'21 VA CB Tony Grimes (North Carolina commit)

Weren't we supposed to NOT be in his top 8?
i think you're right. i thought we were out of it. until very recently.

wonder why?

lol. but it is a good point. we weren't a factor not all that long ago. so....it's not over i guess?

Getting bored during games is gonna back to bite Clemson sooner or later. Sam Howell is the bright spot for Carolina. If he had more weapons he be a real threat to win some individual awards he’s that good.
Eventually it will because I think it’s impossible to keep up this pace . I just don’t think anyone in the ACC is close right now. I don’t think Clemson will be half-assing it if they see UNC in Charlotte.

Sam Howell is really good, I’ll give you that .

If Bryce goes pro what true corner did we take in the last two classes that would start over this kid? Also last years Champs “played that ball”. Their best corner was a true freshman and a consensus All American.
Please understand that Stingley would of been a top 5 pick this year. Please don’t compare with a kid who hasn’t even started his senior year. Also WB is more than capable once Bryce leaves.

Reactions: jakez4ut
So Kirby Smart is turning out to be UGA’s Butch Jones with a bowl cut, Dan Mullen is Florida’s Butch Jones with a creepy wife and Butch Jones is still Butch Jones at Bama.. and we’re having one of the best recruiting streaks around. is this real life?
To be fair, Mullen may be as corny as Butch but he's a far better coach. We just need to be glad that he's not a great recruiter with all that talent in Florida.

To be fair, Mullen may be as corny as Butch but he's a far better coach. We just need to be glad that he's not a great recruiter with all that talent in Florida.
football accument aside, he seems to have the same leadership qualities as butch...which is what matters to culture.....and right now, FL's culture has issues.

GA, it's kinda the same thing.....just not as noticeable b/c of the talent gap. but i think there's some issues below the surface there too....everybody's just blinded by LED lights and top 3 recruiting classes. to me, it almost reminds me of what we went thru here post 2001.

you started seeing chinks in the armour, but you kept getting top talent, we kept winning games, we went to two more SEC title games....but it's rotting inside out. and by the time it became apparent to everyone, it was too late.

GA is fine for now, and they can still right their ship for the long term, but i can see them being on a similar path with some of hte things that have been going on down there.......

With CJP and this defensive staff I am not surprised were in his top 8. I hope he sees what this staff would be able to do to further his career down the road.

VFL...GBO

Reactions: T Dog
Please understand that Stingley would of been a top 5 pick this year. Please don’t compare with a kid who hasn’t even started his senior year. Also WB is more than capable once Bryce leaves.

So we can’t compare him to Stingley because he hasn’t started his senior year, but you can say that he won’t start as a freshman? That’s some kooky mental gymnastics. How about maybe just stating that we’ve got some good talent in front of him and you think it would be difficult for him to be a starter year one? Sounds way less D4H.

yeah dude quit digging the hole deeper with bad take after bad take, a freshman starting corner doesn't mean that we're screwed is the point, plenty of FR have played corner successfully with Stingley being the most glaring success, heck Bryce Thompson was a freshman All-American 2 years ago

Reactions: sonofUT62
So we can’t compare him to Stingley because he hasn’t started his senior year, but you can say that he won’t start as a freshman? That’s some kooky mental gymnastics. How about maybe just stating that we’ve got some good talent in front of him and you think it would be difficult for him to be a starter year one? Sounds way less D4H.
That’s literally my entire point..... I didn’t bring up stingley.... what?

Last edited:
yeah dude quit digging the hole deeper with bad take after bad take, a freshman starting corner doesn't mean that we're screwed is the point, plenty of FR have played corner successfully with Stingley being the most glaring success, heck Bryce Thompson was a freshman All-American 2 years ago
So then you clearly don’t understand that Bryce and alonte started out of necessity.... we don’t have that issue anymore guy.... bad take after bad take lolz... I’m one of the most consistent non pumper for HS kids starting as true freshman. Everyone in this forum besides a few hype up kids way too much before they have even take a step on campus. You clearly aren’t in that group

That’s literally my entire point..... I didn’t bring up stingley.... what?

You said that we didn’t play true fresh anymore and I pointed out that last years champs did it. You then responded that it was ridiculous to compare a kid to Stingley who hadn’t played as a senior. I pointed out that it was equally ridiculous to say he wouldn’t play as a freshmen when he hadn’t played his senior year.

You said that we didn’t play true fresh anymore and I pointed out that last years champs did it. You then responded that it was ridiculous to compare a kid to Stingley who hadn’t played as a senior. I pointed out that it was equally ridiculous to say he wouldn’t play as a freshmen when he hadn’t played his senior year.
Why is that ridiculous? Do you see Grimes who is a Jr is Hs right now and not committed to us being a top 5 nfl draft pick. No you don’t. I think you confused yourself getting wound up. Take a step back and chill

Why is that ridiculous? Do you see Grimes who is a Jr is Hs right now and not committed to us being a top 5 nfl draft pick. No you don’t. I think you confused yourself getting wound up. Take a step back and chill

It wasn’t known that Stingley was going to be a top 5 draft pick when he was a junior in HS. Once again you didn’t say he would have trouble finding the field. You stated we “don’t play that ball anymore “ when it comes to starting true freshman. As if your opinion was the only source on the matter. When another poster reminded you that it was a message board you doubled down on your expertise. Maybe you need to chill.

It wasn’t known that Stingley was going to be a top 5 draft pick when he was a junior in HS. Once again you didn’t say he would have trouble finding the field. You stated we “don’t play that ball anymore “ when it comes to starting true freshman. As if your opinion was the only source on the matter. When another poster reminded you that it was a message board you doubled down on your expertise. Maybe you need to chill.
Expertise lol bro I’m just a guy... we shouldn’t have another true freshman starting in our secondary for a long time under Pruitt. We have two of the best DB coaches in the country. Bryce didn’t see the field because he was so talented. He did because there was no one else. “We don’t have that issue anymore” meaning we don’t have a need to start true freshman because we have depth at the position. Thinking a true freshman coming in and starting under Pruitt at current state is foolish. That’s my point. That is all. Have a good day guy

He is an excellent coach. As of now, Pruitt is the better recruiter and Mullen is the better on field coach

Expertise lol bro I’m just a guy... we shouldn’t have another true freshman starting in our secondary for a long time under Pruitt. We have two of the best DB coaches in the country. Bryce didn’t see the field because he was so talented. He did because there was no one else. “We don’t have that issue anymore” meaning we don’t have a need to start true freshman because we have depth at the position. Thinking a true freshman coming in and starting under Pruitt at current state is foolish. That’s my point. That is all. Have a good day guy

So Pruitt started Ramsey all 13 games as a true freshman on a National Championship team because he had no one else? Saban only started Brown, Minkah, Humphrey and Surtain as freshman because his recruiting was barren and he had no one else? Who was our best defensive player the last time we played in SECCG? Oh....a true freshman defensive back. Talent will play regardless of class and Pruitt has already proven it. Otherwise Shannon Reid and Marcus Tatum would have still been on the team. That’s all. Have a good day.

He is an excellent coach. As of now, Pruitt is the better recruiter and Mullen is the better on field coach
I don't think Mullen is any better than Pruitt at game prep and player development. Where Mullen has the coaching advantage is during the game. He makes great decisions and manages his team really well so they are usually on the winning side of close games. I do think Pruitt improved a lot in this area last season.

VN Store

Back