'21 MD LB Aaron Willis (Tennessee signee - In the portal)

He’s complaining about having a lot of 3*s when a good chunk of them should be 4*s.

A lot of these kids haven’t even been fairly evaluated yet due to COVID 19.

After today, if we dropped all of our 3 stars - our class would still sit at #5 nationally. And the average would jump to about 93. I've made a lengthy post in the past about why a straight "average rating" is a useless statistic for class rankings - for the most part - a metric that gets better with the subtraction of talent isn't functional.

Honestly I only see Jones and Evans cut right now.
A couple more could also get recruited over if we have a good season but yeah the vast majority should be high three stars or four stars and even guys from the services have hinted as much based on their film. For example deshawn Rucker will be a low to mid 4 star. This class will land in the top 5

Reactions: TrippieRedd
1acartoon-weird-stick-up-butt.jpg

Think about this if we hang on to Brooks and Lewis. Get Willis, Mondon and Colson that will be 4 Rivals top 100 maybe top 50 LBs when it’s all said and done. We will have the chance to have a class with a:

5* ILB
5* OLB
5* DE
High 4* ILB
High 4* OLB

The rest of the class could be absolute slaw ranked 25th and this crew alone could have you competing for championships.

A key importance to me is the average rating rather than the ranking itself. The last two years we've been around/above a .90 which is where we have to be every year. (Yeah last yeah is technically .89 but remember we had a long snapper dragging it down. If you take his average out, it would easily be above a .90) this class should be easily when it's all said and down as well. We are on our way.

Last edited:
We are down at about 9 or 10 on avg rating per player .. and the teams above us in avg have less committed but are in on alot of 4 and 5 stars .. so I expect we stay about 7 to 10 when all said and done ..
Which would be another great class. But with mo like this...too early to put a cap on it. We will probably push/lose 5-10 guys anyway. Lots of churning will occur this Fall.

I don't block anybody. Can't think of a more millenial thing to do lol.
Lol I am far from a millenial, but old enough not to want to waste my precious time with those continuously starting something. Cat and Gucci are fine, but Tad and a few others are just a total waste of time.

A key importance to me is the average rating rather than the ranking itself. The last two years we've been about a .90 which is where we have to be every year. (Yeah last yeah is technically .89 but remember we had a long snapper dragging it down. If you take his average out, it would easily be above a .90) this class should be easily when it's all said and down as well. We are on our way.

I've maintained that only the Top 15 rated prospects should factor into the average.

The 25 per class / 85 total scholarships alone points to the fact that you can totally reach on 4 prospects per year and not technically have room for them. Factor in the amount of redshirts and medical redshirts each year and that space keeps shrinking. At minimum, you're probably needing to shed an average of 10 kids per class. The cream will rise.

VN Store

Back