Tennessee in position to win the East in 2020

Tennessee’s 2020 football schedule with game-by-game predictions.

Vols' 2020 football schedule with game-by-game score predictions

“[T]he Southeastern Conference’s best coaching staff....”. The first place that the author lost me.... Yes, this staff seems to be an upgrade over what we’ve had, but it is not the best staff in the SEC right now. Sorry.

And then the author puts up pure fantasy in the predictions. We might squeak a win over Florida or Georgia (would still be a surprise), but predicting wins over both.

Did D4H write that?

“[T]he Southeastern Conference’s best coaching staff....”. The first place that the author lost me.... Yes, this staff seems to be an upgrade over what we’ve had, but it is not the best staff in the SEC right now. Sorry.

And then the author puts up pure fantasy in the predictions. We might squeak a win over Florida or Georgia (would still be a surprise), but predicting wins over both.

Did D4H write that?

I agree. The staff has proven they can recruit but we lost several assistants with big-time SEC experience and mostly replaced them with far less proven coaches. It's not to say they aren't better but there's little factual evidence to prove that our staff are the best game day coaches in the SEC....

Did D4H write that?
Ha, that’s what I asked! We know he didn’t since it had us losing.

Did D4H write that?
If it mentioned Nubian Egyptian God Kings reigning over earth until the 1300's it probably was him.

Tennessee hasn’t been competitive with Florida or Ga the last two years. It would be a big step to win the East considering that and Alabama is on the schedule.
We do have an easier conference schedule than UGA but they’re also better than we are and if you lose head to head that’s basically 2 games unless we pulled a 3-way tie with them and UF. It’s possible but not likely this year.

Reactions: 08Vol
As much as I would like to see those results (10-2, losses only to bubba and sooners) I think it is a bit of a stretch to steal both the Fl and Ga games. I think stealing one is certainly possible though.

I would feel pretty confident if we had a QB that matched the OL but that still has to shake out and right now, JG is still the weakest link, or at least the most unpredictable one. If HB was in his 2nd year starting I would be gunning for them all but I think it will take one more year before the East is a plausible bet.

Honestly, this team has enough talent and experience to win the SEC. It's very unlikely but it'll come down to our QB play. If our QB play is All-SEC level then I can see us in the SEC champ.

LSU, UGA, BAMA have all lost their starting QBs and lost tons of talent.

Reactions: preacherwebb
200.gif

Did D4H write that?

First, that is the old Tennessee thinking, we can't win...........because of what? This coaching staff is one of the best in the east, I feel these games could be just as the writer said, this defense is going to put the offense in short field situations....................A LOT, and that my friends will turn into quick scores...............I AM BUYING

Last edited:
I firmly believe we have the best staff in the sec, possibly second behind LSU. I think we have the best coordinators on both sides of the ball. Auburn's staff is good as well. Bama and Georgia have both trailed off a little bit as far as coaches, but still recruit better than anyone else. Our position coaches a possibly a little weaker on defense, but it's really hard to argue with Jay Graham, Tee Martin, Chris Weinke, and Will Friend on offense.

As for the score prediction of the article, maybe that's getting a little ahead of ourselves. I feel fairly good about 8 games, and I'd be happy getting 1 out of the big 4 games, and ecstatic about getting 2.

Sorry, I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see a team barely able to beat Indiana minus 5 of their best players (Jennings, Calloway, Taylor, Warrior & Butili) winning the SEC East.

Reactions: 08Vol and ScottyP5
I guess the author thinks that our offense is going to take a monumental step forward this year...wow

Tennessee goes 11-1 regular season with loss to Oklahoma on the road and wins East and loses to Auburn in the title game. 11-2 heading to New Years six bowl to play Penn St. and curb stomps James Franklin's ass!
Finish 12-2 ranked #5.

VN Store

Back