Kaiya Wynn to Tennessee :)

She drives.....she shoots....she scores.....she shoots a wicked demon ball.....

Now this is what a basketball player looks like...
Dontavia%20Wagoneer%20and%20Kaiya%20Wynn%20pg%205.jpg
Good news, just when some good news was needed, if only to show KJH alive and kicking in the recruiting game now with an "in the box" get. Seems like she could be a very solid player.

As far as her game, its interesting you say she's a bball player, per our recent discussion of athletes vs bball players. Reading the reviews on her, I see athleticism highly emphasized and two used the same word to describe her offense - emerging. One said she was working "toward" a 3 pt game. Of course she will no doubt develop those bball skills more during her Sr yr of hs ball. Hopefully KJH will prove way more adapt at molding bball players out of athletes than her predecessor was.

She actually sounds alot like JH, athletic, active, good rebounder, slasher. I bet with a little experience for both she and JH could be a hellavu lockdown defensive combo.

Last edited:
Reactions: GameTime
We'll see. If Kellie can just lock down the state and keep the best talent from going elsewhere, that alone would provide a huge foundation for her recruiting. I'm just glad Wynn didn't get the memo that she can't commit to a school unless she has had a relationship with the coach for multiple years...

Darth, I see coach Waltz asked you to play a little solitaire again...
d39531a0770d6ae8f4a1b19c0c775f9b.gif

I'm just glad Wynn didn't get the memo that she can't commit to a school unless she has had a relationship with the coach for multiple years...
No,VA VOLFAN,this is another attempt by him to downgrade Coach Kellie Harper because she is not his hero Walz.
Don't think its a downgrade of Harper at all. In fact, he gives her credit for doing it without having texted the kid 8000 times since she was 12. Sounds more like a nanny nanny boo boo at those who've frequently argued that recruiting relationships are crucial to success. Of course, that's true most of the time, Darth is just yucking it up over the rare occassion it wasn't true. No biggie.

Don't think its a downgrade of Harper at all. In fact, he gives her credit for doing it without having texted the kid 8000 times since she was 12. Sounds more like a nanny nanny boo boo at those who've frequently argued that recruiting relationships are crucial to success. Of course, that's true most of the time, Darth is just yucking it up over the rare occassion it wasn't true. No biggie.

But the memo from Darthcentral had been that Kellie can't recruit because NC St.; she is not up to the level of power 5 b-ball, she is not a high profile name with a strong track record; she was the inexpensive "settling for less option"; she was not Jeff Walz who would have come here if only.....

Rather than taking a dig at those (including myself) who said, it takes time to build recruiting links (which is a very orthodox view), a mea culpa might have been a more appropriate response rather than invoking some kind of saracastic and completely disingenuous version of "I told you so."

Good news, just when some good news was needed, if only to show KJH alive and kicking in the recruiting game now with an "in the box" get. Seems like she could be a very solid player.

As far as her game, its interesting you say she's a bball player, per our recent discussion of athletes vs bball players. Reading the reviews on her, I see athleticism highly emphasized and two used the same word to describe her offense - emerging. One said she was working "toward" a 3 pt game. Of course she will no doubt develop those bball skills more during her Sr yr of hs ball. Hopefully KJH will prove way more adapt at molding bball players out of athletes than her predecessor was.

Larry Bird....Not real athletic, but a hell of a basketball player.
Magic Johnson.....Athletic, and a hell of a basketball player.

Generally, the super athletic player through high school, has been able to overpower their opponents with little effort. They were faster, could jump higher, and just a variety of superior abilities that made the game fairly easy for them....Often, but not always, they sometimes lack the basic fundamentals of the game that are needed when they meet up with athletic players that are basketball players too.

The less athletic player, to achieve their success, has mastered, not only the basic fundamentals of the game, but how to use these fundamentals to their advantage...They are adept at drawing a foul on an opponent, hitting shots from behind the line, from the elbow, baseline, or the easy lay up.

Our friend from the north won a lot of games and titles with players that would never win track championships, but could shoot lights out, while their opponents were missing a ton of lay ups...(Basic fundamentals)

The films I have watched on Wynn is she is very athletic, and has basketball smarts too....She can drive to the basket and can kick it out when covered...She was also making a lot of demon balls too (3 point)

To my eyes she looks fabulous....Put this girl with Striplin, and a few others to come, forget about it. We're all going to be happy (maybe not Garth) in the near future.

Lots to be happy about today....This great news, and the football team has also struck gold today, and all week with two 5 star kids and a couple 4 star kids, plus the number one running back from the Junior College ranks.......Hell of a good week to be a Vol.

Larry Bird....Not real athletic, but a hell of a basketball player.
Magic Johnson.....Athletic, and a hell of a basketball player.

Generally, the super athletic player through high school, has been able to overpower their opponents with little effort. They were faster, could jump higher, and just a variety of superior abilities that made the game fairly easy for them....Often, but not always, they sometimes lack the basic fundamentals of the game that are needed when they meet up with athletic players that are basketball players too.

The less athletic player, to achieve their success, has mastered, not only the basic fundamentals of the game, but how to use these fundamentals to their advantage...They are adept at drawing a foul on an opponent, hitting shots from behind the line, from the elbow, baseline, or the easy lay up.

Our friend from the north won a lot of games and titles with players that would never win track championships, but could shoot lights out, while their opponents were missing a ton of lay ups...(Basic fundamentals)

The films I have watched on Wynn is she is very athletic, and has basketball smarts too....She can drive to the basket and can kick it out when covered...She was also making a lot of demon balls too (3 point)

To my eyes she looks fabulous....Put this girl with Striplin, and a few others to come, forget about it. We're all going to be happy (maybe not Garth) in the near future.

Lots to be happy about today....This great news, and the football team has also has struck gold today, and all week with 2 5 star kids and a couple 4 star kids, plus the number one running back from the Junior College ranks.......Hell of a good week to be a Vol.
indubitably

Reactions: GameTime

LOL thank you glv98! I'm not sure where my praise for Wynn or for Kellie landing her was unclear, but reading comprehension was never a strength for my fan club...

She isn't a point guard, she will play wing. Her biggest immediate impact will be on defense. I can see her being the program's next shutdown perimeter defender, and making the SEC defensive team more than once. I would like to see her offensive skills evolve her senior year as she becomes the top scoring option. Waggoner is a great player, but Wynn has more upside IMO.

And speaking of point guards, hopefully this will help when it comes time for Ensworth's point guard to make her college choice in a couple of years...
Congratulations!! Great Great get. extremely athletic with skill and high BBIQ. Once heard Jim Calhoun say the first thing a new coach has to do is lock up your in-state talent, so Great JOB KJH and coaches. Now get Teonni and a distributor (or two) along with Striplin and the LV's have got the cupboard stocked.

They called him Magic because he had no moves, was slow, couldn't shoot, or pass the ball, was a complete waste of a player...It was magic he was on a team.

Not athletic at all....

You're confusing skill with athleticism. He was more athletic than Bird, but wasn't particularly fast compared to other guards, and he wasn't a great leaper with highlight dunks and didn't block a lot of shots despite his size. But, like Bird, it really didn't matter...

Reactions: Memvol44
They called him Magic because he had no moves, was slow, couldn't shoot, or pass the ball, was a complete waste of a player...It was magic he was on a team.

Not athletic at all....
giphy.gif

tumblr_okalp2Hb5b1sdydefo1_r1_400.gif

A 6-9 player with that level of coordination, agility and body control definitely meets the criteria of being athletic. I would add on the dimensions, Larry Bird, also 6-9, was more athletic than people gave him credit for. He had a very quick first step and amazing hand-eye coordination.

This is the player that when someone had posted, months ago, that there was mutual interest between Wynn and Tennessee, I think I said this one was one to hope and pray for — the type of real speedster we desperately need. So happy she’s a future Lady Vol!

A 6-9 player with that level of coordination, agility and body control definitely meets the criteria of being athletic. I would add on the dimensions, Larry Bird, also 6-9, was more athletic than people gave him credit for. He had a very quick first step and amazing hand-eye coordination.

Some of Magic’s passes were so spectacular that even after watching the replay ten times I’d still be thinking, “What in the heck just happened?!” He was the GOAT passer, in my opinion.

A 6-9 player with that level of coordination, agility and body control definitely meets the criteria of being athletic.

Yeah, I'd say a guy who once played all five positions in the 1980 NBA Finals while managing 42 points, 15 rebounds, and 7 assists en route to the MVP Finals performance in his rookie season has a hint of athleticism.

Then again, I hated the Lakers.

Does this make everybody happy at this point are we now recruiting or do we still have some with objections.

I was wondering the same thing. Does it quiet some of the whispers about this staff not being able to recruit? I know getting Key or Rivers would really open eyes. But if this group lands Puckett (who is shooting up the rankings and is a work horse and b-ball junkie) would that suffice although some of her rankings are like #62.

What if we land a Brooklyn Miles instead of Raven Johnson?

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back