Will there be football in 2020?

Does he prefer King Fauci or Emperor Fauci?

Lol. He’s an advisor. He advises. Trump can either listen to him or not. Up to this point it’s been a mixed bag of both following his advice and ignoring it. I don’t understand why everyone thinks this guy is somehow the wizard behind the curtain wielding all this power. People ask him questions, he gives answers according to his experience and the available data. That’s about it.

Lol. He’s an advisor. He advises. Trump can either listen to him or not. Up to this point it’s been a mixed bag of both following his advice and ignoring it. I don’t understand why everyone thinks this guy is somehow the wizard behind the curtain wielding all this power. People ask him questions, he gives answers according to his experience and the available data. That’s about it.
Thanks for that blinding glimpse of the blatantly obvious.

Problem is he's being made out as an infallible expert by many in the media and on the left.

Problem is he's being made out as an infallible expert by many in the media and on the left.

Or maybe people just want answers from someone who knows what they’re talking about with regards to a disease? When it comes to matters of health, people are going to put more stock into what a health expert says. I personally don’t think he knows everything about everything, but given the amount of information and disinformation out there, I’m probably going to trust the information more coming from a person who’s studied infectious disease his entire professional career over that of someone who has no such experience. Would you ask a carpenter to fix your plumbing? Would you ask a car mechanic to fix your landscaping? No expert has all the right answers all the time. And his advice is clearly not solely relied on to make decisions within this administration. I don’t think the guy needs to be demonized for answering questions honestly and in accordance with his own experience and the data that’s available.

Last edited:
Fauci isn't the only health expert nor are all in agreement. Fauci is being extra careful after the comments he made is early January about this being nothing to be worried about here. So he isn't beyond being wrong. Folks are going to open, and people are going to start getting out. They are going to have to get over it, I see no real proof that they know how it's going to turn out. It's time to let the people decide where they go and closely monitor instead of trying to handcuff a nation. Don't put all your marbles on one mans opinions, I imagine they listen to a entire network of trained doctors. Some act like only Fauci's opinion matters, many others are just as qualified as he is and opinions are all over the place. It's time to open and monitor, as far as California acted bat crazy with a 3 month extention good luck with dealing with all that dictatorship, NOT. God Bless and GBO!

And just as many on the other side are placing Judy Mikovits on a pedestal as well. That's a big problem with our country. People blindly tune in to the people who tell them what they want to hear. That's the whole basis for 24-hour news channels. They just feed into what they know you want to hear, and they know the viewers will lap it up. They're willing to completely ignore the red flags that accompany the message.

I have no idea what the right answers are in all this mess, and that's frustrating to me. I do think Fauci has infinitely more credibility than Mikovits, but I still question the overall strategy. Some of these decisions seem completely arbitrary, like who gets to work and who is out of luck. Some on the left get irate at those on the right for wanting to go back to work, but those same people have underlying expectations that other "essential" workers keep going to work so they can keep living comfortably at home with grocery stores, Amazon, convenience stores, etc open. So they're perfectly fine with a segment of our country working and putting themselves at risk, but not others?

Will we play football in 2020? I sure hope so, even if it means no fans.

Hope everyone is well. At the end of the day, this is hard on all of us.

If we don't get back to work none of this will matter, the virus cannot stop life. At some point people are gonna go on about their business. We cannot stay holed up forever, some are hell bent on moving the goal post. At some point americans are gonna say enough. I hope the leaders listen and think hard about their actions. That doesn't mean we can't monitor but we must forge ahead in life. God Bless and GBO!

It's the unknown. We are not sure what this virus can do to a human body. Reports are coming in it can cause blood clots. So you may feel great, then aortic clot and die. That's the thing we don't know what it does to the body. What do you think Trey Smith should do based on this info? Think he should risk it? He's already at risk for clotting.

Also, not gonna be able to play. Listening to 102.5 and they brought up a great point. Let's say offensive lineman test positive on Tuesday. He's been hanging out with the whole offensive line for 2 days. Now Saturday rolls around and 9 AM before a 11 kickoff the whole offensive line test positive. Does that mean we have to play our second line? What if our QB is out for game day? I dont think we are thinking about possibilities that are real. No way for those gamblers to take a chance as no one will know who might not be ok to play.

Under the scenario you lay out, I think it far more likely that the entire team would have to be quarantined. This is what I posted about previously. And what if the player tests positive the day after a game has been played? It is possible the opposing team would have to be quarantined too. I just don't see how it would work.

And just as many on the other side are placing Judy Mikovits on a pedestal as well. That's a big problem with our country. People blindly tune in to the people who tell them what they want to hear. That's the whole basis for 24-hour news channels. They just feed into what they know you want to hear, and they know the viewers will lap it up. They're willing to completely ignore the red flags that accompany the message.

I have no idea what the right answers are in all this mess, and that's frustrating to me. I do think Fauci has infinitely more credibility than Mikovits, but I still question the overall strategy. Some of these decisions seem completely arbitrary, like who gets to work and who is out of luck. Some on the left get irate at those on the right for wanting to go back to work, but those same people have underlying expectations that other "essential" workers keep going to work so they can keep living comfortably at home with grocery stores, Amazon, convenience stores, etc open. So they're perfectly fine with a segment of our country working and putting themselves at risk, but not others?

Well thank God, CNN has come to it's senses and added a true undeniable expert to its panel of pandemic experts.

Greta Thunberg

Reactions: HalfullVol

Just because he doesn’t always toe the Trump line of crap, now he’s the village idiot? Given the choice of Fauci or the rest of the dim bulbs on the podium with Trump, he most certainly qualifies as an an “expert”. Not infallible but he is most certainly the smartest one on that stage. Of course, that’s not a real high bar.

Just because he doesn’t always toe the Trump line of crap, now he’s the village idiot? Given the choice of Fauci or the rest of the dim bulbs on the podium with Trump, he most certainly qualifies as an an “expert”. Not infallible but he is most certainly the smartest one on that stage. Of course, that’s not a real high bar.
Hahaha we will see who is the dumb one when Bumbling Biden attempts to debate this fall

Was watching Finebaum today and there were a couple of interesting comments made that I hadn’t thought of. (1) One of his guests said that the ability to test is going to be a big key to being able to play the games. Before a Saturday game, probably on Friday, for liability reasons the schools are going to have to test every person that will be on the sideline or in the locker room. Players, coaches, officials, trainers, water boys, etc. The guest didn’t quote a figure but he said the tests are currently very expensive and each school is going to have to foot that bill before every game for, I figure, at least 100 people. This guy said there is no way the schools can play without everybody being tested. (2) A caller asked a pretty good question about Tre Smith. Considering the effects of the virus on people with certain conditions and with his past clotting issues, does Tre Smith take the chance? I’m sure Tre ain’t scared but, when you think about it seriously, there are things to consider that are outside the scope of a game.

Reactions: tricitiesvolsfan

Refreshing to see a sensible, reasonable response—especially amongst all the questioning of Fauci’s credibility and “liberal media” rhetoric. It amazes me how someone could so easily dismiss Fauci’s resume. The guy is widely considered the world’s foremost expert.

Refreshing to see a sensible, reasonable response—especially amongst all the questioning of Fauci’s credibility and “liberal media” rhetoric. It amazes me how someone could so easily dismiss Fauci’s resume. The guy is widely considered the world’s foremost expert.

Because different actual experts say different things and even Fauci saids there are no absolutes. He was WRONG when he said it was not a big deal or was he? He was WRONG and so were Oxford guys when they said 1-2 million would die. There has been a small upward bump in overall deaths overall in total deaths in this period compared with the same number of total deaths in previous years. Fact is the Fauci makes educated guesses and are very cautious because if he is wrong and nothing too bad happens it’s all good. Opposite happens and his career is in the toilet. IHME changed Tennessee last night from the 530ish mark to like 302 and that’s with reopening. They don’t have a freaking clue and it’s time to live life and when it’s time to die then we do. You get this and it can be bad. But it’s bad for what is beginning to appear to be a very small number compared to all who get infected.

VN Store

Back