Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A win against that Spurrier team with that much talent isn’t embarrassing. It’s football. Sometimes you have to squeak one out and get lucky.
yeah, we basically ruined their season. that team was good enough to win a national title. that was the only game they lost. and i'm sure they cringed every week as we continued to win. oh, i bet they loved that Arkansas game....lol.

You know whats funny?

All the haters point to our number of 3 stars and how we will lose some of our big recuits and drop out of the top ten. They just think we are suddenly done and won't have any more recruitinf success after every recruit we get.

What do they say when we have three more four stars commit this weekend?

How long will they downplay it?

Man... good writing. Hit the right places. I feel a lot of this

My priceless, worthless baseball cards — ESPN
Have you seen Jack of All Trades on Netflix? Really good and gets deep into all this.

My uncle had Mantles and all other sorts of cards that my grandma threw out when he went to college. I couldn't believe it and kept all my cards for decades, thinking it was some investment as a kid. It sucks now, but I guess it was only yard mowing and allowance money too. What else was I going to do with it? Invest in Apple? 😭

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
I noticed something during my rewatch of the 1998 UT/UF game.

Outside of Jamal Lewis, Tee Martin, and Peerless Price... it seemed like just about every other player they mentioned, they said their home State was Tennessee.

And that probably explains best why up to that game, Fulmer was 1-5 vs UF.

The Florida athletes just ran circles around the Tennessee kids. Hell, outside of Al Wilson - who had one of the best games I’ve ever seen a defender have that game - all our best players were from other states.

On offense, Peyton's top 2 WR's the years before (Kent and Nash) were not from TN. Jay Graham, Jamal Lewis, and Shawn Bryson were not from TN.

On defense, Shaun Ellis, Darwin Walker, Jonathan Brown, Leonard Little, Jeff Coleman, Bill Duff, Raynoch Thompson, DeRon Jenkins, Terry Fair, Dwayne Goodrich, Fred White, Raymond Austin were all out of state players.

The only position that we seemed to use alot of instate players for a while was OL.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
You know whats funny?

All the haters point to our number of 3 stars and how we will lose some of our big recuits and drop out of the top ten. They just think we are suddenly done and won't have any more recruitinf success after every recruit we get.

Probably until we churn out a few bottom guys and/or 3-4 of those 3*s get bumps or we land more 5*s.

For this exact moment, though, they can still grasp onto their currently valid argument. They don't know what's coming though.

Well, hernia surgery on Tuesday. Then yesterday I find out that I’m out of a job come August.

Can we get another mother freaking boom up in here? We need another commitment. Anyone. Trinity Bell, what the hell are you doing? Pull the trigger already.
Crap dude... hoping for an upgrade for you 🙁

You know whats funny?

Some of the 3 stars will be recruited over. They're afraid and want to deflect anything positive going on for UT especially UGA fans. They know deep down if UT were to ever find the right coach and it's looking that way that we can become a powerhouse again.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back