Tennessee's Total Wins Set At 7

Well I hope JG does well. JMO I hope if we are ahead in some early games JP will let our backups play to get some seasoning under their belts. Surely we can have an 8-4 season.
I might be mistaken but I am 100% sure this has only ever happened once, and that was against ETSU in 2018...

Reactions: 08Vol
Most of these seniors are CBJ players so you have to factor that in.
The Botch players that are still there are are not horrible players. JG, Trey, Chandler, Jordan, Pope, Palmer, Brandon Johnson, Bumphus, Bennett, DeAndre Johnson, Jackson, & Buchanon if healthy will all have significant roles on the team this year. They all bought in to CJP and they are going into their 3rd year in the system. I believe it will be a pretty strong sr class considering what they went through over 4-5 yrs.

You could be right, I don't know. It would be
nice if he did. Probably just wishful thinking on my part.
I'm 100% with you. I have hoped over the past 2 years to see UT get a lead big enough to let some other QB's get some time. The offense just isn't good enough to establish that lead. And that ETSU game..the only QB who threw a TD was Chryst. Wow. I picked a horrible example! I'm not sure that JG has ever left the game because our lead was so secure that another QB could play. Its either he was hurt or pulled for playing terrible.

The Botch players that are still there are are not horrible players. JG, Trey, Chandler, Jordan, Pope, Palmer, Brandon Johnson, Bumphus, Bennett, DeAndre Johnson, Jackson, & Buchanon if healthy will all have significant roles on the team this year. They all bought in to CJP and they are going into their 3rd year in the system. I believe it will be a pretty strong sr class considering what they went through over 4-5 yrs.

Who do you think will beat us other than the 4? We will go 8-4 WITHOUT beating one of them.
This is what I was thinking. Even losing to all four of those teams, we're still going 8-4 unless I'm missing something. Unless you think we're going to lose to one of Arkansas, South Carolina or Missouri, on top of those four.

Last edited:
Well, I agree with JWF, which has me questioning my mental health. My prediction (without consulting Q Anon) is also 8-4. I think we beat one of the four we're supposed to lose, and lose one we are supposed to win.

7 wins is disappointing. Honestly, not sure if Pruitt is the guy if he only wins 8.

Nothing wrong with beating the 8 teams we have more talent than and losing to the 4 teams with better talent. This ship won’t be turned around over night, but everything is pointing in the right direction.

I see 7-5 myself. If we make 8-4 that means we beat one of GA, Bama, FL or OK. I just don't see that happening.
Oklahoma is the easiest one of those 4

Also we can lose to all four of those and still go 8-4 after all there are 12 games in a season and losing only four would have us a 8-4 regular season. 9-4 after we beat yet another big ten opponent for bowl game

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Should have been 8 - 8.5.

I see an upset against one of the 4 big games and there is always a possibility of an upset from the other 8 games.

With Spring Training in the toilet, that favors veteran teams like ours as opposed to teams rebuilding.

Our secondary and DL should be real good and I feel pretty good about LB.
OL will be above average at least, RB is good to great and I like the talent we are reloading with at WR/TE.
QB will be average, perhaps better.
Special teams should be special.

Last edited:
Should have be 8 - 8.5.

I see an upset against one of the 4 big games and there is always a possibility of an upset from the other 8 games.

With Spring Training in the toilet, that favors veteran teams like ours as opposed to teams rebuilding.

OL will be above average at least, RB is good to great and I like the talent we are reloading with at WR/TE.
Oklahoma has vet team too

Reactions: 08Vol
Should have be 8 - 8.5.

OL is the most talented unit on the team, yet you have them list as avg.+?

Reactions: jeff1vol

VN Store

Back