Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think if we can get solid QB play we win the East. I know that's a big if but the program has a LOT of momentum right now.

The turnaround since early October has just been unreal to watch.

Hell I’ve been saying this...that’s our only weakness in my opinion.the Defense is stacked in the back field my only concern is the Linebackers,Henry will be fine..but I’m worried of the growing pains none the less I believe as the season goes they will get in sync

Reactions: triadvolfan
We are having football... It's only the first of May and everyone is loosening up restrictions and slowly opening back up... the economy is straining to just take off like a rocket. By then end of the this month, middle of June, the landscape is going to look completely different... this is going to be looked at/dealt with like the flu by the end of the summer... just be careful and smart... If you are healthy, get out and build immunity, if you have a pre-existing condition, are very overweight, diabetes, over 60, etc, then take extra precautions and stay away as much as possible. There, done...

now just make sure you spray your yard for Murder Hornets and we'll be good to go....

Give me your 2020 break out player from each year

Senior
Josh Palmer.... I already liked the guys natural ability and felt he really came on at the end of last year. I think he leads the team in receptions next season and finds himself getting drafted in the first three rounds.

Junior
Princeton Fant.... Wide open hole at TE and we’re going to need someone to step up. I think Fant could be the man.

Sophomore
Jaylen McCoullough..... Lets face it: Flowers isn’t reliable because of health. Shamburger isn’t consistent. Warrior is gone so we need someone. McCoullough doesn’t have the speed to be a traditional back end safety but I think he can be a terror in the box. Always in the mix. I’d expect him to flash big plays on a weekly basis.

Freshman
Harrison Bailey.... Feels like too easy of an answer. Very likely our starting QB at some point, provided we don’t land JT Daniels.

Gooden
Bennett
Crouch
HB

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
We are having football... It's only the first of May and everyone is loosening up restrictions and slowly opening back up... the economy is straining to just take off like a rocket. By then end of the this month, middle of June, the landscape is going to look completely different... this is going to be looked at/dealt with like the flu by the end of the summer... just be careful and smart... If you are healthy, get out and build immunity, if you have a pre-existing condition, are very overweight, diabetes, over 60, etc, then take extra precautions and stay away as much as possible. There, done...

now just make sure you spray your yard for Murder Hornets and we'll be good to go....
Thank you for a level headed and very honest post. I agree with every line of this. 👍

Reactions: volinbama256
how the heck is GA predicted to be just as strong as the past two seasons? I know they have been recruiting at an insane pace, but they've not proven to develop talent too well. They will definitely be strong, but they did lose a lot of experience...

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I read an actual news story once about a lady who named her daughter Female, but pronounced like it rhymed with tamale. When asked why she named her daughter that, she said she didn't. She said that was on the side of the basinet so she assumed that was her name.

Lots of crazy people in the world.
This one I know for sure is true. Heard it straight from the nurse in hospital. They named their daughter La'Dynasty. You know that got pronounced. Lady nasty.

The lemonjelo/orangjelo stuff (funny story, btw) was moved out of the player thread. We had two mods dealing with the reported posts at the same time and the notification didn't match the action because it ended up getting moved in here instead of the off topic thread. Just an FYI.

Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Poor @OGbabyaviVol. Can’t get a call back from @frank. @drvenner do you charge a fee to facilitate contact with @frank? Asking for @OGbabyaviVol who has a question re text messages.

New QB, new OL, Swift is gone, and will Pickens even ne eligible? They may have a stout defense, but their offense is all kinds of questionable IMO. Would not be surprised to see them struggle this year.
its GA, V9,000.0

more talent, Citrus Bowl bound

I’d be surprised if it’s anybody else. Unrelated note, anybody else see this recruiting coming?

Obviously seeing this flurry wasn’t predictable but I had a hunch Neids was on to something with the PR stuff being tweeted for months now. I think the first few big fish was a result of being told the plan of how we are going to put $ in our players pockets thru the selling of their likeness.

As for the last few commits and the next ones to follow it’s easy to see these coming now because the staff can sell the better jump on board soon as the seats in the boat are filling up approach. And that’s easy to see that’s coming soon.

A nation and a college are two different dynamics

Well sure but I just don’t see schools saying screw the governors and POTUS plans if these phases don’t progress as needed to play.

FWIW I heard one of the talking heads predict football starting in October with limited fans. Sorry I don’t recall who said that

Thanks, but @Freak and I have met over some yummy coffee and hashed out the problems with text alerts that aren’t working period. Getting push notifications from Twitter now, so I’m good. Thanks for caring!

Wow! Really wish you had let us know. Ranking my anxieties from the past few days:

1. Waiting more that 30 minutes or so for a new recruit
2. Functioning Text Alerts
3. Murder Hornets
4. COVID-19
5. TP shortage

Glad to clear a spot on my list of anxieties.

Well sure but I just don’t see schools saying screw the governors and POTUS plans if these phases don’t progress as needed to play.

FWIW I heard one of the talking heads predict football starting in October with limited fans. Sorry I don’t recall who said that
Most high schools are planning to open up in August/September. If there is no football with fans schools are going to go bankrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back