Kaiya Wynn to Tennessee :)

I was wondering the same thing. Does it quiet some of the whispers about this staff not being able to recruit? I know getting Key or Rivers would really open eyes. But if this group lands Puckett (who is shooting up the rankings and is a work horse and b-ball junkie) would that suffice although some of her rankings are like #62.

What if we land a Brooklyn Miles instead of Raven Johnson?
My personal opinion is to enjoy every recruit and analyze once the class is complete.

I was wondering the same thing. Does it quiet some of the whispers about this staff not being able to recruit? I know getting Key or Rivers would really open eyes. But if this group lands Puckett (who is shooting up the rankings and is a work horse and b-ball junkie) would that suffice although some of her rankings are like #62.

What if we land a Brooklyn Miles instead of Raven Johnson?
I don't see a huge downgrade with Miles think she is right in there talent wise with all the other point guards. Puckett is the same player talent wise as Verhulst regardless of ranking. She is ranked number 21 at Prospect nation so I guess Hoopgurlz decided to give her a ranking. I will be more than happy with Puckett and Key hopefully add a fifth player point guard or we could totally use Wynn there.

I’m definitely enjoying this recruiting win and how the class is shaping up. I am also glad to hear that this staff is targeting specific players with the vision of the bigger puzzle not just rankings.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Kellie is recruiting the best available players that fit her system regardless of rankings. I think there will be those who will speak ill of her recruiting ability regardless but, if I accurately predict the future, Kellie is going to start signing her primary targets in the next couple of years (that's her #1 guard, wing and post). This is a really good start for her.

The new coach at Miss State came to the LVs as a fast athlete, and as she has explained she became a skilled basketball player. Similarly, Glory was a freshman frustration at times because she rushed her layups and missed. She also learned to "slow down" as the years progressed. If Wynn can become a player compared with either of those players all will be well.

I would expect that recruiting players within an acceptable distance from UT is a focus and has a greater probability of success. Don't expect many future recruits from Washington State (smile)

Reactions: GameTime
I have many oars in the water all rowing towards the same goal

rowing.GIF

LOL thank you glv98! I'm not sure where my praise for Wynn or for Kellie landing her was unclear, but reading comprehension was never a strength for my fan club...

All right, Darthie, sometimes you have upset me with the harshness of your posts, but NOW, you have hurt my feelings. I consider my reading comprehension to be excellent. 🐩🐩

EDIT:

@DarthVol
Apologies Smallvol! On the contrary I always considered myself president and charter member of your fan club. I certainly put you on a pedestal above my groupies...”

There you go, making me blush again. Thank you. (Now behave😉).🍊🍊🍊🍊

Last edited:
All right, Darthie, sometimes you have upset me with the harshness of your posts, but NOW, you have hurt my feelings. I consider my reading comprehension to be excellent. 🐩🐩

Apologies Smallvol! On the contrary I always considered myself president and charter member of your fan club. I certainly put you on a pedestal above my groupies...

GameTime, we need to talk. Kaiya is a state champ in the 200 and 400m and a good long jumper and high jumper. She may be the most athletically gifted player the LVs have signed since Glory Johnson.

In today's game, elite team need athletes with very good basketball skills or skilled ballplayers who are very athletic (the order does not matter).

I note that athleticism can come in different forms- sometimes you have Glory Johnson whose vertical is off the charts and has elite sprinter speed. Sometimes it is a player with great balance, coordination, and lateral quickness.
SAY WHAT??????? HUSH YOJR MOUTH!!!!
GLORY BEEEEEEEEE.!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back