Social Distancing at College Football games

I want row 24........seats 1 thru 12 in the U or T section.........that's about 6 feet..........really =\
If you listen to Jimmy Hyams the stadium is never more than half full anyway, then when you factor that anyone who arrives at the game together has already been exposed and there doesn't need to be a gap, so we should be good.

I think it is abundantly clear that testing is inadequate at this time. We can argue along party lines if there is someone to blame, but we all know we need more testing - plain and simple. I suspect that if everyone in the US could be tested all at once, we would all be shocked at how many of us have had the virus but had no idea.

This virus is different than the flu in that the flu has human origins - COVID-19 has animal origins. Many of us have natural immunity to the flu, which helps to prevent the spread. We have no natural immunity to this virus, and because it infects certain people without showing any symptoms, many people will be transmitters of the virus without any knowledge. Certain drugs have shown some indications that they may help, but as of now there is no magic bullet, and there likely won't be a vaccine for many months.

I can only speak for myself, and just for argument's sake, if there were no change in the infection and death rate between now and August and they decided to proceed with the season, I probably would not go to Neyland for a game. In reality though, I hope and expect both the infection rate and death rate to go down. If that happens and the students go back to school and things are back to some semblance of normality, I would go with no issues. To be honest, I am not all freaked out about it. I do think it is serious, and I think we should all try to be smart and things will get better. I think to treat this as some kind of a conspiracy just doesn't seem realistic. A social inconvenience and economic tragedy, yes but a conspiracy, no.

With all that said, I have renewed my season tickets and I REALLY hope that the season does happen. But being honest once again, I have my doubts.

Quality post.

There is no reason not to have College Football On Time. We have Treatments, It is NOT Nearly as Deadly as advertised; and if everyone gets tested and uses common sense (don't go to a game If you are SICK) We are looking at the same impact as the regular flu. WE have done out part (quarantined) and if the Medical Community will stop the "Side Effects" narrative of Plaquinal (Malaria drug that I have taken, and know someone who has taken it for 20 years with NO Issues) Any New Cases can be handled----Treated Early. Let's get on with Living. The Vaccine Pushers want us to remain locked down in Fear; that's why they Inflated the Numbers. Just Treat the Sick, and get this Country Open! And CHINA can go to hell!
This exactly. We need these events to happen before the population can experience herd immunity. When that happens the virus will disappear. There are going to be people who get sick and there are going to be deaths regardless.

There is no reason not to have College Football On Time. We have Treatments, It is NOT Nearly as Deadly as advertised; and if everyone gets tested and uses common sense (don't go to a game If you are SICK) We are looking at the same impact as the regular flu. WE have done out part (quarantined) and if the Medical Community will stop the "Side Effects" narrative of Plaquinal (Malaria drug that I have taken, and know someone who has taken it for 20 years with NO Issues) Any New Cases can be handled----Treated Early. Let's get on with Living. The Vaccine Pushers want us to remain locked down in Fear; that's why they Inflated the Numbers. Just Treat the Sick, and get this Country Open! And CHINA can go to hell!
Only thing, some people are asymptomatic and may transmit the virus, as well as a person can be infected and not show symptoms for days or weeks, but can still transmit the virus.

I want to be at the game as much as anyone but to me here is what needs to happen.
1) No Fans in the stadium, we all watch on TV
2) Every player from both teams (if they traveled or dressed out) have to be tested for Covid on Friday before the game.
3) The test has to be given by someone other than the team as we know there are those who will cheat (for their best players)
4) Positive test, you are out for at least two games no questions asked and you must be tested each week before you can be cleared.
5) All testing includes the coaching/support staff.
6) Each home game week we all have to send in $26 for the (2) beers we would have purchased at the stadium to help support the schools deal with the loss of income from the empty stadiums.

feel free to add your own stipulations.
I don't drink, but the $26.00 would be cheap compared to the cost of a ticket.

Viruses run their course. This is slowing down now. By August it will be a non factor. But keep up the Sky is Falling Narrative. That's what the Vaccine Proponents Like.

If social distancing was not out in place our hospitals would be overran right now. If you aren’t for the measures we had to take then name 1 or 2 people from your family you could live without. I sell the monitoring equipment that goes into ICUs and know firsthand that these hospitals would not be ramping up capacity, forgoing revenue from elective surgeries, MRIs, etc... if this was all a hoax and going to go away. The steps taken to minimize exposure is working. COVID has severely impacted my business as hospitals are being hit financially and basically everyone is on a spending freeze with exception of what is needed for COVID. Some business has come in to increase capacity for COVID as hospitals are anticipating a second wave in the fall and once states return to normal.

We are absolutely not there yet with testing to adequately know who has it and who may be immune and those tests are also not fool proof as well because they may show antibodies for the virus but may not indicate if one is fully protected.

No blame to any administration on this. We were I’ll prepared for this pandemic. Watch the Netflix series Pandemic. It’s eye opening and was produced before COVID-19 was even a thing.

This Retort shows just what you DON'T Know. The dosage for Lupus & RA Patients is FIVE Times the amount being Administered to Cov19 Patients. And STILL it is Safe enough for those Patients to remain on it LONG TERM. The key to success with any Meds is early Intervention; Obviously if you wait until the Patient is already compromised you will face more serious challenges. The Side Effects Of Corona include DEATH. Of course the Media is silent on the success of Hydroxy; It is totally Political. Me thinketh thou doth protest too much. Like the Democrats.
Might I just interject here; not everyone will react the same to a drug. Some it works for, some it doesn't, some have allergic reactions, some don't. I'm not a Dr., scientist, chemist, I'm just a 66 year old retiree, when you see a commercial on TV touting a drug, listen to the possible side affects of that drug. Not everyone will have those side affects, some may have one, some more than one, some may even die from taking the drug. Not everyone will respond the same to hydroxychloroquine. Some may benefit from it, some won't. Is anyone aware of the fact that this virus is mutating? There are something like 30 different mutations last I saw. That could be part of the problem finding a solution to treatment. And as for mandating someone take a vaccine if one is found and inserting a microchip in those who have taken it, well, that would require taking away our freedom of choice.

You didn't go to many games last year did you? There were a lot of tickets to be had for $10. I gave away 6
No, as a matter of fact, I didn't go to any last year, didn't even look at ticket prices, and I would hazard a guess that the $10.00 tickets were after the dismal start last season.

Reactions: savannahfan
I want to be at the game as much as anyone but to me here is what needs to happen.
1) No Fans in the stadium, we all watch on TV
2) Every player from both teams (if they traveled or dressed out) have to be tested for Covid on Friday before the game.
3) The test has to be given by someone other than the team as we know there are those who will cheat (for their best players)
4) Positive test, you are out for at least two games no questions asked and you must be tested each week before you can be cleared.
5) All testing includes the coaching/support staff.
6) Each home game week we all have to send in $26 for the (2) beers we would have purchased at the stadium to help support the schools deal with the loss of income from the empty stadiums.

feel free to add your own stipulations.

In response to no. 6 Surely schools are not relying on the revenue from beer sales for much monetary support just yet. If they are, I think they have a money problem already.
In response to 2-5 I wonder just how long a program would be able to field a team. Would not take long to have more sick than able to play or coach.
No. 1 Might work for some programs in the big time, but what about the many, many schools who don't have the where with all to be seen on TV. Just wondering.

My take: GO WHOLE HOG OR NOT AT ALL. (do not mean to evoke any Arky references)

Dr Stephen Smith. Google Him. He is currently treating Cov19 patients with Hydroxychlorine ; with "Excellent Results". "The Safest Drug Profile I've Seen" "It works, especially treated early". NOW explain to me why there is so much resistance to a drug that is curing the Scourge that is keeping us locked down? As In You? Politics, pure and simple. That's DESPICABLE. Another Dr. using Hydroxy; Dr. Jeff Colyer. No Side Effects! The LEFT is selling you a load of Political BS. And you are buying all of it. Fouci is part of Bill Gates Circle of Vaccine Proponents; since Gates is Financing Vaccine Research. So, Fauci is COMPROMISED Too. Mandatory Vaccines are their objective. Control the Population. Hence Fauci----"There is no cure." Hell yes there is, You just don't want it to interfere with your agenda. Mandatory Vaccines and ID Chips to verify and track. If you come back with more BS I will have plenty more Truth to lay on you.
No wonder you are so misinformed when this is your Dr

giphy.gif

Reactions: VonVol2
Good Lord.... We have more medical experts on this site than football experts!!
Surely the UT medical school has a site like this FOOTBALL/All Sports site that our medical experts can go post on.

No, as a matter of fact, I didn't go to any last year, didn't even look at ticket prices, and I would hazard a guess that the $10.00 tickets were after the dismal start last season.
Yep, and the bad weather for some games didn't help either, but the atmosphere for FLA and AL (especially when we are in it) can never be matched on TV.....

781aa751e994839d8d80dd17ec810008.jpg

Reactions: GlennTenn and SDV
I think it is abundantly clear that testing is inadequate at this time. We can argue along party lines if there is someone to blame, but we all know we need more testing - plain and simple. I suspect that if everyone in the US could be tested all at once, we would all be shocked at how many of us have had the virus but had no idea.

This virus is different than the flu in that the flu has human origins - COVID-19 has animal origins. Many of us have natural immunity to the flu, which helps to prevent the spread. We have no natural immunity to this virus, and because it infects certain people without showing any symptoms, many people will be transmitters of the virus without any knowledge. Certain drugs have shown some indications that they may help, but as of now there is no magic bullet, and there likely won't be a vaccine for many months.

I can only speak for myself, and just for argument's sake, if there were no change in the infection and death rate between now and August and they decided to proceed with the season, I probably would not go to Neyland for a game. In reality though, I hope and expect both the infection rate and death rate to go down. If that happens and the students go back to school and things are back to some semblance of normality, I would go with no issues. To be honest, I am not all freaked out about it. I do think it is serious, and I think we should all try to be smart and things will get better. I think to treat this as some kind of a conspiracy just doesn't seem realistic. A social inconvenience and economic tragedy, yes but a conspiracy, no.

With all that said, I have renewed my season tickets and I REALLY hope that the season does happen. But being honest once again, I have my doubts.
Yes, thank you. Mirrors a lot of my thoughts.

This exactly. We need these events to happen before the population can experience herd immunity. When that happens the virus will disappear. There are going to be people who get sick and there are going to be deaths regardless.
You are badly wrong

SAY WHAT? One Day? Wow you people are desperate to post an opinion. Did you KNOW that Approximately 1/3 of cov cases were actually NOT cause by Corona? CDC told DR's to list COD as Corona even if there was no Lab Work to Prove it. WHY? Agenda. Keep us in Fear and Locked Down. It's Documented. Search it. WOW. Such followers.
You’re not wrong however if we’re talking worldwide deaths caused by the virus is underreported. Russia for one usually has COD as pneumonia which pneumonia related deaths are way up there, we’re getting confirmation the China has underreported deaths as well, Italy, Spain, etc if you look at death statistics over a few years you see likely confirmed positives are underreported as well. Same reasons you listed for over reporting a lot of it is politically motivated.

I don’t think your line of thinking is wrong but your timeline is more the issue I have. There’s nothing wrong with building herd immunity once you have the pieces in place to A)protect the most vulnerable populations B)not overwhelm your medical staffs and facilities and C)have the supply chain in place to get materials where they need to be.

I think quarantine can be scaled down but I still think mass gatherings is a recipe for disaster and we’re not yet to a point where we can just allow the virus to spread and deal with the consequences as they come.

I do agree with you that this is something that’s not going away and that we have to deal with each year like seasonal flu. I agree even with proper treatment protocols and vaccines we’re still going to have deaths like you see with seasonal flu. I think the number of preventable deaths definitely diminishes with time if we take all the proper precautions.

I think personally testing numbers should guide how areas handle the level of quarantine but likely political and economic considerations will. I also think for the most part the people arguing with each other aren’t that far apart. I don’t think anyone wants to miss college football and I don’t think anyone wants to put their community at greater risk but several have different opinions of how to move forward.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
I don’t think your line of thinking is wrong but your timeline is more the issue I have. There’s nothing wrong with building herd immunity once you have the pieces in place to A)protect the most vulnerable populations B)not overwhelm your medical staffs and facilities and C)have the supply chain in place to get materials where they need to be.

I think quarantine can be scaled down but I still think mass gatherings is a recipe for disaster and we’re not yet to a point where we can just allow the virus to spread and deal with the consequences as they come.

I do agree with you that this is something that’s not going away and that we have to deal with each year like seasonal flu. I agree even with proper treatment protocols and vaccines we’re still going to have deaths like you see with seasonal flu. I think the number of preventable deaths definitely diminishes with time if we take all the proper precautions.

I think personally testing numbers should guide how areas handle the level of quarantine but likely political and economic considerations will. I also think for the most part the people arguing with each other aren’t that far apart. I don’t think anyone wants to miss college football and I don’t think anyone wants to put their community at greater risk but several have different opinions of how to move forward.

I can speak to supply chain. If we hadn't put lockdown measures in place, the health system wouldn't have had a chance. We're just now getting around the curve in trying to keep up in certain categories. Our (very large) company has seen a 3,000% increase in N95 mask demand. There just weren't enough masks in the world ready for that demand. It also didn't help that one of the world's largest manufacturer of sterile gowns had to recall millions of gowns just prior to COVID hitting because the sterile gowns weren't really sterile. Herd immunity sounds great, but trying to get there too soon will leave many, many dead bodies in the wake.
Trying to balance that with the fact that economic devastation also leads to (harder-to-quantify) deaths. There just isn't a magic bullet answer for this. Best thing we can do is pray and love/look out for others.

I can speak to supply chain. If we hadn't put lockdown measures in place, the health system wouldn't have had a chance. We're just now getting around the curve in trying to keep up in certain categories. Our (very large) company has seen a 3,000% increase in N95 mask demand. There just weren't enough masks in the world ready for that demand. It also didn't help that one of the world's largest manufacturer of sterile gowns had to recall millions of gowns just prior to COVID hitting because the sterile gowns weren't really sterile. Herd immunity sounds great, but trying to get there too soon will leave many, many dead bodies in the wake.
Trying to balance that with the fact that economic devastation also leads to (harder-to-quantify) deaths. There just isn't a magic bullet answer for this. Best thing we can do is pray and love/look out for others.
Agree. We’ve just now started to get a decent supply of proper protective gear where I work. We were mostly reusing masks until they weren’t reusable then repairing them to use some more. That’s just the most basic supplies as well.

Attachments

• Dunning Kruger.jpg
    Dunning Kruger.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 9
Trials mean they are checking for safety brother. Those people taking it will get to find our what it could do to you. Like 2 years from now they have some form of cancer or it damages liver. So, what else ya got. Your buddy taking it for 20 years, is not everyone. It takes time to run trials, but also early indication and reports that some of the malaria drugs are doing nothing for it. It was all Trump and fox news saying it worked. Turns out those scientist you referred too, say in their clinical trials that the drugs are really not that beneficial. So maga right?

This drug has been around since the 40's. It has an excellent record of safety. I don't give a damn whose drug it is, if it works, and will get us back to living; use it. You are the one with Agenda. Mine is to make the sick well with no Politics. Yours is They Might have side effects in two years. We would be about done with this Virus. It matters not how many Doctors I quote on here (Names and opinions & results) you guys will NOT even do a search. Tell me who is off the rails.

Reactions: onevol74
Agree. We’ve just now started to get a decent supply of proper protective gear where I work. We were mostly reusing masks until they weren’t reusable then repairing them to use some more. That’s just the most basic supplies as well.

N95 Masks can be used over and over. Spray them with Peroxide and allow to dry . I do it every day. MIST Spray. And yes the straps can be mended/replaced.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
tinfoil hat not working?

Bah Bah Bah.

tinfoil hat not working?

I really feel sorry for the Ignorance. I'm not offended, just disappointed in people. Words are just that. When you can't offer a viable statement, an attack is always the strategy.

The drugs he was on when he posted all that appear to be working just fine.

No Buddy, you people are the ones on something. When you have nothing to say, shoot the messenger. Typical .

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back