Will there be football in 2020?

There will be fans in the stands. YouTube Dr. Judy Mikovits and tell me what you think.

She should have Dr. Fauci’s job, and he should be shipped to China to live for the rest of his life, what a con guy!
And, I’m disappointed in Trump not firing him.

Purdue just announced major changes to the academic year. Reading this it doesn’t sound promising they’ll have fans at games.

Purdue trustees address pandemic response measures

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue University’s Board of Trustees on Thursday (May 7) approved an initial set of what will be several measures designed to prepare the university to return to on-campus instruction for the fall 2020 semester while placing protection of the people of Purdue at the highest priority.

Trustees acted on measures recommended by the Safe Campus Task Force. The board also has set a meeting for May 26 when it will consider an additional set of actions to ensure the West Lafayette campus can continue its vital learning, research and engagement missions in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We are extremely grateful to the entire Purdue community, especially the Safe Campus Task Force, for its response thus far to this unprecedented challenge we are facing,” said Michael Berghoff, chair of the Board of Trustees.

Trustees on Thursday approved a resolution authorizing the university’s leadership to take action:

• To provide for an academic calendar for the fall 2020 semester that allows on-campus classroom instruction to start in August and finish by Thanksgiving break, with the balance of the semester to be completed thereafter by remote means and methods, and with the elimination of customary fall breaks and other adjustments necessary to accomplish this schedule.
  • To de-densify on-campus work spaces significantly, with a target of reducing the number of administrative employees working on campus by at least one-third through the encouragement and enabling of telework and other remote work considerations.
  • To establish and implement a systematic testing regime, both for those with COVID-19 symptoms and those without, together with a mechanism for actively and accurately tracing contacts of those who test positive for the virus.
  • To add the annual influenza vaccination to the immunization requirements for enrolled students, faculty and staff as a condition to being on campus.
  • To order, acquire and maintain at least a 90-day supply of critical equipment and supplies for reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 on campus.
  • To identify and set aside a substantial number of rooms for the quarantining of those who may test positive for COVID-19 while on campus, the precise number to be determined based on student enrollment and medical developments.
With the directives approved by trustees, campus leaders now will work on an aggressive timeline for implementation and will provide updated announcements to the campus community as decisions are made. Updates also will continue to be posted to the COVID-19 response website.

So, if I read this correctly they are requiring a flu vaccine before being admitted to the university. If so, that is scary communism!

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
She has been a major player in the anti-vax community for years.

I could be wrong, but I do not think that she is 100% against all vaccines. Im not part of the anti vaccine mindset but there have been a few that I am glad I did not have. Sad thing is usually it is years down the road until we know of any adverse affects from them.

I could be wrong, but I do not think that she is 100% against all vaccines. Im not part of the anti vaccine mindset but there have been a few that I am glad I did not have. Sad thing is usually it is years down the road until we know of any adverse affects from them.

I don't know her perspective on each and every vaccine. What I do know is that she makes her living by appealing to the anti-vax community. She has had no legitimate medical career since her one notable paper was retracted and she stole her employer's property.

She may not be "100% against all vaccines," but her claim that she's not anti-vax is unmitigated BS.

Reactions: Purple Tiger

In the PowerPoint presentation she sent to Science, she calls for an “immediate moratorium” on all vaccines
Fact-checking Judy Mikovits, the controversial virologist attacking Anthony Fauci in a viral conspiracy video

Reactions: Purple Tiger
I don't know her perspective on each and every vaccine. What I do know is that she makes her living by appealing to the anti-vax community. She has had no legitimate medical career since her one notable paper was retracted and she stole her employer's property.

She may not be "100% against all vaccines," but her claim that she's not anti-vaxx is unmitigated BS.

ok, I sincerely respect your opinion.
But, I do think this is just an example of the bigger overall objective being taken advantage of with this virus. And that is, 1) it is another way to split and divide the peoples opinions, (which I personally control and refuse to allow with me.
2. to make us feel like the government is our savior.
3. put more restrictions on us and change our habits to more of what the government wants

ok, I sincerely respect your opinion.
But, I do think this is just an example of the bigger overall objective being taken advantage of with this virus. And that is, 1) it is another way to split and divide the peoples opinions, (which I personally control and refuse to allow with me.
2. to make us feel like the government is our savior.
3. put more restrictions on us and change our habits to more of what the government wants

Fair enough. I simply caution you from tauting the conclusions of someone who happens to disgaree with policies with which you also disagree. She is not an expert. She is a charlatan. Fauci and his team may be wrong. But if they are, that would not make Mikovits right.

Fair enough. I simply caution you from tauting the conclusions of someone who happens to disgaree with policies with which you also disagree. She is not an expert. She is a charlatan. Fauci and his team may be wrong. But if they are, that would not make Mikovits right.

Do you just have to get the last word in? She may be what you say, but I think she was framed by Fauci. Actually, I do not need you to caution me or give me your personal advise about anything. I have enough of my liberal family members trying to do that.
I tried to be nice, but that was not good enough for you.
Again, will you just respect my thoughts as I do yours?

Reactions: ScottyP5
Do you just have to get the last word in? She may be what you say, but I think she was framed by Fauci. Actually, I do not need you to caution me or give me your personal advise about anything. I have enough of my liberal family members trying to do that.
I tried to be nice, but that was not good enough for you.
Again, will you just respect my thoughts as I do yours?

There isn't an attempt at a "last word" happening here. I thought we were having a polite discussion.

Further, it's not your thoughts that I do not respect. It's hers. I don't know enough about this disease to reach a conclusion as to Fauci or his policies. But I know enough about Miskovitz to know that not only are her ideas insanely wrong, they are dangerous.

All of that said, if you aren't interested in polite discussion on this topic, then I'm fine with letting it drop.

There isn't an attempt at a "last word" happening here. I thought we were having a polite discussion.

Further, it's not your thoughts that I do not respect. It's hers. I don't know enough about this disease to reach a conclusion as to Fauci or his policies. But I know enough about Miskovitz to know that not only are her ideas insanely wrong, they are dangerous.

All of that said, if you aren't interested in polite discussion on this topic, then I'm fine with letting it drop.

Peace

Peace brother, were good. How bout them Vols?
how bout them Vols?

Attachments

• D2794259-2A44-4F9F-85A2-C3D5CC7C4006.gif
    D2794259-2A44-4F9F-85A2-C3D5CC7C4006.gif
    110 KB · Views: 2
Easier to enforce some measure of social distancing when allowing students to return to classrooms than having 102k in a football stadium. I know they are going to try and have classes, but I bet you all the common areas will still be closed off.

Having football with no fans is much better than nothing. It'll be really weird watching games on TV with no crowd presence/noise.
I could see maybe them letting 40 to 60k in Neyland.

The hell they will, free speech rights. Some just want to shut down free speech, by the fall it will be more than 50,000 demanding their free will rights. God Bless and GBO!

Can anyone explain why OUR MEDIA is so obviously on the wrong side of this Pandemic Narrative? "Hate speech" to even Mention China? C'mon Man. The United States is resembling Soviet Russia and Communist China More every waking day. I suspect this thread will be gone quickly too; which will only reiterate the sad facts of our "Democracy in Ruin". TODAY, you are either for America, or against it. No middle ground. Let's see if we have First Amendment Rights anymore.

Gene Smith the AD at Ohio St made a comment recently that he didn’t think it made sense to play games without fans in attendance. Of course if it’s either that or not playing at all I’m sure he wouldn’t scrap the season

Doesn't make cents with as many dollars.

Doesn't make cents with as many dollars.

Take temps at the gates. Wear masks if you feel safer with it. You WILL have a temp with this virus. Too many REAL DOCTORS in the front lines have concluded as much. Of course the vaccine club will continue the Fear narrative, and play on everyone's desire to attend Sports to make Fans RUN to get a New, Unproven and Possibly dangerous Vaccine that contains Tracking Devices and will likely alter your very Cell DNA. Three shots? For what? CONTROL. COV----ID. Certificate of Vaccination---ID-chip.

Reactions: voljerm
Can anyone explain why OUR MEDIA is so obviously on the wrong side of this Pandemic Narrative? "Hate speech" to even Mention China? C'mon Man. The United States is resembling Soviet Russia and Communist China More every waking day. I suspect this thread will be gone quickly too; which will only reiterate the sad facts of our "Democracy in Ruin". TODAY, you are either for America, or against it. No middle ground. Let's see if we have First Amendment Rights anymore.

The fact that you still post QAnon garbage in here day in and day out, and don't have jack-booted thugs knocking at your door is evidence enough of that.

VN Store

Back