Talking Watches with Volnation

So I've been wanting a watch with a built in compass for when I'm hiking, camping, playing disc golf. I don't want to break the bank on one since it probably won't get worn more than a weekend a month. So I've been looking at Casio SGW-100s.
View attachment 261266
Does anybody have experience with them or a suggestion on something diffrent that would fit the bill? I don't really want a smart watch and want to keep it under $100.
can't go wrong with a Casio!

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Froggy today. Love this watch. Does everything I need and wears great. Also IMO looks pretty darn good. I think of I had to have only one (gasp!), this could be it. What is the one in your collection that gets the most wrist time?View attachment 261566
It’s going to be my Tudor BB58 for quite some time I imagine!

image.jpg

can't go wrong with a Casio!
That's been my experience. Even their cheap watches just keep running. The only thing I can say against them is it can be a pain to find an aftermarket band for them. My biggest debate on the SGW100s at this point is between a resin and nylon band, as I'm likely to be stuck with what's on it.

Last edited:
That's been my experience. Even their cheap watches just keep running. The only thing I can say against them is it can be a pain to find an aftermarket band for them. My biggest debate on the SGW100s at this point is between a resin and nylon band, as I'm likely to be stuck with what's on it.
Jays And Kays, LLC (jaysandkays) by JaysAndKays

these guys make NATO adapters for G-Shocks. Super easy to put on. Significantly increased the time my G-Shock is on the wrist and my enjoyment I get out of it!

You'll have to do a little research on whether or not their adapters will work for that specific Casio. They may have something for it specifically in their shop already. I'd probably just message them. If all this jazz interests you that is!

Jays And Kays, LLC (jaysandkays) by JaysAndKays

these guys make NATO adapters for G-Shocks. Super easy to put on. Significantly increased the time my G-Shock is on the wrist and my enjoyment I get out of it!

You'll have to do a little research on whether or not their adapters will work for that specific Casio. They may have something for it specifically in their shop already. I'd probably just message them. If all this jazz interests you that is!
Been loojing for a few days. Info on this particular model is in short supply. I can't Even find the lug size.

I would just message Jay&Kay I bet they’d know
Well, no luck on a band from Jay & Kay, or anywhere else for that matter. I knew better than to go down that rabbit hole. The lack of strap options has just about got me convinced to shells out more than a hundo for a G Shock. The G9300 Mudman specifically.

G9300-1_hd.png
The extra protection and solar battery have me thinking it's worth the money.

Well, no luck on a band from Jay & Kay, or anywhere else for that matter. I knew better than to go down that rabbit hole. The lack of strap options has just about got me convinced to shells out more than a hundo for a G Shock. The G9300 Mudman specifically.

View attachment 262700
Do it, you won't be disappointed!20200221_205150.jpg

View attachment 262700
I definitely think the mud man would be worth it! It’ll never fail!

Had to send the Omega back for service. Went to change the date yesterday and noticed an irregular “stain” in the center of the face under the hands. The jeweler said he hadn’t seen this before. 🤦‍♂️
615CCC06-A3FA-4950-9E20-53C2D363F714.jpeg

Reactions: Smokeytom
my 50s Eterna KonTiki. Silver face, black and silver batons. I believe the crystal is original (cyclops) because it has the Eterna mark (5 ball bearings) etched in the very center. Eterna mark is also on the recessed crown. Needs cleaning and the crystal needs polished. ****** Amazon band needs replaced.

IMG_2707.jpg

Richemont will be holding an online iteration of Watches & Wonders (formerly SIHH) this Saturday, April 25th. Given Rolex/Patek/Tudor eschewing their 2020 introductions and the obvious death of Baselworld set in stone last week, this will be the closest anyone gets to a large-scale new release exhibition for quite some time.

VN Store

Back