Tess Darby offer story

No, the reality is you're talking about the majority of a roster that had a losing SEC record, won 19 games, lost in the NCAA first round, and lost its best player to their most hated rival.

We HOPE Harper (and newcomers) will make them significantly better, but that remains to be seen. The other reality is her last stint at this level didn't go so well...
Would you please let Kellie have her opportunity and leave the past what it is. the past!!!

You are so correct I have noticed a darkness in this Forum. I thought maybe some of the members were actually fans of other schools and are on this site to create discord. If this young lady responded to an offer from us we should be happy and honored. I have seen post after post slighting the young people that we asked to play for us. I understand that expectations are high and we have not performed as well as our history would lead one to expect. However these are young adults with a desire to play for UT if that is not enough to treat them with the respect they deserve, what is?

You are right about OTHER SCHOOLS having trolls looking here to see what’s going on at UT! Some identity themselves, like a couple of South Carolina fans. But others (Especially UConn fans ) hide and try and get some here to lose their cool ! But most of the regulars know them and just ignore....
Just look at any good positive post that has a lot of likes..... The Negative haters will never give a like ! And look at the negative haters post and their followers will like .... Now you know how to find them ! 😈

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
All Sports Programs should want some in-state representation, and most probably do; however, if in the LV's current dilemma the offering a girl who seems to be up & coming, offered by the other Power 5 conference teams, can shoot 3's, & who cries once offered because she has dreamed of playing here, is not a good thing, what is? You won't have to worry about this girl buying in, & probably leading by example through her efforts once here.

I'm not sure what she has done to make you think she has this amazing eye for talent. She failed at her only other Power 5 job, she's never recruited a High School All-American, never developed an All-American in college, never put a player in the WNBA, never made a deep March run (unless you count one Sweet 16 last year). You are entitled to your opinion and welcome to continue your blind trust in her, but when she offers a player no other SEC team wants... she still has A LOT more to prove before she earns the benefit of the doubt IMO...
Why are you a Lady Vol fan??

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'm not sure what she has done to make you think she has this amazing eye for talent. She failed at her only other Power 5 job, she's never recruited a High School All-American, never developed an All-American in college, never put a player in the WNBA, never made a deep March run (unless you count one Sweet 16 last year). You are entitled to your opinion and welcome to continue your blind trust in her, but when she offers a player no other SEC team wants... she still has A LOT more to prove before she earns the benefit of the doubt IMO...

Not all about watching what she does shooting the ball in those clips it is also her movement before the shot. Why put yourself through the misery of being a Lady Vol fan if you do not trust this coaching staff and their decisions of who they offer scholarships to . I wouldn't want to support any team that I thought wasn't doing their best to find the players they need and had a plan for that player. I lost confidence in Holly because the players were not performing like they should until they left Holly. How many of her players got a lot better in the WNBA. Until I have a reason to think otherwise I trust the decisions of the present coach and staff.

I too am not happy with CHW's performance, but to judge her or any college coach because their players improved after graduation is disingenuous. Griner, Taurasi, Collier, Tolliver and every other player in the W are better than they were in college. Are Kim, Geno, Brenda, and everyone else all bad college coaches? If players weren't able to improve, they wouldn't stay in the WNBA for long.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
I too am not happy with CHW's performance, but to judge her or any college coach because their players improved after graduation is disingenuous. Griner, Taurasi, Collier, Tolliver and every other player in the W are better than they were in college. Are Kim, Geno, Brenda, and everyone else all bad college coaches? If players weren't able to improve, they wouldn't stay in the WNBA for long.

I judge a person's professionalism by every facet when it comes to something I do...Just as I judge my own self.
I am a coach.
Not just by proxy, I chose it and it chose me.
When I look at CHW's body of work as a head-coach ,,,
I look at advancement of :
the program
the players
and gamesmanship

The program went backwards
the players did not advance while here
and she still ended the year with timeouts in her pocket,,,runs notwithstanding

Kim, Geno, Brenda and everyone else has their own "Coach Jumper"
I just happened to be Holly's

Ours didn't improve they turned into totally different players. All the players you mentioned were also tremendous in college a lot of Holly's players never did much of anything until they got to the WNBA.

Darth, the screen name you have chosen, means Dark Vol....I don't believe dark is referring to skin color, but your personality trait....
This leads me to think you are of a dark nature, and find little joy in the things you observe. Based on the many posts I have seen that you have posted, this is spot on...

Darth, the screen name you have chosen, means Dark Vol....I don't believe dark is referring to skin color, but your personality trait....
This leads me to think you are of a dark nature, and find little joy in the things you observe. Based on the many posts I have seen that you have posted, this is spot on...

That, or maybe just a fan of Star Wars who didn't feel like being that creative when coming up with a screen name?

I'm never going to be the fan rejoicing in a "moral victory" like so many other Tennessee fans have after the football game last weekend. What I saw was a Vols team that got their a** kicked... again. If that makes me a "Negavol" so be it...

Reactions: olddog
This is really going to blow your mind, but you can be a fan of a program and still have serious concerns about the direction it's heading.

The cult-like "everything is awesome" thinking that has ruined other Tennessee forums has sadly started to permeate here. Having an independent thought can be a good thing and can, stay with me here, actually make forums like this better and more interesting. Try it sometime. If that isn't your thing, I can recommend a place...

nRTX0HH.jpg
Can you independently give the woman a chance??!!!

The staff has my trust don't really care what you think so let's move on you keep being negative. She has the benefit of the doubt with me and I think with the majority of fans. I like Kellie and I like Darby and your childish BS not ever gonna change that.
Looks like you’ve been proven wrong.

And, I’ve heard Patricia Sue’s dad’s “Donkeys to Race Horse” analysis - an approach that, quite bluntly, came back to haunt us in some huge games. Games when our opponents also boxed out and hustled on defense; but when they had possession, they moved and distributed better than us. They had more, better passers and shooters than us. It’s no coincidence that Coach Kellie (whether or not she signs them) is placing a high premium on the more diverse, multidimensional players.

This is why we were losing to lower tier SEC teams and what led to our wheels coming off against top 20 teams. This aspect of our team will get better. Tess is a great shooter and passer. Exactly what we need. Kaiya, Tess and Destiny will provide offense as Kellie designs plays that exploits their talent. Rennie can shoot as well. We now have three extremely talented guards who can attack the rim in Jordan, Kaiya and Destiny.....and they can pass it back out for a 3 pointer from Rennie or Tess. Yes, we lost talent but we replaced it and actually will be much better due to our new found diversity. Just would love to get Sara and Teonni on board. That class would be, potentially, the best in well over a decade.

This is why we were losing to lower tier SEC teams and what led to our wheels coming off against top 20 teams. This aspect of our team will get better. Tess is a great shooter and passer. Exactly what we need. Kaiya, Tess and Destiny will provide offense as Kellie designs plays that exploits their talent. Rennie can shoot as well. We now have three extremely talented guards who can attack the rim in Jordan, Kaiya and Destiny.....and they can pass it back out for a 3 pointer from Rennie or Tess. Yes, we lost talent but we replaced it and actually will be much better due to our new found diversity. Just would love to get Sara and Teonni on board. That class would be, potentially, the best in well over a decade.

I like how you think Rickster....Tess is going to be a 3 point demon shooter that will put smiles on many of our faces....Of course, (no names) the more she succeeds, the more we know a certain poster will frown....

It's nice to finally have a coach that likes offense...Can't win if you can't score.
13840497_0f1e58ef1e0b42448a399557766c2eb1.jpg

Been saying that the whole time GT,,,"Offense wins games, defense wins championships"
Work on offense throughout the first 2/3 of the season and start emphasizing defense at the end run
This is not to say you don't emphasize both along each segment, but to get particularly efficient at scoring, flow and offensive continuity early on and go into lock-down mode when you get to the stretch run.

Just like in any race, you use strategy, positioning and posturing early and let it all out for the finish

My criticism of Darby is strictly on the court, not as a person. I don't know her personally, but if she is fragile enough to fall apart over comments on a message board then she definitely shouldn't come to a high profile program like Tennessee. This is really about butt-hurt fans who need to go back to their safe spaces if they're going to cry about basketball-related criticism on a basketball message board...
Do you have kids? I'm just asking, because people like you just don't know when to shut the !!!K up!

Do you have kids? I'm just asking, because people like you just don't know when to shut the !!!K up!

Don't respond to him. Even the parents and players are wising up to the true negavols on this site.
He's a joke. A pathetic joke.
Like a geeky newspaper reporter who starts creates a story and then sits backand cowers at the thought of someone finding out who he is

A joke, pure and simply, a joke

Well, after 111 posts in this thread, it gets dug up 6 months later and without even posting again, Darth gets slapped around.

What a waste of bandwidth.

Defending Darth after his history???

It takes a while for the dust to settle
Darth has to expect this and hopefully learn from it
I will defend him a month down the road if he doesn't repeat
But for now, the memory is fresh
He has to take his lickings, just like I do and just like anyone who is "visible" does

Defending Darth after his history???

It takes a while for the dust to settle
Darth has to expect this and hopefully learn from it
I will defend him a month down the road if he doesn't repeat
But for now, the memory is fresh
He has to take his lickings, just like I do and just like anyone who is "visible" does
Oh please....I’m not defending him.

Reactions: glv98
If I don't get my certificate, signed photo, and decoder ring soon, I'm demanding a full refund of my dollar.

I just can't, anymore, do the damsel in distress by the forum meanies argument. Its intractable. The rescuers are so, so passionate in their outrage but imo its so grossly diminishing to these smart, saavy, experienced young women and their families. Who could care less. So 50 lashes with a wet sunshine pumper noodle Darth. There you go.

I think its perfectly legit to judge a recruit by who's after her. When we get a good signee, we never hesitate to crow if we beat out say, Walz, right? So if we're the only SEC team to offer, it's a sign. If most of the top coaches and their highly paid recruiting staffs all come to same conclusion about a potential recruit they may be on to something.

Does not mean she can't be the feel good story of the final four in a few years as the overlooked recruit who fooled em all. I would love that outcome for her and us. Godspeed to her on that journey.

OTOH, the possibility of "Free Tess" posts and the second coming of Dunbar can't help but rear their heads. Call it Holly Derangement Syndrome.

VN Store

Back