Is this a concern only to football ?

One followup poster posted:
What is two weeks supposed to change? The players can be tested as soon as they arrive on campus. They can be isolated until cleared. This is the easy part.

Correctomundo

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I would say it is a concern to everywhere and everything. There is a risk involved and up to each and every individual how much risk they want to take up until the time their is a vaccine. I would figure that eventually at least half or more of everything sports, colleges, etc with decide to take on the risk.

I would say it is a concern to everywhere and everything. There is a risk involved and up to each and every individual how much risk they want to take up until the time their is a vaccine. I would figure that eventually at least half or more of everything sports, colleges, etc with decide to take on the risk.
...and most will make uneducated decisions to return....

There are risks that I willingly expose myself to the moment I get out of bed in the morning. "Educated" decisions are, and have been, frequently wrong since they are often affected by profit motives, narratives, and political agendas. I will listen to and take into account the "educated" feedback. Then, I will put my trust in my own intuition and common sense.

There was an article in the Chicago Tribune this morning about the Illinois High School Association.
One thing they are considering is flipping baseball to fall and football to spring this next year. The theory being it’s easier to socially distance in baseball.
Who knows.

I've read in more than one place that some AD's abstained from voting. If....if that is true then Fulmer at least made his opinion known.

In the linked article it said 'Vast Majority' which leads me to believe it is true. The person with the KY Sports Radio has pretty much always had a axe to grind with anything UT.

Right. The same data that prooves the Earth is flat, that human life began just a few thousand years back, and that if you read it on the internet, it must be true.
Exactly. Data is subject to bias, incompetence, profit motives, and political agendas. That's why, after listening to data from "experts", I use my own intuition and common sense.

Does anyone know for sure how reliable those test are??? I have heard about 70%. I have heard it could be incubating in your body and won't show positive. And after testing negative you could pick it up 10 minutes after testing. But I heard that on the internet so who knows.
After saying all that, I believe there will be sports this fall unless there is a big virus outbreak because of fan pressure and the money involved. I also expect some changes and that might be interesting like mask requirements, distancing, or maybe severe restrictions on what fans can come to games.
I don't think anyone knows for sure what will happen 4 months from now.

There are risks that I willingly expose myself to the moment I get out of bed in the morning. "Educated" decisions are, and have been, frequently wrong since they are often affected by profit motives, narratives, and political agendas. I will listen to and take into account the "educated" feedback. Then, I will put my trust in my own intuition and common sense.

+1,000. This is a great post Caspian!

The number of people I've run into every week since this started who come armed with "Educated" death stats, infection stats, international stats, contamination stats, and loads of other info is staggering. They've gleaned all this from thier TAv and internet media. And there is one GIGANTIC common denominator in all of it ... They "facts" are wildly varying, constantly changing, and continue to be utterly manipulated and untrustworthy!

So yeah, go flip on your TV, choose your expert, and start obeying like dumb sheep. Nope, when you've lived several decades and witnessed a thing or two, then use your God-given sense to guide you, at least a little.

Everyone is looking for a miracle vaccine that will solve the problem.
What is the name of the flu vaccine that so absolutely works, cures, stops flu in its tracks?
None in both cases as for now.
We take yearly preventive flu shots. The present crisis may end up being the same. Preventive vaccines in both cases. Two preventive shots annually instead of one.
It is time to save the economy (country.) Our virus situation is similar to our wars. Patriots die bravely in our wars. Americans will die regardless of how long we wait about going back to work because of this virus scare. Authorities need to accept the fact that some people are going to get sick under their watch and they will get some public blame. The future of the country is at risk.

What is the name of the flu vaccine that so absolutely works, cures, stops flu in its tracks?
We take yearly preventive flu shots. The present crisis may end up being the same. Preventive vaccines in both cases. Two preventive shots annually instead of one.
It is time to save the economy (country.) Our virus situation is similar to our wars. Patriots die bravely in our wars. Americans will die regardless of how long we wait about going back to work because of this virus scare. Authorities need to accept the fact that some people are going to get sick under their watch and they will get some public blame. The future of the country is at risk.

I’m all in on what you say but would only add (change) “future” to immediate future or even present. We’re on the precipice of a major shift.

Reactions: Chippo
Excellent post. I was okay with slowing things down and being careful for a few weeks. But it’s gone on long enough. 20% of the workforce has lost jobs in the past 2 months. Every week that this continues another 2-3 million will.
We may never have a vaccine for this. If we do, it won’t be till next year sometime.
Enough is enough.

I think most reasonable people would agree this has taken a huge political turn (for example see the bill introduced in the House last week) and once that happens all bets are off. We ABSOLUTELY must get back to work----NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! The government CAN NOT continue to hand out money like a drunken sailor. It's up to individuals to protect themselves now. There's many politicians and media outlets who have lost their chance to tell me anything that I can believe to be true. And that started years ago and has continued unchecked. Most Americans now understand this (it took me several years to educate my 90 year old mother lol). So for the students and athletes return its up to the parents to make their own decisions when the date is decided. BUT at some point we gotta get back at it...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!

Good post, but unfortunately this country is way too politically divided.As the Bible says, every man does what's right in his own eyes.
What you and I think is common sense is propoganda to others. If people are honest your post hits the nail on the head.

This is not a new idea or original with me but a great opportunity exists for manufactured medicated, disposal, "fan suits" that breathing can be directed into.
The clear plastic face shields on the market are not expensive. There can be outfits for both outside and inside use. For eating and drinking there needs to be tabled areas away from the bleachers where distancing and other safety measures can be maintained for limited numbers of patrons at a time. Sports are worth this and other inventive measures.
Scanning of body temperatures can be done at entrances with heat sensing military technology. This type product for business use is already on the market.

So...you would gamble on an uneducated decision vs an educated decision that "could be wrong" ? You seem to be "uneducated" in the every sense of the word. That is not using logic or rational thinking.

Reactions: Amb3096 and stllvf

VN Store

Back