Softball Coaching Change

Thanks for your dedication & the leadership qualities you committed to the Tenn Lady Vols team. I'm sure your teaching skills & working knowledge with the new pitching recruits to the team will be greatly missed by all within the school system.
Good luck always to you and have a very happy rewarding retirement time spent with your family. GBO !!!

I know many have thought the weakest link was Marty and he very well may have been but I smell a small stinking rat! Wonder if the additional Weekly was an issue? Marty has got a lot of the blame for the pitching to be so up and down but I think there was much blame to go around. I hope he enjoys retirement but at his young age I look for him to surface somewhere without all the pressure we seem to have!

I thought there would be more people wishing Marty a happy retirement.
Did not see this thread til today. Wish him all the best. I not sure most people are taking this as "retirement." If he wants to coach he will rise up somewhere. We needed some change whether this is the best route remains to be seen.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I think most softball fans wish him well but at the same time are glad to see a change if it turns out to be someone that has the type of coaching career that we think will make a difference in the pitching.

I think most softball fans wish him well but at the same time are glad to see a change if it turns out to be someone that has the type of coaching career that we think will make a difference in the pitching.
I agree but it is so much we fans don't know about the strings being pulled in the dugout we assume Marty is the problem and he may well be. I think we needed a change but who ever comes needs to run the pitching staff top to bottom. Will they let that happen? My guess is no but we will be able to get a handle once someone is named. I Had hoped that Ellen may be the one but even with her past experiences she may not have the moxey to handle all three Weekleys!

So nice to be home again...
5-17-2008-2-45-56-AM-7111522.jpg

She may well be the next head coach when the Weekly's retire......Since she left a job being the new head coach at Belmont to come back to UT, a lot may have been promised to her to be our pitching coach....

In any event, looking forward to some UT sports again....
pfjrqdZCxJmdDvVK-ZIH_8i_ch68Lu4WUCt77cX0hBsB864AgqCkKkJnbrB5mPe5MT-YzLfBm9VRk-EJUujn6v4jqzBEeGd2cS8C7UHYGIMaBC3LeyAQtFurqHQeWwATpgS9ui-a-NmLb30V

VN Store

Back