Forum Name and Avatar

I don't have the imagination some of you guys have. I just used my initials and year model of my first Harley.

Horatio Oleander Galbraith

AVI is the Rakkasan Torri
I used to know a guy named Horatio. He was a cop in Miami, led a crime scene unit. Goid guy. 😂

Dad was a volman....

in the early days of the site we had very few members and in a means to create site traffic we would pad our post counts with random one word posts I became known as the postpadding ninja.... can't believe its been 16 years since I joined!

I signed up for my first UT message board over 20 years ago. Most common user names including the words 'Big', 'Orange' or 'Vols' were taken. 'Large Orange' was also taken so I dropped the ge off the end of 'Large' and 'Orange' and replaced them with a j and made it one word, hence 'larjoranj'. Pronounced the same as 'Large Orange'. I carried the username with me when I signed up at Volnation.

Last edited:
I signed up for my first UT message board over 20 years ago. Most common user names including 'Big', 'Orange' or 'Vols' were taken. 'Large Orange' was also taken so I dropped the ge off the end of 'Large' and 'Orange' and replaced them with a j and made it one word, hence 'larjoranj'. Pronounced the same as 'Large Orange'. I carried the username with me when I signed up at Volnation.

You win for most creative

For a couple of years in the mid-'90s, I lived in a mountainous & remote region of northern Japan that reminded me a lot of my East Tennessee home.

1588812183035.png

Loved the people and enjoyed the food, festivals, sights and wildlife. One of my favorite wild critters there was the Japanese serow, or "kamoshika" in Japanese; encountered them frequently while hiking in the mountains.

1588811570682.png

First off, I am a Lady Vol fan. One of the Lady Vol basketball scholarships bears my Mother’s name. But the first message board I found was the Duke women’s board, and you had to be registered to read it. It was a Scout Board. Both our sons are Duke grads and I used that for my user name; so I am Mom to 2(Dukies), and when I found the Lady Vols message board I just kept my same user name.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back