'21 Class Includes Only 2 TN Players - #15 and #21 In-State

MontyPython

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
17 of 19 recruits for the 2021 class are from out of state. The 2 commits in-state boys are ranked #15 and #21 within TN.

Should this be of concern? Any reason why we're not attracting in-state talent?

Hard to complain about the class but I do hope Pruitt is able to get the top kids from Tennessee wanting to go to Tennessee in the future . Right now he and a lot of his coaches have better relationships with programs in Georgia, Alabama and Florida. I hope he is building those relationships in Tennessee because I do like seeing local kids wearing orange.

I think Pruitt neglected the 19 in-state kids a bit. He made in-state more of a priority for 20. The 21 crop is much weaker than 19 or 20 so that's why the focus on out of state kids..

We pulled the number 1 recruit in AL at any position. If we land the QB and LB tomorrow, we will have landed 11 players ranked 4 stars or better in the last 2 weeks.

We will have landed 11 players ranked 4* or better in the last 2 weeks.

Nationwide, every show about recruiting or college football is talking bout Tennessee. If we can maintain close to this level...just consistently pull in top 10 classes every year...we will land bigtime recruits from Tennessee and everywhere else. These kids want to play where they can win championships. At this level of recruiting...WE ARE 1 OF THOSE TEAMS.

GO VOLS GO VOLS GO VOLS GO VOLS GO!!

17 of 19 recruits for the 2021 class are from out of state. The 2 commits in-state boys are ranked #15 and #21 within TN.

I have never in my life read such silliness. We have the top ranked class in the SEC and you are worried because it doesn't have more from Tennessee!!!! It is either the star children or the miserable minority constantly worrying and complaining about everything. Can you people not just be happy with good news without feeling the need to create something to stress out about. Hmmm....well.....creating panic by creating news......seems somehow appropriate these days.

I have never in my life read such silliness. We have the top ranked class in the SEC and you are worried because it doesn't have more from Tennessee!!!! It is either the star children or the miserable minority constantly worrying and complaining about everything. Can you people not just be happy with good news without feeling the need to create something to stress out about. Hmmm....well.....creating panic by creating news......seems somehow appropriate these days.

No complaints here

- star children

Reactions: Doberman
Best recruiting I have ever seen at UT...because CJP has looked at the holes and places we really needed help...and then landed 5 stars and high 4 stars to fill those holes. Over and over again.

2 years ago, CJP first year...we COULD NOT run the ball in from the 2yd line. Ever. Our offensive line was maybe the worst in the SEC. This season, we may have the BEST in the SEC...with 4 GUYS HEADED TO THE NFL. Both OT sophomores, plus Smith, and May's. All 4 are projected to go pro.

When was the last time we had 4 guys from the Oline going to the NFL....2001?????

CJP is gonna bring us back to championships.

Best recruiting I have ever seen at UT...because CJP has looked at the holes and places we really needed help...and then landed 5 stars and high 4 stars to fill those holes. Over and over again.

2 years ago, CJP first year...we COULD NOT run the ball in from the 2yd line. Ever. Our offensive line was maybe the worst in the SEC. This season, we may have the BEST in the SEC...with 4 GUYS HEADED TO THE NFL. Both OT sophomores, plus Smith, and May's. All 4 are projected to go pro.

When was the last time we had 4 guys from the Oline going to the NFL....2001?????

CJP is gonna bring us back to championships.
giphy.gif

We pulled the number 1 recruit in AL at any position. If we land the QB and LB tomorrow, we will have landed 11 players ranked 4 stars or better in the last 2 weeks.

Nationwide, every show about recruiting or college football is talking bout Tennessee. If we can maintain close to this level...just consistently pull in top 10 classes every year...we will land bigtime recruits from Tennessee and everywhere else. These kids want to play where they can win championships. At this level of recruiting...WE ARE 1 OF THOSE TEAMS.

Who is supposed to commit tomorrow? Just so I can follow and look for it?

Nationwide, every show about recruiting or college football is talking bout Tennessee. If we can maintain close to this level...just consistently pull in top 10 classes every year...we will land big time recruits from Tennessee and everywhere else. These kids want to play where they can win championships. At this level of recruiting...WE ARE 1 OF THOSE TEAMS.

And this staff can develop talent which also is a big draw. If they get developed they perform better get noticed & drafted + winning will attract more recruits.

Reactions: feathersax
I suppose it would be a problem if we were having to go out of state because we couldn't recruit in state. anymore But actually, I think we're going out of state because the grass is simply greener this year. The quality of commitments is quite high.

That said, it WOULD be nice to always have an inside track on any 5- and 4-star recruits being produced here. Best of both worlds.

This looks like a facetious post. I hope it is, anyway. We probably won't sign Junior Colson, but who in the heck cares? We are recruiting linebackers as well as anyone at the moment, including Alabama.

Reactions: escapegoat2
No.

Only a couple of guys still left In-State worth going after comprehensive to what we are getting commitments from and still targeting out-of-state.

Tray Curry imo is more physically talented than any other WR we have committed right now. Nixon, Merril, and Roc Taylor are all good looking WRs too, but Curry could be special with great coaching.

A couple of big uglies left In-State too. But that's it

VN Store

Back