Kaiya Wynn to Tennessee :)

Are you talking to me? The person who was defending you ... you yourself have posted that you have difficulty understanding things some time.

That poster was responding to a question asked by another poster and didn’t say anything negative about Wynn or her ranking.

Soooo WTF are you talking about? Don’t start any **** YOU jumped on the poster for simply answering a question a question that likely more than one person had.

@Bballnut1952 thank you for providing the rankings!
No problem. I have a thick skin.

She looks like a very good pick up.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
I'm no expert on women's basketball but it looks like she releases her jump shots from shoulder level. It does find the basket though. Maybe I'm just used to seeing guys releasing their shots from well above their head. A 5 star is a 5 star though and I'm glad we have her.

Definitely, she has a shoulder release--more of a push shot than a text-book jumper. Whenever I see a player with that kind of shot (and it is most common in the women's game), I always worry that it will be easily blocked because of the trajectory but that seldom seems to be a problem. For an athlete with Kaiya's speed, probably even less so because most defenders would be afraid to get too tight and then get blown by.

Was she signed as a point guard or a wing? What position is she expecting to play?

She isn't a point guard, she will play wing. Her biggest immediate impact will be on defense. I can see her being the program's next shutdown perimeter defender, and making the SEC defensive team more than once. I would like to see her offensive skills evolve her senior year as she becomes the top scoring option. Waggoner is a great player, but Wynn has more upside IMO.

And speaking of point guards, hopefully this will help when it comes time for Ensworth's point guard to make her college choice in a couple of years...

She isn't a point guard, she will play wing. Her biggest immediate impact will be on defense. I can see her being the program's next shutdown perimeter defender, and making the SEC defensive team more than once. I would like to see her offensive skills evolve her senior year as she becomes the top scoring option. Waggoner is a great player, but Wynn has more upside IMO.

And speaking of point guards, hopefully this will help when it comes time for Ensworth's point guard to make her college choice in a couple of years...

Watched her and Waggoner in state tournament. Waggoner getting most of the press because she had committed already ! But you are right about her upside . Point .... maybe not but her handles and getting to the goal are very good ! Their offense was to get the ball to Waggoner or her and the (8th grade ) point was given the ball most of the time . The chances of her coming to UT ? Slim..... sister playing at Vandy . Just Saying

This was a good get , and hopes there are more to come !🤔

Reactions: Darth_Vol
The chances of her coming to UT ? Slim..... sister playing at Vandy . Just Saying

Sister will be long gone by then, and it's very possible the current Vandy coaching staff will be as well. Jaloni is a different caliber recruit than her sister was, can't see her settling for a Vandy...

Sister will be long gone by then, and it's very possible the current Vandy coaching staff will be as well. Jaloni is a different caliber recruit than her sister was, can't see her settling for a Vandy...

There is another sister on the team and although not as talented ! It will be interesting if Vandy takes her ? The sister at Vandy NOW will definitely be gone as little sis has 4 more years of high school.... Agree about the coaches being gone by then . And Jaloni will be able to go where ever she wants ... But if I was the parent and had a chance to get three daughters a degree from Vandy ! Just saying?

The fact that all three girls played at ENSWORTH ..... this fact should not be overlooked!

There is another sister on the team and although not as talented ! It will be interesting if Vandy takes her ? The sister at Vandy NOW will definitely be gone as little sis has 4 more years of high school.... Agree about the coaches being gone by then . And Jaloni will be able to go where ever she wants ... But if I was the parent and had a chance to get three daughters a degree from Vandy ! Just saying?

The fact that all three girls played at ENSWORTH ..... this fact should not be overlooked!
Idk... Kennedy already has multiple SEC offers; so it will be interesting to see where she lands (true maybe Vandy),but with all the hype they seem to pump out for Jaloni, it’s hard to believe she’s not a top 5 or bust girl

GameTime, we need to talk. Kaiya is a state champ in the 200 and 400m and a good long jumper and high jumper. She may be the most athletically gifted player the LVs have signed since Glory Johnson.

In today's game, elite team need athletes with very good basketball skills or skilled ballplayers who are very athletic (the order does not matter).

I note that athleticism can come in different forms- sometimes you have Glory Johnson whose vertical is off the charts and has elite sprinter speed. Sometimes it is a player with great balance, coordination, and lateral quickness.
Yes!!!! I thought this was the kid that someone early on asked about her speed and the response was a picture of her at a track meet holding a great big trophy! Fast indeed!

Reactions: GameTime

We'll see. If Kellie can just lock down the state and keep the best talent from going elsewhere, that alone would provide a huge foundation for her recruiting. I'm just glad Wynn didn't get the memo that she can't commit to a school unless she has had a relationship with the coach for multiple years...

We'll see. If Kellie can just lock down the state and keep the best talent from going elsewhere, that alone would provide a huge foundation for her recruiting. I'm just glad Wynn didn't get the memo that she can't commit to a school unless she has had a relationship with the coach for multiple years...

I don’t speak Darth is this his way of saying good get by Kellie and crew or is this disappointment ?

Dude, even in a moment of good news, you just can't help taking a dig at someone can you? I guess you can't understand the difference between a general tendency (most recruits tend to have established some kind of relationship with a coach that predates their commitment and situations where a recruit, coach and school connect.

VN Store

Back