Smith and Jeremiah Williams had more productive junior seasons that were also against tougher competition. Like Ryan noted, we still like Brooks' upside, but those guys that moved ahead of him have that too, with more consistent production to date. This was mainly about us working to get our position rankings right first and that's where Brooks fell within the WDE group for us upon revisiting.”

-Charles Power

“WIth Dylan Brooks, it was mainly about us putting some more value on the production to this point within that group of top pass rushers. When we started combing through that group it became apparent Demeioun Robinson (who was a few spots ahead of him), Clayton Smith and Jeremiah Williams had more productive junior seasons that were also against tougher competition. Like Ryan noted, we still like Brooks' upside, but those guys that moved ahead of him have that too, with more consistent production to date. This was mainly about us working to get our position rankings right first and that's where Brooks fell within the WDE group for us upon revisiting.”

-Charles Power
lol. I remember them saying that Bailey’s production didn’t matter. They’re just making this stuff up

VN Store

Back