'21 GA TE Miles Campbell (Tennessee signee)

He’s a little on the small side, but someone said he just turned 17.

I think the staff has earned our trust on their evals.
He's 6-4, 230. Not all of these move TEs are going to be Gronk-sized monsters. Plenty of examples of NFL guys his size or smaller. Evan Engram, Jordan Reed, Aaron Hernandez, Delanie Walker, Trey Burton, Dallas Clark, etc.

As you said, he is younger for his class, so there is some potential for growth, still, but even if not, like you also said, we should trust the staff. And if people need further proof, watch his highlights. He is physically dominating 6A competition in Georgia. Kid looks really good on film.

He's 6-4, 230. Not all of these move TEs are going to be Gronk-sized monsters. Plenty of examples of NFL guys his size or smaller. Evan Engram, Jordan Reed, Aaron Hernandez, Delanie Walker, Trey Burton, Dallas Clark, etc.

As you said, he is younger for his class, so there is some potential for growth, still, but even if not, like you also said, we should trust the staff. And if people need further proof, watch his highlights. He is physically dominating 6A competition in Georgia. Kid looks really good on film.

George Kittle is also only 6'4.

Honestly, the modern LB is also a bit shorter, so having a 6'6 TE isn't as necessary anymore. Give me a 6'3/6'4 TE that runs routes like a receiver in today's game.

George Kittle is also only 6'4.

Honestly, the modern LB is also a bit shorter, so having a 6'6 TE isn't as necessary anymore. Give me a 6'3/6'4 TE that runs routes like a receiver in today's game.
yeah there's this misconception that the standard is Gronk. he's still an excepiton. 6'4" 240lbs...really is about perfrect for a TE.

plus he's got great ability down field, big catch radius....everything i've seen/read/heard about this kid is that he's the perfect flext TE that you can line up wide, slot, or end of line...even Hback...and do a ton of stuff with in the passing game. which is what chaney will do with him. only knock is the blocking. and i don't get the impression he's not willing....just probably never had to focus on it like he will here in terms of down field blocking for WR's or in the run game in general.

i like everything i've heard about this kid so far. sounds like he's pretty underrated.....

All you did was restate in 2 paragraphs what I said in 2 sentences. But agreed.

I bet he’s 6’3” though. Hope he grows a couple more inches. He’ll just be an even bigger problem for defenses.. literally.

and he just turned 17 yesterday. between now and the day he suits up for his first game at TN, i'm gonna say he's probably gonna get a little bigger still....

the one that probably gets moved to defense is trinity bell assuming he commits here. i think the goal, based on everything i've read/listened to about the TE situation is they want all 3....Bell, Campbell and Wolfe. Bell moves to DE. Wolve is the classic in line TE that can block and be a reliable pass catcher,and Campbell provides athleticism in a big frame....

All you did was restate in 2 paragraphs what I said in 2 sentences. But agreed.

I bet he’s 6’3” though. Hope he grows a couple more inches. He’ll just be an even bigger problem for defenses.. literally.
Not really. There was much more substance, and it wasn't a knock on you.

In any case, 6-3, 6-4, no matter. He's talented. If he continues to grow, all the better so long as he maintains his athleticism.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is 6'4-6'5 and around 250 by the time he gets here and goes through spring training. Kid is 17, has a large frame and plays like a physical WR. I'm confident he will end up a high 4* recruit and will be a stud on the field.

We have nobody like him on the roster.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is 6'4-6'5 and around 250 by the time he gets here and goes through spring training. Kid is 17, has a large frame and plays like a physical WR. I'm confident he will end up a high 4* recruit and will be a stud on the field.

We have nobody like him on the roster.
Dee Beckwith has entered the chat.

Agree with both above posts. I seriously think he’s gonna be an animal. Kid is tenacious with the ball in his hands. Reminds me so much of CP

Recruitments like this And in a year like this is when having a heck of an staff that believes in their evaluations pays off. Jumping early on guys and believing in your eyes and eval skills instead of bandwagon recruiting pays off in a year where kids can’t blow their stock up in camps

Anyone else hear AP on Swains show yesterday. Apparently Georgia tried coming in at the last hour to get this guy to hold off and just commit to them instead.

Georgia is so scared of us right now and they should be. Kirby is getting lot of sleepless nights thanks to Pruitt.

Also said coaches think Campbell is a “dude” very underrated and staff thinks he is in the top 3rd talent wise out of our current commits.

Anyone else hear AP on Swains show yesterday. Apparently Georgia tried coming in at the last hour to get this guy to hold off and just commit to them instead.

Georgia is so scared of us right now and they should be. Kirby is getting lot of sleepless nights thanks to Pruitt.

Also said coaches think Campbell is a “dude” very underrated and staff thinks he is in the top 3rd talent wise out of our current commits.
Made sure to mention it more than once. Like he was rubbing it in Jesses face.

VN Store

Back