NCAA coronavirus advisory panel details how fan-free college football games are likely

No fans. No stadium revenue. No income to local businesses. Why are we even risking the players? The point in playing is what, now?
Let this thing play out before deciding to get down in the dumps over an article written by Dan. If there is 1 certain from this its that Dan is still FOS

No fans. No stadium revenue. No income to local businesses. Why are we even risking the players? The point in playing is what, now?
Ask nascar. Live sports TV programming during covid advertising revenues > 100,000 fans buying turkey legs, funnel cakes, beer and Jimmy Johnson Tshirts. Even though we've got to endure all the drug advertisements... "we've got a pill to get rid of low blood sugar, but it could give you high blood pressure, low blood pressure, crossed eyes, cancer, IBS, heart attack, stroke, baldness, weight gain, ED, skin rashes, depression and kidney failure."

You think people

Donations will stop if not allowed to attend. If they keep thousands of dollars given to be able to buy tickets and don’t allow you to attend, donations will be zero. With this economy heading the way it is, folks who love going may discover how nice it is to stay home.
Much like all businesses...restaurants, manufacturers, etc...some revenue is better than none. This is a probably a one year thing. The goal is to play SOME football. I know they're planning for a full slate, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an audible to only play conference games, where travel is more limited and gives some spacing between games for everyone's health. Even if that happens, most will be happy there's football. Personally, I think it's going to be tough... saw where one person in CA exposed 180 people to covid at a mothers day church service and all had to go into quarantine...don't know how you're going to avoid this sort of impact in CFB...it's going to happen...and then what? IF someone on FL tests positive on Sept 27, the day after playing UT, what does that do for UT playing Miz and UF playing SC the next week? Not for me to figure out, but hope they do. Germany has apparently figured it out in soccer, so they'll have some models.

The expert models from March and April have all been wrong, so I dunno.

pt, I was curious how accurate the models would prove to be, so I started tracking the data at the end of March. At the time, we only had about 3,500 deaths in the U.S. The green, gold, and red lines are the projections they put out at the very end of March based on how strict we got with lockdown measures. The blue line is the actuals, and before anyone starts, I realize that we will never, ever know a true "actual" death count. But we seem to have no problem stating influenza deaths per year, even though those numbers are just estimated without using death certificates. I'm not sure based on this graph that they got the model all that wrong.

I still don't know the right course of action from the standpoint of what should open when. Just glad I don't have to make any of those calls!

1589808075589.png

I'm not an attorney but how anyone could possibly prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they contacted a virus in the confines of Neyland Stadium and not the day before, on the drive to the game, at the parking lot, walking to the game, etc.?

Plus there was an incident years outside the Hard Rock in Nashville where a city owned transformer blew up killing one and severely burning two. By state law Nashville's liability was limited to $250,000 for the incident. So the dead man's family and two survivors got to split 250k. Not saying that a bunch of Bart Durham types won't try to sue and wind up costing the university to defend itself but I can't see there being a big payday.

Face it, in our lawyer infested society, ambulance chaser lawyers would find a way to sue motherhood if they could milk a fee from the suite. As for Nashville, some of the local TV adds have lawyers saying "why didn't you call us? we're at the hospitals every day". Figuratively speaking, they will be at the stadiums every weekend too. Just wait and see.

Much like all businesses...restaurants, manufacturers, etc...some revenue is better than none. This is a probably a one year thing. The goal is to play SOME football. I know they're planning for a full slate, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an audible to only play conference games, where travel is more limited and gives some spacing between games for everyone's health. Even if that happens, most will be happy there's football. Personally, I think it's going to be tough... quarantine...don't know how you're going to avoid this sort of impact in CFB...it's going to happen...and then wsaw where one person in CA exposed 180 people to covid at a mothers day church service and all had to go into hat? IF someone on FL tests positive on Sept 27, the day after playing UT, what does that do for UT playing Miz and UF playing SC the next week? Not for me to figure out, but hope they do. Germany has apparently figured it out in soccer, so they'll have some models.

The key word here is "EXPOSED". Being exposed does not mean"infected". Hell, no telling how many times you, me, most of us VolNationers have been exposed.

Reactions: bullet20
Granny don’t fear anything. She hasn’t worn a mask or gloves during this whole thing m. She has been shopping and going to see her friends. Her and all of her friends are completely fine.

I'm in the "granny" class of "old farts" I have not quit going about my business as usually as near as I possible can. Call it dumb or naive if you so choose. But I have found more of my generation going about life as usual more than younger folks. Maybe we have taken more care interacting with other people than "before", but excepting this 'health stumbling block" for most of us IS life as usual. We've lived with this type stuff and worse all our lives.

The revenue lost by no fans is on the hands of the decision makers. It's a total farce that people can't make up their own mind. I can't wait to hear the excuse if the virus doesn't make any impact in the fall and we are playing in front of nobody. Meanwhile walmart will still be packing them in. It's all BS, and then they will say but but it's coming back next spring and so on. At some point americans are going to say the hell with all this BS, they are getting tired of being told where they can and cannot go. They are no true idea and many of these doctors are on agendas. Free will to the people decide, they can put you in and take your arses out of office. Might want to remember that. There is no reason to keep crippling the economy, the science is pure BS in the states going draconian and they will pay. God Bless and GBO!

What a joke

EXACTLY! Fear Mongers. Hell just take temps at the Gate; and IF YOU ARE REALLY THAT PARANOID-----Require Masks, and forbid anyone over 60. This thing is winding down, and it is hardly an issue for the Young and Healthy. All this crapola is orchestrated by the Mandatory Vaccine Proponents. FOR a 1% Death rate "Pandemic" that without all the Nursing Home Deaths (Poor People were not even Protected; CUOMO WHY? ) the Death toll is up to 50% Nursing home related! Take temps and get on with it! Isolate the Sick, Not the Healthy! and while you are at it, how about treating with something OTHER than Tylenol; BEFORE the disease has ravaged the Lungs!

Free will is the American way. Let the people decide what is best for them instead of the government. Period. Stadium official as well as fans can have sanitary wipes on hand for their personel use. There are many things they can do. GBO!
It’s not “free will” when you give it to someone else and of course the average age of someone dying from it is going to be high that is how viruses and diseases work but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t killing people who are much younger. Over 25k Americans under age 55 have died from it and most of them were men. I feel sorry for anyone who has lost their job or has lost someone to it not someone complaining about having to watch a football game on tv[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 08Vol
It’s not “free will” when you give it to someone else and of course the average age of someone dying from it is going to be high that is how viruses and diseases work but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t killing people who are much younger. Over 25k Americans under age 55 have died from it and most of them were men. I feel sorry for anyone who has lost their job or has lost someone to it not someone complaining about having to watch a football game on tv
[/QUOTE]

Strange. I'm seeing 80% of US covid deaths are 65 and older. We arent at 100,000 deaths yet and you claim 25,000 (more than 25%) are 55 and younger.

I think you are making up BS.

The revenue lost by no fans is on the hands of the decision makers. It's a total farce that people can't make up their own mind. I can't wait to hear the excuse if the virus doesn't make any impact in the fall and we are playing in front of nobody. Meanwhile walmart will still be packing them in. It's all BS, and then they will say but but it's coming back next spring and so on. At some point americans are going to say the hell with all this BS, they are getting tired of being told where they can and cannot go. They are no true idea and many of these doctors are on agendas. Free will to the people decide, they can put you in and take your arses out of office. Might want to remember that. There is no reason to keep crippling the economy, the science is pure BS in the states going draconian and they will pay. God Bless and GBO!

The science is pure bs?? You couldn’t sound like a bigger goofball if you tried. I guess you think that the nearly 100k Americans who have died were part of some vast conspiracy to take down Trump along with about 100 other countries. When you get infected with a virus, you don’t get to determine who you give it to and waving an American flag won’t give you magical powers to stop it. If you want to go bathe in Coronavirus, go right ahead but my wife is recovering from cancer treatments and I have to think of more people than myself so make sure you keep your 1st amendment “rights” to spread disease to yourself.

Strange. I'm seeing 80% of US covid deaths are 65 and older. We arent at 100,000 deaths yet and you claim 25,000 (more than 25%) are 55 and younger.

I think you are making up BS.[/QUOTE]

Strange isn’t it but you are welcome to go to the CDC and read it yourself

I think you are making up BS.

Strange isn’t it but you are welcome to go to the CDC and read it yourself[/QUOTE]

No thanks. You're free to back up your claim. Doubt you can.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
The key word here is "EXPOSED". Being exposed does not mean"infected". Hell, no telling how many times you, me, most of us VolNationers have been exposed.
You're obviously correct. That being said, there still has to be protocol when there is an exposure. Ignoring it probably isn't the best answer for parents of student athletes. Just my personal opinion, of course, but think this is why Fulmer voted against June 1 report date. Whatever the protocols are, they probably need to be established before everyone rushes onto campus.

Reactions: savannahfan
I have tried not to comment on these threads, but I've had enough. I work in health care, and I see the impact of this virus daily. A 35-year-old tri-athlete - no pre-existing conditions - who was on a ventilator for more than two weeks. An entire family (mom and adult children) taken by COVID. Doctors whom I respect and would trust my life to saying they've never seen anything like this in their careers. This is in the South - not in a hotspot state.

This is not a conspiracy. It's not a hoax. It's a virus that can and does kill indiscriminately. I hope those of you who don't believe it don't find out the hard way. And I hope my co-workers in health care aren't exposed when they have to care for you.

Don’t expect the mouth breathers to listen, they think they have already came in contact with it and it didn’t do anything to them. The fact of the matter is they haven’t and have no clue how they would respond. Ironically, a large portion of the US population has underlying health conditions like obesity and diabetes

Reactions: 08Vol and ohhbother
They have already announced their protocol. Donors and those that have bought tickets without a donation will have three options:
- Allow the Tennessee Fund to keep all or part of the money paid as a tax-deductible donation. (Deductible now because no tickets are attached to it)
- Apply the money to the 2021 donation and tickets
- Receive a full refund.

What hasn't been answered is how a refund would affect donor rank. My gut tells me that people that allow some or all their payment to be kept as a donation will move up in rank.
do you have a link to this?

VN Store

Back