Muffet McGraw stepping down

She was a great back door coach....ND was usually good for 2-3 back door plays a game....I have always liked the woman...Even when she won, she was usually gracious...Hate to see her go.
5cf0b20c79f80.image.jpg

Ivey back to ND as head coach. What a weird situation.
Weird how? Ivey as Muffetts successor has pretty much been known for a while. Doubt Muffett would have retired without that being a done deal.

Great record and always a class act. Extra credit for being the only one able to occasionally interupt Genos magical run. Also for running a beautiful, fluid offense which i'd kill to see the LVs run for even a half. Sorry her last season was a cluster.

Like I posted a few weeks back, the coronavirus pandemic will leave millions of people rethinking how they see themselves navigating through the rest of their lives. So I'm not the least bit surprised that McGraw is choosing to retire now. Even though I'm sure she's always enjoyed her career, there are many aspects of coaching a basketball team that have always been, even pre-COVID, a huge pain in the butt. But now? Sheesh! In this new world, with what will likely be many new and difficult rules to deal with, along with the new transfer rules, I suspect there will be a heckuva lot more aging coaches thinking about handing the reins to younger people with more energy.

Now Muffet can get back to tending her beautiful gardens. Good for her!

Weird how? Ivey as Muffetts successor has pretty much been known for a while. Doubt Muffett would have retired without that being a done deal.

Great record and always a class act. Extra credit for being the only one able to occasionally interupt Genos magical run. Also for running a beautiful, fluid offense which i'd kill to see the LVs run for even a half. Sorry her last season was a cluster.

Why not just do it last year? I get wanting to finished with those seniors but then pass the torch. What I find weird is that she coached one more year and it was a dumpster fire. Why not just step down last season and have Ivey take over.

Now we will see if Ivey is the coach a lot of us think she is. This is getting interesting. Time for Geno to go and let Shea Ralph take over.

Reactions: brieeallen
Ivey back to ND as head coach. What a weird situation.

Ironically, she was my second choice for this job after Walz. It will be interesting to see how she does compared to Kellie as she is walking into a worse situation. I'll be watching...

Nice Lady, I wish her the best

Why is that weird?

See post #42. I just don’t understand why this year and not last. Seems like last season would have been more natural. I believe Ivey was running the show anyway. She leaves for a year and they had an AWFUL season. She had picked everything up and moved to Memphis only to work there a season. Seems it would have made more sense for McGraw to step down after her seniors graduated last year.

I was also aware she was heir apparent to the ND throne.

See post #42. I just don’t understand why this year and not last. Seems like last season would have been more natural. I believe Ivey was running the show anyway. She leaves for a year and they had an AWFUL season. She had picked everything up and moved to Memphis only to work there a season. Seems it would have made more sense for McGraw to step down after her seniors graduated last year.

I was also aware she was heir apparent to the ND throne.
I see what you're saying. Feeling was Ivey was going to get some head coaching e experience before taking over for Muffet. Probably supposed to be more than one year. But after the disastrous last season and also probably owing to Coronavirus I think this schedule got speeded up a bit. No doubt Ivey has a bare cupboard, got a big challenge ahead

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back