'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

Maybe he is like a lot of us and can this awesome recruiting class with 3 bad ax backers committed already. Idk but some kids want the jobs handed to em.1589601474834.gif

Is this thread still active.

giphy.gif

You don’t say? First I’ve heard of it.
That was for those who may not have followed the whole thread. Knocking a TN kid for going elsewhere when there is big pressure at home isn't cool. Especially in this particular situation. I'm sure he feels that he owes them alot. I'm also pretty sure that he respects their opinion and guidance as well.

That was for those who may not have followed the whole thread. Knocking a TN kid for going elsewhere when there is big pressure at home isn't cool. Especially in this particular situation. I'm sure he feels that he owes them alot. I'm also pretty sure that he respects their opinion and guidance as well.

I actually thought you were joking, repeating something that’s been thoroughly hashed out like it was new information. I was playing along. Or so I thought.

If he wants to go to Michigan, then I wish him well. I just hope that's his choice, and not his parent's choice. And yes, I may joke, but I feel the same way with the young men who come to UT. Ultimately, it should be up to these young men which path they take. I will never knock parents advising their kids, but I fully believe when they reach college age, you let them choose their own way.

Just to add to this.. His guardians have been selling him on Michigan for years.. I took my daughter to the UT campus at age 13.. We are not local to Knoxville. After that we visited several campuses from Northwestern to Massachusetts.. I didn't push her to UT, but I planted the seed early.. She actually had a few high school teachers to give her negative comments on UT.. Long story short, she ultimately made the decision as I would support her wherever she chose.. She picked the best option for her, and is at UT. She is very happy. In a sense, I did the same as his guardian, but I would have been happy no matter where she went.. I just wanted her to go.. If she had a free ride to a out of state college, I personally think she may have gone because of the teachers talking negative on UT. Now that she is at UT, she sees that these teachers were wrong. I hope it works out for this kid. I'm certain he probably wants to go to both places, and is very torn.. Huge step and life changing for sure.

VN Store

Back